PDA

View Full Version : Scottish TV up to it again.

Loch not Lock
23-Aug-09, 15:07
Tonight STV viewers are treated to a 19 year old film at 9pm whilst the rest of the UK is showing Gunrush, a brand new one-off thriller starring the great character actor, Timothy Spall. Obviously ITV have had to pay a lot of money for the making of this play so why not show it in all regions. It makes no sense, especially as they are in financial trouble.[disgust]
If you have Sky you can tune in on channel 993.

Rheghead
23-Aug-09, 15:21
Who governs STV programming?:confused

From wikipedia

Retaining identity

STV, together with its counterpart UTV in Northern Ireland, has resisted adopting the generic ITV1 branding that is now commonplace throughout the ITV plc regions in the southern Scottish borders, England and Wales and the Channel Islands, although it has now adopted a single Scottish identity for both its franchises. The only mention of the ITV1 brand on Channel 3 in the STV regions occur during GMTV, which operates as a separate channel.

It's the price to pay for wanting a broadcaster that is indendent

Amy-Winehouse
23-Aug-09, 15:29

Probably Glasgow city Council, they ruin everything they touch:eek:

badger
23-Aug-09, 18:13
Am really cross about this as don't have any way of watching the Spall drama. Think it's time we all wrote and complained otherwise this will keep happening.

Loch not Lock
23-Aug-09, 19:07
Am really cross about this as don't have any way of watching the Spall drama. Think it's time we all wrote and complained otherwise this will keep happening.
Here! Here! Badger.

The Oracle
23-Aug-09, 19:16
Tonight STV viewers are treated to a 19 year old film at 9pm whilst the rest of the UK is showing Gunrush, a brand new one-off thriller starring the great character actor, Timothy Spall. Obviously ITV have had to pay a lot of money for the making of this play so why not show it in all regions. It makes no sense, especially as they are in financial trouble.[disgust]

Its also available on FreeSat Channel 977

Aaldtimer
23-Aug-09, 19:24
Badger and LnL, you might be able to view it on your computer if you have broadband..... http://www.itv.com/ITVPlayer/?intcmp=NAV_ITVPLAYE2 :)

porshiepoo
23-Aug-09, 19:33

Not again!!!

Loch not Lock
23-Aug-09, 20:08
If you wish I can record it for you, Badger. Let me know if you want it on DVD or VHS.

redeyedtreefrog
23-Aug-09, 20:40
Someone should petition ITV for a proper ITV Scotland channel

badger
23-Aug-09, 21:45
If you wish I can record it for you, Badger. Let me know if you want it on DVD or VHS.

How kind - saw this too late sadly. I still have VHS as decided not to bother with DVD as hope to get a better box I can record on one day. Thanks v. much for the offer though.

btw - I fired off a rude email to STV tonight. Wonder if anyone will reply?

Aaldtimer - I couldn't possibly just sit in front of my computer for a whole play as I'm usually doing something else when watching. I suppose if I had a laptop and put it in the kitchen ..... but I don't so that's that. Oh well, back to the sink :( .

Mik.M.
23-Aug-09, 21:51
You will probably get a standard reply that will be of no use or they will just ignore it being as they are the mighty STV and we(the paying,viewing public)are just the little people.

Aaldtimer
23-Aug-09, 21:51
How kind - saw this too late sadly. I still have VHS as decided not to bother with DVD as hope to get a better box I can record on one day. Thanks v. much for the offer though.

Aaldtimer - I couldn't possibly just sit in front of my computer for a whole play as I'm usually doing something else when watching. I suppose if I had a laptop and put it in the kitchen ..... but I don't so that's that. Oh well, back to the sink :( .

Ah, but if it's anything like the Beeb's, you can download the prog and watch it at your leisure, and a wee bit at a time, over coffee, whenever you've got a few moment's to spare. :)

Anne x
23-Aug-09, 21:55
I all ready wrote re the Kingdom disaster allegedelly stv have no money to purchase any top drama series now or in the the near future
I cannot comprehend this they pay good money to all the nonsense they show every week and pay so called scottish celebs for utter tripe

think it is gonna get worse afore its better

btw tutti fruiti out on dvd robbie coltrane emma thompson and pals ace series

redeyedtreefrog
23-Aug-09, 21:56
Ah, but if it's anything like the Beeb's, you can download the prog and watch it at your leisure, and a wee bit at a time, over coffee, whenever you've got a few moment's to spare. :)

It's nothing like the iPlayer, I don't think there's a download option. Itv probably can't afford it. And only a select few programs are on it, i once tried to watch Pushing Daisies but ITV had decided that a program from their prime-time Saturday night slot wasn't quite good enough to go online.

Fly
23-Aug-09, 23:02
Apparently they are short of money and can't afford to buy from ITV as well as making new Scottish programmes, but if the rest are anything like the ones they have come up with so far, they will not be worth watching.[disgust]

Kodiak
23-Aug-09, 23:07
It seems that STV do Not Care one JOT about their Customers, Customers being their Viewers.

So I suggest you all do what I do, Do Not watch STV. I now watch ITV London on Channel 993 on my SKY Box. That way I get to watch all the programmes that I want to watch and not what STV say I should watch.

Oh and I did watch Gunrush on ITV London and it was an excellent Programme, good script and the acting was superb.

davlaurjen
23-Aug-09, 23:54
Probably Glasgow city Council, they ruin everything they touch:eek:
Did they touch you?

theone
24-Aug-09, 11:01

It's the price to pay for wanting a broadcaster that is indendent

That's the nail hit on the head.

If we admitted we're a wee fish in a big pond people would see things differently.

Turquoise
24-Aug-09, 11:14
As I believe, STV are £22 million in debt to ITV and therefore cannot afford to purchase new programmes.

Amy-Winehouse
24-Aug-09, 12:15
Did they touch you?

Nope, thankfully not. thankyou very much

Mik.M.
24-Aug-09, 16:14
I`ve just finished watching Gunrush,thank god for Sky. Those of you who could not see it due to STV`s programming did miss a truly gripping drama. Hopefully STV will show it soon.

badger
25-Aug-09, 11:44
As predicted, I have just received usual "standard" response:

Thank you for contacting STV.
I have recorded your comments and, in addition, your comments shall be included in a report that is viewed by our senior management.
We thank you for taking the time to get in touch; viewer feedback of any kind is always welcome here at STV.
Kind Regards,

Maybe if they get enough feedback they'll get the message, unless they really are too broke, so here's the address yourview@stv.tv (yourview@stv.tv) .

Leanne
25-Aug-09, 11:52
Someone should petition ITV for a proper ITV Scotland channel

Eh? Isn't that what STV is? It isn't ITV's fault that STV show tripe... One of the problems if independence is you can't have it both ways ;)

tonkatojo
25-Aug-09, 13:47
Eh? Isn't that what STV is? It isn't ITV's fault that STV show tripe... One of the problems if independence is you can't have it both ways ;)

As we might well find out soon. :(