PDA

View Full Version : breastfeeding an 8yr old!!

unicorn
29-Mar-06, 13:43
I just came across this article and wondered if I was the only one who found this shocking. Mine stopped feeding at 8 months this woman is feeding her 8 year old!!
http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/viewarticle.aspx?id=328277

krieve
29-Mar-06, 13:48
There was a program on the tv not that long ago about it. I think some of the kids might have been a bit older than 8 but i can't remember. I personally found it shocking .

Saveman
29-Mar-06, 13:50
NO! Please...I'm trying to have my lunch here!
:eek:

unicorn
29-Mar-06, 13:51
All I can think is yuck yuck yuck!!! I am glad I never saw the program I am shocked enough by the article.

ice box
29-Mar-06, 13:53
I just came across this article and wondered if I was the only one who found this shocking. Mine stopped feeding at 8 months this woman is feeding her 8 year old!!
You would think a eight years old they would just go to the shop and buy some milk yuk :confused.

unicorn
29-Mar-06, 14:01
it's where she says "I try to be discreet, but we have had some odd looks. People tend to be disgusted and disbelieving" noooooooooooooooo this should go on the are we being visited by aliens thread!!!

Karen M26a
29-Mar-06, 14:05
I watched that program about extraordinary breast feeding and I was shocked. I fed my own babe for 11 months until she decided then she didn't need it anymore.

However, the 8 year old featured on the tv programme made me laugh when she said she was going to feed off her mother until she had grown her own boobs and she was able to feed herself! I nearly fell off the chair laughing!

2little2late
29-Mar-06, 14:08
Suppose they could all audition for Little Britain if there were to be a new series.
:lol: :lol:

George Brims
29-Mar-06, 21:08
I don't know how far behind you are with "Desperate Housewives" in the UK, but the latest episode in the US features a new employee at Lynette's firm who breast-feeds her five year old at work. The reactions of the people around her are pretty funny.

zebedy
29-Mar-06, 21:21
Dude

>_<

EWWWWW

Julia
29-Mar-06, 22:14
She obviously can't be bothered cooking or maybe the world's droopiest boobs get in the way!

Bitty?

Gleber2
30-Mar-06, 02:01
Whats wrong wi mothers milk at any age? After all, most of you slurp coo and goats milk all your life and you think that's cool. Most animals are weaned as soon as possible and even cows stop drinking milk at an early age. Not us!!!!

sjwahwah
30-Mar-06, 02:28
haha... I was scrolling down.. reading... scrolling ... down then Gleber2's post... you took the words right out of my mouth.

landmarker
30-Mar-06, 18:55
I'd had enough of the stuff by the time I started school.

We got free cows milk there then anyway.

(I might be jesting)

golach
30-Mar-06, 19:14
Whats wrong wi mothers milk at any age? After all, most of you slurp coo and goats milk all your life and you think that's cool. Most animals are weaned as soon as possible and even cows stop drinking milk at an early age. Not us!!!!
I was a war baby.....not as lucky as ye lot, cod liver oil and National Dried Milk neither, and I dont drink milk, or put it in my coffee, splash a wee bit on my brose though

unicorn
30-Mar-06, 20:09
the only milk I take is in coffee.......

Gleber2
30-Mar-06, 20:33
I was a war baby.....not as lucky as ye lot, cod liver oil and National Dried Milk neither, and I dont drink milk, or put it in my coffee, splash a wee bit on my brose though

Ye show signs o' aalmost intelligence sometimes, ya poor war baby.:o)

sassylass
31-Mar-06, 02:01

This mother seems to have forgotten that her main parental role is to protect her daughters and encourage them to be independent. As children grow, it's a good thing to encourage them to walk on their own, become toilet trained, comfort themselves, feed themselves, entertain themselves, and learn to fit in with their peers.

My main objection with Mrs. Robinson nursing an 8 year old is that society views them as odd. She is making her children stand out as misfits, and I think life is hard enough on children without inviting ridicule.

While the purpose of mammary glands is to produce milk, many people in this day and age only view breasts in a sexual way. I believe it's wrong of this mother to advocate breastfeeding to such an extreme that her daughters are put in a vulnerable position.

JAWS
31-Mar-06, 03:42
I would suggest that the woman has severe psychological problems.
She is obviously satisfying some need she has rather than some requirement her children have!

JimH
31-Mar-06, 17:34
We fought wars for people to have the freedom to do what they want, as long as they accept responsibility for there actions.
If I think it will offend - then I won't look.

Gleber2
31-Mar-06, 18:16
We fought wars for people to have the freedom to do what they want, as long as they accept responsibility for there actions.
If I think it will offend - then I won't look.
Here speaks a wise man!!!!

luskentyre
01-Apr-06, 10:20

Absolutely. Most of us are happy to gulp down milk intended for the young of another species, but not human milk. Am I the only one who thinks that's odd?

emszxr
01-Apr-06, 13:33
i am all for breast. why do some people think it is so wrong to even feed a 2 year old, but that it is acceptable to stick a plastic dummy in their kids mouths. seen a kid, must have been 4 years with a dummy the other day. i would rather see a mum feeding her 4 year old than sticking a dummy in its mouth.