PDA

View Full Version : allotments

NickInTheNorth
24-Aug-09, 12:42
Having just noticed on the highland council website that there is a consultation under-way regarding allotments (http://www.highland.gov.uk/socialwork/healthimprovement/allotments/) within the highland council area I just wondered if there is anyone else within the Thurso area interested in getting an allotment.

It would appear from the draft consultation that the council might well be getting interested in helping to create new allotments, I for one would love to have some space for growing my own veg.

greenasiamcabbagelooking
24-Aug-09, 13:23
i might be wrong here, but didn't the Council sell the land that the former allotments in Thurso used to be on ?

hindsight is a wonderful thing :roll:

it would be great to see allotments back in Thurso (did Wick ever have any?) , but where would they go ?

Kevin Milkins
24-Aug-09, 14:13
i might be wrong here, but didn't the Council sell the land that the former allotments in Thurso used to be on ?

hindsight is a wonderful thing :roll:

it would be great to see allotments back in Thurso (did Wick ever have any?) , but where would they go ?

I believe there used to be allotments near the North School behind Leith Walk in Wick.

It would be good to have the oppotunity to grow our own veg.:Razz

porshiepoo
24-Aug-09, 14:29
The law is that if there are a need for allotments, then the local council have to supply them.