PDA

View Full Version : Architects, do they need the work?

Rheghead
25-Aug-09, 02:22
OK so I got recommended a local architect, so he gave me 6 weeks and he will be back in touch but never came despite taking my contact details. Am I supposed to chase this guy or should I go somewhere else?

I have been in contact with a building firm from outside the county who are all too eager and will do the designs and the building work except the base/founds etc.

Errogie
25-Aug-09, 08:34
I would alert the architect's nemisis the Duke of Cornwall to this latest example of the profession's unsatisfactory performance.

gleeber
25-Aug-09, 17:29
Give him another call Rheghead. ask him if he can get something ready for you within the week. Then, let me know when you have drawings done and all you will have to do is sign the cheques.

canuck
25-Aug-09, 22:42
Rheghead, don't tell me that you are thinking of altering that beautiful house of yours! :~(

sweetpea
25-Aug-09, 23:25
OK so I got recommended a local architect, so he gave me 6 weeks and he will be back in touch but never came despite taking my contact details. Am I supposed to chase this guy or should I go somewhere else?

I have been in contact with a building firm from outside the county who are all too eager and will do the designs and the building work except the base/founds etc.

I find people lek at like to make work for themselves.It's like me chasing my bunny tail, no point. Do you have to have an 'architec' ?