PDA

View Full Version : cness.co.uk

funkypumpkin
24-Aug-09, 08:39
For those who have not realised yet, the online auction is now online! www.cness.co.uk (http://www.cness.co.uk)

Invisible
24-Aug-09, 11:00
I'm impressed, good work!

ter21wat
24-Aug-09, 11:31
Brilliant! I'll make sure to spread the word :D

rs 2k
24-Aug-09, 11:41
Today i bought my 1st item off it and i have listed my 1st item :)

It is free to put stuff on also

I'm hoping it'll take off

Its a bit slow just now but hopefully more people will join :)

Matthew
24-Aug-09, 12:18
For those who have not realised yet, the online auction is now online! www.cness.co.uk (http://www.cness.co.uk)

Thank you for the recommendation! :cool:

Gizmo
24-Aug-09, 12:40
Thank you for the recommendation! :cool:

Hi, are you the Matthew that has a load of PS2 video games listed on the site?, just one thing i'd like to point out, in all your listings you say that you can post the items, but there is no indication in any of the listings just exactly how much you are charging for postage, it's really something you should address, as postage cost is very important with auctions like these, and could be the defining factor in someone bidding or not, for all i know, you could be charging £3 postage for something that costs just over a pound to send.

teenybash
24-Aug-09, 12:45
Great website, glad to see it up and running...........Does anyone know how to upload pics of items for sale as I have a few things to sell?

Matthew
24-Aug-09, 12:46
Hi, are you the Matthew that has a load of PS2 video games listed on the site?, just one thing i'd like to point out, in all your listings you say that you can post the items, but there is no indication in any of the listings just exactly how much you are charging for postage, it's really something you should address, as postage cost is very important with auctions like these, and could be the defining factor in someone bidding or not, for all i know, you could be charging £3 postage for something that costs just over a pound to send.

Yes, this is an issue which I am aware of and working to get sorted asap. Currently you can only choose 1 postage type when listing an item, this will soon change to allow many postage types and also show them in the listing. But for now if you want to find out how much somebody is charging for postage your best bet would be to ask them a question through the site. But yes, I should have stated the postage costs in the listing too.

To be honest I dont know how much it would cost to send a PS2 game through the post. I would expect that it wouldn't be more than £1.00. So If you are interested in buying one of them but want it posted let me know. I definately will not rip you off anyway.

Matthew
24-Aug-09, 12:49
Great website, glad to see it up and running...........Does anyone know how to upload pics of items for sale as I have a few things to sell?

When you go to put an item up for sale on the website, it will allow you to upload up to 8 images from your computer. All you need to do is click on browse and find the image on your computer.

I don't think caithness.org is the right place for me to be giving support for these things so if anyone requires support please do it via the website. I dont want the orgmasters to get angry. :~(

Edit: In fact, I will eventually open a forum for cness.co.uk where people will be able to discuss things.

funkypumpkin
24-Aug-09, 17:34
This is really good, I have sold two items already! :Razz

rs 2k
24-Aug-09, 17:56
Can someone tell me how do u get in touch with the person u bought something off?

I bought something this morning and no info only they live in Thurso, so i sent the woman a msg asking for her address so i can collect but nothing back as yet, so is that how it works, u have to send the person a msg asking their address?

What if she isn't on for days, is it just tough? [lol]

funkypumpkin
24-Aug-09, 18:13
Can someone tell me how do u get in touch with the person u bought something off?

I bought something this morning and no info only they live in Thurso, so i sent the woman a msg asking for her address so i can collect but nothing back as yet, so is that how it works, u have to send the person a msg asking their address?

What if she isn't on for days, is it just tough? [lol]

http://cness.co.uk/index.php?do=help&id=2 (http://cness.co.uk/index.php?do=help&id=2)

Maybe this will help you.

rs 2k
24-Aug-09, 18:21
Thanx for that

I have read it, and now i have to wait for the seller to get back to me with address

Ok thats what i have to do then [lol]

Cheers

Matthew
24-Aug-09, 23:49
There are still some very minor issues with the site that still need sorting. I update the site several times a day. Some issues take longer to sort out than others. I have made countless changes recently to try and make the site faster and more user-friendly. Some of you may have noticed some pretty cool changes if you have been with cness from the start.

All the main functions of the site are working fine. I would like to remind everyone to make sure they read the help pages first. More help pages will be added soon too. And I will also open a community forum early next month where users will be able to discuss everything there.

Thank you all for your support and feedback - I really appreciate it! I hope you all continue to enjoy using your new local auction website.

Mr P Cannop
25-Aug-09, 14:55
its got some good items on it

deagon
25-Aug-09, 15:28
i visited the site, its excellent, just what was needed, good luck with it m8 :D

i'm sure it's a winner :) and it's very easy and free to sign up

BazzaG
25-Aug-09, 16:53
great website, will certainly use in the near future

Matthew
25-Aug-09, 19:02
Thanks for all the kind comments! Will be advertising quite a bit in the next 2 weeks so expect to see many more things on there!

deagon
29-Aug-09, 15:30
this site is getting to be real popular, loads of stuffs on it now, better than Tesco's lol:D

kmahon2001
29-Aug-09, 17:24
Just tried to get on the site, but it's apparently offline at the moment. :(

balto
29-Aug-09, 18:50
Just tried to get on the site, but it's apparently offline at the moment. :(
just typicaL inst it i went on aswell.

silverfox57
29-Aug-09, 19:01
just typicaL inst it i went on aswell.
balto,think have the same luck as you none?:(

Matthew
30-Aug-09, 11:26
Had to do some emergency maintenance. The site is back up now though.

lelebo
30-Aug-09, 12:04
very impressed and what a great idea! I've registered and will be putting some items on as soon as I get my confirmation. I've a load of stuff I've been meaning to put on ebay but would rather put it on here and benefit something local :)

locini
30-Aug-09, 12:40
Mathew Great site - Great idea - Well done

Couple of questions for you though...

Do you do discounts on your commission fees for businesses listing lots of items, on a regular basis? (We currently have over 100 items in our ebay shop.)

Can you use turbo lister or similair to list lots of items on a regular basis?

Can you point me in the direction of your listing rules page?

Matthew
30-Aug-09, 15:22
Mathew Great site - Great idea - Well done

Couple of questions for you though...

Do you do discounts on your commission fees for businesses listing lots of items, on a regular basis? (We currently have over 100 items in our ebay shop.)

Can you use turbo lister or similair to list lots of items on a regular basis?

Can you point me in the direction of your listing rules page?

Our commission is already quite low and cheaper than ebay. I am not sure if I would be able to give discounts on top. However I am not charging to have a store and listings are also free.

'Turbo Lister' is something I have just recently looked into and I am definitely going to think about adding that software in the future.

Here are a couple of links that may help you...

Our policies: http://cness.co.uk/index.php?do=policies
Selling and Seller fees: http://cness.co.uk/index.php?do=help&id=3

If you need further info please PM or email me.

octane
30-Aug-09, 15:54
Yeah good on ya mate.

As for the sellers, not sure if there just thick, lazy or both, but it would help if you put a bit more effort into what your actually selling.

1. Condition of item
2. Brand, Model number
3. A photo helps and theres millions of tutorials on how to do it.
4. Any defects because its going to be noticed once the item changes hands so a bit of honesty goes a long way.

Basically give as much info as you can, at the end of the day your on there to sell and if your not bothering your buttocks in doing so, then potential buyers are'nt gonna give two hoots about bidding.

Just basic, simple advertising etiquette, its all it is !!!

locini
30-Aug-09, 18:24
Yeah good on ya mate.

As for the sellers, not sure if there just thick, lazy or both, but it would help if you put a bit more effort into what your actually selling.

1. Condition of item
2. Brand, Model number
4. Any defects because its going to be noticed once the item changes hands so a bit of honesty goes a long way.

Basically give as much info as you can, at the end of the day your on there to sell and if your not bothering your buttocks in doing so, then potential buyers are'nt gonna give two hoots about bidding.

Agree completely Octane, the more effort going in on the sellers part also probably secures a higher price for the item...

As not enough info/pictures Etc.. on a product can put a lot of buyers off.

Mathew

- Shame that potential "powersellers" or your equivalent will not be rewarded for using your service, in some way... No problems and more than happy with the 10% to charity bit, but surely there is some scope in the other 90% to give a little discount to bigger business sellers?

- Do you have any idea on when you will be looking at integrating Turbo Lister? As the daunting thought of having to copy and paste 100's of items descriptions and upload even more pictures, somewhat puts me off a little for the time being. I also of course realise you will be very busy at the min with the new launch, so completely understand if its a bit off, a rough idea would be good though...

- Thanks for the links have read through them.

Wish you the best of luck - Im sure cness.co.uk will be a great success.:lol:

Matthew
30-Aug-09, 18:47
Yeah good on ya mate.

1. Condition of item
2. Brand, Model number

I completely agree too Octane!

Agree completely Octane, the more effort going in on the sellers part also probably secures a higher price for the item...

As not enough info/pictures Etc.. on a product can put a lot of buyers off.

Mathew

- Shame that potential "powersellers" or your equivalent will not be rewarded for using your service, in some way... No problems and more than happy with the 10% to charity bit, but surely there is some scope in the other 90% to give a little discount to bigger business sellers?

- Do you have any idea on when you will be looking at integrating Turbo Lister? As the daunting thought of having to copy and paste 100's of items descriptions and upload even more pictures, somewhat puts me off a little for the time being. I also of course realise you will be very busy at the min with the new launch, so completely understand if its a bit off, a rough idea would be good though...

- Thanks for the links have read through them.

Wish you the best of luck - Im sure cness.co.uk will be a great success.:lol:

I'll possibly find a discount solution for the big sellers eventually. At the moment I am still busy trying to get the website bug free and as user-friendly as possible.

As for the turbolister, it will probably be at least 1-2 months before I'll get the turbolisting software ready. It will be coming though, eventually!

The site is getting there... slowly growing and expanding everyday which is good... and there is a mixture of things on it now. I will be advertising much more in the next month or so too which should give the site a boost. :)

locini
30-Aug-09, 18:52
Excellent, Excellent, And Excellent.

Remember to keep us updated on the T-lister, as will get my auctions listed as soon as thats complete.

Thanks Mathew.

deagon
31-Aug-09, 16:41
i agree with OCTANE, the more info on an item, plus a pic would improve the sellers chances of a sale immensely.

funkypumpkin
31-Aug-09, 21:37
I am so pleased to see this site gradually evolving into what will hopefully be a really popular website for everyone to trade on. Especially with the added bonus of being able to collect or deliver items locally (a big plus especially with the Highlands & Islands postage costs added by some). I know there are still some teething problems but on the whole I think Matthew has done a great job so far and lets face it, you can't run before you can walk. Keep up the good work!

deagon
02-Sep-09, 15:42
I am so pleased to see this site gradually evolving into what will hopefully be a really popular website for everyone to trade on. Especially with the added bonus of being able to collect or deliver items locally (a big plus especially with the Highlands & Islands postage costs added by some). I know there are still some teething problems but on the whole I think Matthew has done a great job so far and lets face it, you can't run before you can walk. Keep up the good work!

i agree with funkypumkin, and it will take a little while to become firmly established, but to be fair it is doing extremely well so far, over 200 registered users, and more signing up each day :D

deagon
06-Sep-09, 20:32
hey matthew, just something im wondering about, what is your policy on the sale of animals, puppies, hamsters etc. on cness.co.uk

1) do you allow it
2) if you do what constraints are there

thanx m8

Matthew
08-Sep-09, 17:45
hey matthew, just something im wondering about, what is your policy on the sale of animals, puppies, hamsters etc. on cness.co.uk

1) do you allow it
2) if you do what constraints are there

thanx m8

We will be allowing the sale of pets/animals on the site in the near future.

The only constraints would be the sale of some exotic animals as I'm pretty sure you need a license to own certain exotic animals.

We do not support 'Puppy mills' where animals are bred in unsatisfactory conditions and sold for profit.

Fri_13
08-Sep-09, 18:13
Great site will register soon.

deagon
11-Sep-09, 14:56

The only constraints would be the sale of some exotic animals as I'm pretty sure you need a license to own certain exotic animals.

We do not support 'Puppy mills' where animals are bred in unsatisfactory conditions and sold for profit.

thanx for that matthew, and i agree with your sentiments entirely:D

BINBOB
11-Sep-09, 15:41

How will u know how/where the puppies come from/how they are kept????Really do not like that idea at all.Sorry.

Ido think rehoming/rescue would suffice.

Stefan
11-Sep-09, 21:05
I think it should be allowed as it's a local site. Can't see any problems with chickens and sheep etc.

deagon
14-Sep-09, 17:24
How will u know how/where the puppies come from/how they are kept????Really do not like that idea at all.Sorry.

Ido think rehoming/rescue would suffice.

isint there an official list of recognised registered breeders, who are checked and monitored, i believe there is

BINBOB
14-Sep-09, 18:51
isint there an official list of recognised registered breeders, who are checked and monitored, i believe there is

Yes...maybe there is ,but that does not make a lot of difference sometimes.Who does the checking/monitoring by the way...Kennel club??/
I would not trust that scheme as in my experience,there are varying levels of care ,all covered by local councils and kennel club.Even most of the puppy farms,in Wales[ particularly......are granted licences ,even though conditions are sometimes dreadful for the poor dogs/puppies.
There are puppy farming outlets throughout the uk...with same issues.
I would trust home rearing establishments for puppies......but even then ....it can be a let down.

Thumper
15-Sep-09, 08:00
I must admit that I am not comfortable with allowing pets to be sold on cness either,it opens up a whole new area for people to put on animals that may or may not be bred correctly,there is also the chance that if the sales do well it would encourage people to breed just to "make a quick buck" and any reliable breeder knows there is little money to be made from breeding x

Julia
15-Sep-09, 08:21
I'm a tad confused, was bidding and had the highest bid but then the seller pulled the auction not long before it ended, most probably because my bid was not what they were hoping to sell for. In my experience unless there is a reserve price then you are obliged to sell to the highest bidder.

I then listed an item with a buy-it-now price of £19.99 but when I checked my listing last night the buy-it-now price was showing as £4.50, how on earth did that happen, needless to say I deleted my listing. :confused

Matthew
15-Sep-09, 14:00
I shall put the sale of pets/animals on hold for now.

I'm a tad confused, was bidding and had the highest bid but then the seller pulled the auction not long before it ended, most probably because my bid was not what they were hoping to sell for. In my experience unless there is a reserve price then you are obliged to sell to the highest bidder.

I then listed an item with a buy-it-now price of £19.99 but when I checked my listing last night the buy-it-now price was showing as £4.50, how on earth did that happen, needless to say I deleted my listing. :confused

@Julia,

I am working with a professional scripting company to help work out this issue. This issue has affected the site a few times now and we are quite close to sorting it out once and for all. I'm sorry that you have encountered this issue.

BINBOB
15-Sep-09, 16:42
Good decision ,Matthew...thank u for listening.