PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Show

Maximo
23-Aug-09, 15:43
The catwalk show being held as part of the Wedding Show in the Waterfront next month is no longer going to be put on by Indulgence Bridal, Dempster Street, Wick, it is now going to be put on by Simply Bliss Bridal Boutique,High Street, Wick. The new boutique is due to open two weeks after the event and the proprietor Beverley Cook is delighted to be involved with the show. The catwalk show will also see clothing from Blackstairs Highlandwear and Jacques Vert ladieswear among others.

Otherwise the show is still going ahead exactly as planned with over twenty local businesses all taking part, it is the perfect event for all brides to be!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!!

Thumper
23-Aug-09, 15:53
Its a shame that both businesses didnt get to provide dresses,that way everyone would have more choice x

Hibeechick
23-Aug-09, 16:38
I'd like to say a HUGE thank you to Beverley for coming to my rescue! The other shop pulled out just the other day leaving me without a dress supplier. Had a small panic attack as you couldnt really have a wedding show without wedding dresses and I didnt want to have to call it off with all the hard work everyone has been putting in!

Nothing to do with not having both businesses involved, just a case of not enough space for all and I had to start a waiting list.

Thumper
23-Aug-09, 17:17
I'd like to say a HUGE thank you to Beverley for coming to my rescue! The other shop pulled out just the other day leaving me without a dress supplier. Had a small panic attack as you couldnt really have a wedding show without wedding dresses and I didnt want to have to call it off with all the hard work everyone has been putting in!

Nothing to do with not having both businesses involved, just a case of not enough space for all and I had to start a waiting list.

Ooops sorry i didnt realise that one had pulled out :o Hope the event goes well for you all! x

ashaw1
23-Aug-09, 22:29
Just wanted to make it clear that the decision i made to pull out of the Wedding Show was a very difficult one and was made due to a major change in my personal circumstances and no other reason. Leaving the Wedding Show in the lurch was never an option and this was made clear at the time organisers were advised of the situation.

I'm sure the show will go on to become a great success and i sincerely hope that everyone involved has a great and very profitable evening!

MAGGIEJO
24-Aug-09, 16:35
May I congratulate Amanda for all the planning she has undertaken for the Wedding Show September 2nd. All things spring from an idea and this was always going to be an event to raise money for a local worthwhile cause such as Laurandy Day Care Centre and also raise the profile of what can be offered to brides to be on our own doorstep. We must all support our local economy. Thank you Amanda for thinking about Laurandy as your chosen charity.
As with all events needing organisation conflict can arise. However this is a community event involving local people for local people as well as raising funds for our day centre. Let us offer full support in a positive way to encourage success. May I thank the many businesses involved for their enthusiasm and committment and look forward to a great evening out.

Laurandy

Maximo
27-Aug-09, 15:25
The wedding show is now less than a week away! Tickets can be purchased from Amanda Florists,Wick, D.R Simpsons,Wick, and Jim Bews,Thurso. You can also pay at the door. Show starts at 7.30pm.

Tickets are £5 with a free drink on arrival and all money raised going to the Laurandy Centre.

We look forward to seeing you all there!

coreyjay
29-Aug-09, 02:10
Are children permitted to attend?

Hibeechick
29-Aug-09, 09:13
Everyone is welcome :)

elamanya
29-Aug-09, 13:23
Is it right that i you buy a ticket you get 1 free drink

Ash
29-Aug-09, 16:48
when does the new wedding shop open, went thru today to the one in dempester street and it was shut, absolutely gutted as was a few others who were wanting in a look

Katy
29-Aug-09, 18:06
You get 1 drink on arrival at the door. Not sure what kind of drink maybe Amanda could fill you in more?

New bridal shop should be open in a few weeks Ash, they will be at the wedding show & fayre though displaying some of there dresses.

Hope to see you all there

Katy xx

Ash
30-Aug-09, 10:16
does anyone have an email address or number for the woman who is opening soon, very important

Hibeechick
30-Aug-09, 14:34
Free drink woop :D lol. Not 100% sure what it is. Heading down in a wee while to set up tables and chairs. Will ask Cath when im there.

Ash, I will let Bev know you are looking to contact her and get her to pm you on here :)

Hibeechick
30-Aug-09, 16:02
So, how does a free glass of wine sound to everyone? White and red available. Apple and orange juice also available to those who don't drink alcohol :)

Dynamic Sounds
30-Aug-09, 22:29
So, how does a free glass of wine sound to everyone?

I hope it isn't just the one glass for everyone to share!!!! If it is can I have first sip? Please???

Hibeechick
31-Aug-09, 09:12
I hope it isn't just the one glass for everyone to share!!!! If it is can I have first sip? Please???

You might be lucky and ill let you have a jug of water :D Don't want you being tipsy now do we? lol

Katy
31-Aug-09, 09:19
You might be lucky and ill let you have a jug of water :D Don't want you being tipsy now do we? lol

Agree there plus he doesna need anything other than soft drinks ha ha!

Katy xx

Hibeechick
31-Aug-09, 13:00
Just a wee note to let you know that there will be raffles being sold and drawn on the night. There will also be Tea's and Coffee's sold too :)

Dynamic Sounds
01-Sep-09, 11:28
Agree there plus he doesna need anything other than soft drinks ha ha!

Katy xx

I will let you know that I only do drink soft drinks, but I make them last longer by diluting them with alcohol! Clever eh!

Anyhow some of us have to drive home afterwards, and no Katy I ain't giving you a lift back to this side of the county just so you can have a wee one.

Anyhow I better go and get ready for the rehersal tonight.

G

Hibeechick
02-Sep-09, 07:32
Everything is looking great! Had a great rehearsal last night. Some absoloutely stunning outfits and dresses going to be on show tonight! We have over 40 outfits going down the catwalk tonight. Definitely a show not to be missed!

See you all there :D x

Katy
02-Sep-09, 11:49
It will be a great night, hope to see everyone there. Even people going to a wedding and looking for outfit ideas or accessories will benefit from tonight.
Some gorgeous dresses going onto the catwalk :D
Katy xx

Margaret M.
02-Sep-09, 13:45
I have developed an allergy to wedding dresses but shows like this are a lot of fun even if one is not in the market for wedding gear. It's great entertainment just to see what is in style, etc. I hope it is a huge success and it raises lots of pounds for a good cause.

TanyaHorne
02-Sep-09, 21:15
Just spoke to someone from the show and said it was a great success. Not sure on exact amount made but an outstanding total and for a great cause!
Well done Manda and well done to everyone who helped make it a great night!!!

johndy
02-Sep-09, 21:53
Well Done Amanda, what a great show and a fantastic amount of money for the Laurandy Centre :)

John Baikie
02-Sep-09, 22:59
Yes well done Amanda - great effort, and hopefully you can relax now. Hope you're enjoying a drink tonight after all the hard work. :D

elamanya
02-Sep-09, 23:00
Just back from the wedding show , what a great night, it was brill to see all the young talent on show from the models on the catwalk to all the the people who had something to offer for your special day. From, make up , hair, dresses, kilts, suits. cakes , flowers, catering , photographers, planning events, piper, lingerie,cars, hen night and stag night t shirts, discos , you name it they had it, any thing that you could wish for was there to see, and apart from that they raised a fantastic amount for charity... well done everyone

Hibeechick
02-Sep-09, 23:56
I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who came along tonight. Not just the amazing amount of people who came to see, but also the 23 exhibitors and off course not forgetting the models. Everyone looked amazing! Not got the final figure just yet but we know that we have passed the £1k mark! An outstanding amount. I wish i was having a drink but im sitting soaking my feet. They are in agony lol. Again thanks to all who made tonight a success xxx

crayola
03-Sep-09, 00:33
I empathise Hibeechick. I remember those godforsaken evenings of total exhaustion with my feet wrapped in a wet towel on the coffee table, a wet towel on my head and a large gin or voddie each hand. How I ever managed to force my poor defenceless feet into yet another pair of torturous stilts the next morning I will never know. :confused

I'm so pleased the evening went well. :)

Katy
03-Sep-09, 07:41
What a great night it was! Well done Amanda you deserve a big dram this weekend!

Everyone looked like they had a great night and the outfits on the catwalk were gorgeous!

Well done again chick

Katy xx

shamrock2007
03-Sep-09, 09:50
Well done Amanda it was a fab night, I feel as a new business that it really helped me get my name out there. Great night :)

Thumper
03-Sep-09, 14:03
So glad it went well for you all!Gutted I missed it but maybe next time! x

katarina
03-Sep-09, 14:08
It was a lovely night. Well done everyone. I hope you make it a yearly event!

Hibeechick
03-Sep-09, 14:38
I hope you make it a yearly event!

*Falls off chair*

haha. Well seeing as last night was such a success it definitely makes it worth thinking about ;)

Maximo
03-Sep-09, 14:47
What a fantastic night was had by all! The show was a huge success and I must say all my models looked gorgeous in their bridal, bridesmaid and flower girl dresses! A fantastic amount was made for the Laurandy Centre so what more could one ask for. Hope everyone enjoyed the show and the fayre!

Beverley
Simply Bliss Bridal

Hibeechick
03-Sep-09, 15:28
Have just spoken to Margaret at the Laurandy Centre and we've tallied everything up. Last night we raised £1045 for the Laurandy centre. Big well done to all! :D x

lelebo
03-Sep-09, 16:42
Congratulations - I didn't make it along last night but have heard really good things about the show and what a fantastic amount to raise for Laurandy :)

Bobinovich
03-Sep-09, 17:40
Superb! Send yourself some flowers for your brilliant work HC :lol:

miranda
03-Sep-09, 18:16
Well done Amanda, a great night was had , models all looked gorgeous, you done a fantastic job.

A very big thank you for all your hard work and money raised from us all at the Laurandy Centre.

Would also like to mention , for all the up and coming brides..the exhibits were great,its amazing what is actually available to you right on your doorstep!!!! amazing.

well done Amanda , big thank you from us all:Razz