PDA

View Full Version : introducing..our newest family member

brandy
24-Aug-09, 21:33
hiya guys,
we have a new family member! *G* well i always said i wanted 4 kids and here he is... meet Spot. he just arrived at our house yesterday, but he is already fitting in!
wrangled his way in to bed with us at just before 6 am this morning when i gave up sleeping and brought him to bed. Bubbles has taken right up with him, and they are getting along great. she did pounce him yesterday thinking he could play at her level, one whine and she was on her belly licking him... sad an 8 week old already has the two year old wrapped around his paw! any way heres the pics.. *G*
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e346/brandy28655/DSCF5616.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e346/brandy28655/DSCF5617.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e346/brandy28655/DSCF5619.jpg

brandy
24-Aug-09, 21:34
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e346/brandy28655/DSCF5641.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e346/brandy28655/DSCF5643.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e346/brandy28655/DSCF5650.jpg

Dadie
24-Aug-09, 21:44
He is cute but will take a lot of walking when he grows up....
Hopefully Spot and Bubbles will play together and tire each other out!

brandy
24-Aug-09, 21:59
mo thinks he will be about tarns size. his mum is really small but hes a chunker. yup lots of walkies but do that anyway. gonna be evil and drag moira out with me tomorrow if i can. wahaha... bless him hes very vocal... complete opposite of bubbles at the same age. he hates the crate, but he will go into it as his food and water is there, maybe he will grow use to sleeping in it... *cringes*

Dadie
24-Aug-09, 22:06
Iona hates the playpen:(
And howls in it.

Hopefully puppies are better at being caged than small people:lol:

dragonfly
25-Aug-09, 13:19
he's so sweet Brandy, what is he........... a JRT??

cuddlepop
25-Aug-09, 13:24
What a gorgeous wee puppy you've got there.
Love his wee fleshy bit on his nose so cute.

Bubbles looks like he's in sshock though.:lol:

shazzap
25-Aug-09, 13:50
Lovely dogs.

brandy
25-Aug-09, 14:06
*giggles* hes gonna be a huge jrt if he is! just coming up 8 weeks! nahhh hes a springer spaniel.
hes coming into his own today. he and bubbles are bouncing all over the house. it was funny watching him play tug o war with bubbles.. omg he so bit her today! he walked up behind her and the long fur on her legs he just grabbed and pulled. she looked around and gave him a what are you doing look. but he just did it again and she just looked disgusted and walked away

Kathy@watten
25-Aug-09, 15:09
Brandy you must be nuts! What on earth are you doing with another dog? Your house is going to have to be the new zoo of the north! Mad Mad Mad but as your wee bitty at the bottom of post says....re sanity! lol enjoy

shazzy
25-Aug-09, 18:58
what a gorgeous pup,last piccie is my fav.As having had 3 spaniel's (two now in doggie heaven) you will not have much peace,mad is an understatement,but wouldnt be without!

brandy
25-Aug-09, 20:10
i like the last one as well... he is going to have to compete with a labradoodle... so im use to insane canines in this house.. goes with the crazy kids and lost the plot parents.. *G* we just muddle along and see what happens at this point.
have already given up the crate idea as all he does is cry. i swear he dosent take a break. but saying that hes almost house trained already. only had a couple mistakes so far, and thats usually when im that two seconds late getting the door opened. hes already going strait out and peeing first thing. he will prob. be bouncing off the walls before he is old enough for his walks!

Phoenix200416
25-Aug-09, 20:22
OMG he is so cute!!!!!!!

butterfly
25-Aug-09, 21:20
What cuties they both are.

BINBOB
25-Aug-09, 22:53
lovely puppy...but I worry about those red berries lying around........had a puppy years ago ,who ate some of these[ birds dropped them in our garden]..........he was very sick for a couple of days,but ok eventually.

good luck.;)

young_fishin_neep
25-Aug-09, 23:18
awwwwwwwwwww absolutely adorable!! just wanna give him a cuddle! xxxxx

sweetpea
25-Aug-09, 23:28
Is the black dog in the last photo a Labrododle?

brandy
26-Aug-09, 06:18
the berries are off the rowan tree.. and there are loads of them right now. they are just falling off by the arm loads. so not much can be done about it. but hes only outside long enough to pee and poo at the moment any way so not to worried.
up bubbles is a F1 labradoodle.

Margaret M.
26-Aug-09, 17:25
Ah Brandy, he is a cutie! Some dogs have no interest in eating anything but what is in their dish but I have one who thinks the garden is a salad bar. I hope Spot is not like her and he continues to ignore the rowan berries.

Rowan: Rowan, or Mountain Ash, is a deciduous tree common throughout the UK. The berries are orange-red, or sometimes yellow, and develop and ripen from August onwards, often remaining on the plant until December. If accidentally eaten by animals, vomiting, diarrhea and salivation may be seen. Veterinary advice should be obtained if pets have mistakenly eaten the plant.

BINBOB
26-Aug-09, 18:31
Ah Brandy, he is a cutie! Some dogs have no interest in eating anything but what is in their dish but I have one who thinks the garden is a salad bar. I hope Spot is not like her and he continues to ignore the rowan berries.

Rowan: Rowan, or Mountain Ash, is a deciduous tree common throughout the UK. The berries are orange-red, or sometimes yellow, and develop and ripen from August onwards, often remaining on the plant until December. If accidentally eaten by animals, vomiting, diarrhea and salivation may be seen. Veterinary advice should be obtained if pets have mistakenly eaten the plant.

Margaret.......That is exactlyb what happened to my 7 month old liver roan cocker spaniel,Jack.He was VERY unwell for 2days[in the vet surgery,on a drip.]took almost a week until he was normal again............very scary..thought we were losing him.so I would hate for this to any other animal.thanx for info.;)

brandy
26-Aug-09, 18:36
wow. didnt know that about rowan berries. but he dosent get out on his own and keep a close eye as well. wonder how birds can eat them?

neepnipper
26-Aug-09, 21:19
Lovely to have a cuddle with Spot today, he is sooo gorgeously yummy, hope to see him again soon.

BINBOB
26-Aug-09, 22:17
wow. didnt know that about rowan berries. but he dosent get out on his own and keep a close eye as well. wonder how birds can eat them?

Strange ..it is...but it was the birds dropping them in our garden that caused the problem.We went out every morning to pick them up..and during the day too.

butterfly
28-Aug-09, 18:51
[quote=BINBOB;585805]Strange ..it is...

Nowt strange about it.These berries are not poisonous too birds.