PDA

View Full Version : south school

jac1791
29-Mar-06, 13:03
I hear South School was broken into last night and a lot of damage has been done -- what kind of people does these things!!!

unicorn
29-Mar-06, 13:16
people who have never been taught respect in their miserable lives springs to mind!!

krieve
29-Mar-06, 13:40
My son came home at lunch time and told me[mad] It is pathetic who would want to break in to a school!! [evil][mad][disgust]

ice box
29-Mar-06, 13:50
Pretty sad eh wonder what will be done about it ... probably nothing as usal .

scorrie
29-Mar-06, 13:53
I hear South School was broken into last night and a lot of damage has been done -- what kind of people does these things!!!

The kind of people who have no respect because they have no fear of our punishment system. Our modern and "civilised" system means that they can look forward to warm cells, nutritious food, activities to keep them stimulated and as much drugs as they need. Wow, what an incentive not to commit crime.

Of course, these people only got to be what they are because their mammies and daddies shouted at them as kids and smacked their hand when they tried to strangle the cat. Poor creatures, we should be feeling sorry for them and spending more resources on trying to rehabilitate them. After all, one stray lamb recovered is more important than a whole flock who, boringly, behaved themselves.

unicorn
29-Mar-06, 14:06
I saw in the p&j that a new support unit is opening in Wick today for troubled high school students, so one school gets a break and another gets broken into!!!

saxovtr
29-Mar-06, 14:06
y do ppl sound suprised? its wick wake up and smell the coffee,no1 has control over these sad pathetic ppl,must be a cuple o break ins a week,not very good at all!! its even going on in watten now,needing a bobby bk out here to sort some fools out me's thinking!!!

another pointless act of vandalism,shudnt something be done rather than post it on a forum?

krieve
29-Mar-06, 14:19
y do ppl sound suprised? its wick wake up and smell the coffee,no1 has control over these sad pathetic ppl,must be a cuple o break ins a week,not very good at all!! its even going on in watten now,needing a bobby bk out here to sort some fools out me's thinking!!!

another pointless act of vandalism,shudnt something be done rather than post it on a forum?
What exactly do you suggest saxovtr ?

angela5
29-Mar-06, 14:22
I heard they stole the dvd players from the mask club[mad]

ice box
29-Mar-06, 14:29
Does'nt the school have cctv ? if not i think it's about time .

scorrie
29-Mar-06, 14:36
Does'nt the school have cctv ? if not i think it's about time .

Oh yes, let's spend more money on anything bar actual education. CCTV etc is missing the point that these people do not fear getting caught. Our system has nothing to dissuade them from committing crime. Until we toughen ourselves up and accept that we cannot live the utopian dream we will continue to see our pathetic efforts at punishment treated with the contempt it deserves.

weefee
29-Mar-06, 15:39
more than likely a drug related crime, its a shame on the bairns, but until the drug problem is tackled this type of thing will continue,

regarding the comments surrounding cctv, this all kicked off after Dunblane and i was really surprised that until recently i could walk into Miller Academy quite freely without being questioned, this has now been resolved with their new security system, and while it doens't solve the problem of break ins it does give a certain amount of security.

when i worked at Queen Margaret University it was a regular occurrance that hard drives would be removed from computers, mice went missing, memory taken and this was just by the students that attended......and we had cctv and security guards.

golach
29-Mar-06, 15:43
The kind of people who have no respect because they have no fear of our punishment system. Our modern and "civilised" system means that they can look forward to warm cells, nutritious food, activities to keep them stimulated and as much drugs as they need. Wow, what an incentive not to commit crime.
Of course, these people only got to be what they are because their mammies and daddies shouted at them as kids and smacked their hand when they tried to strangle the cat. Poor creatures, we should be feeling sorry for them and spending more resources on trying to rehabilitate them. After all, one stray lamb recovered is more important than a whole flock who, boringly, behaved themselves.

Aye the kind who's doting parents say, "Dont you dare raise your voice at my bairn, or you will suffer" [disgust]

changilass
29-Mar-06, 16:18
Aye the kind who's doting parents say, "Dont you dare raise your voice at my bairn, or you will suffer" [disgust]
And the same ones on a previous thread that have said that if a teacher give their child the belt it would be the last thing they would do!!

Whitewater
29-Mar-06, 17:00
Always when I read a thread like this, an old saying springs to mind, "Spare the rod and spoil the child". How true it is, "Scorrrie" is correct, there is no deterent, they can't be touched even by their parents.

Human rights has gone too far.

KitKat
29-Mar-06, 17:57
If it is true that South was broken into it is so sad because it is a fantastic school where the Head Teacher and her staff work very hard to help bairns who sometimes don't have very much themselves. There are often wee souls there who come from poverty and I know staff and other parents have done a lot to help these families. It is a school doing well against the odds and it is shameful that some mindless morons have done this.

The trouble is, even if they are caught, nothing much will happen to them, particularly if they are under sixteen.

Unfortunately we can't take the law into our own hands as we will then be arrested for our crimes. All we can do is lobby hard our elected members, local and national for better policing, stiffer penalties etc but I fear we as a society have to go a long way down before we can begin the crawl back up.

Whitewater
29-Mar-06, 21:27
I have also heard that Wick High School was done as well, anybody heard any more about this.

pultneytooner
29-Mar-06, 21:39
If it is true that South was broken into it is so sad because it is a fantastic school where the Head Teacher and her staff work very hard to help bairns who sometimes don't have very much themselves. There are often wee souls there who come from poverty and I know staff and other parents have done a lot to help these families. It is a school doing well against the odds and it is shameful that some mindless morons have done this.
Nobody should be living in poverty, in wick or anywhere else in scotland.
Maybe if these parents spent the money on their families instead of only thinking about themselves or as some do, spend it down the pub or on drugs these kids could have quite a reasonable upbringing.
I feel sorry for the kids alright but the parents, well, I can't put into words the real contempt that I feel for such people.

ice box
29-Mar-06, 23:03

The trouble is, even if they are caught, nothing much will happen to them, particularly if they are under sixteen.

Unfortunately we can't take the law into our own hands as we will then be arrested for our crimes. All we can do is lobby hard our elected members, local and national for better policing, stiffer penalties etc but I fear we as a society have to go a long way down before we can begin the crawl back up.
Kitkat for a start my son goes to the south school and i can assure you that he does not come from poverty. And nor do the rest of the childern that attened the school. What give you the right to say that bairns fom the south school are poor and are from a poor back ground .

pultneytooner
29-Mar-06, 23:31
Some people seem to think that if kids don't have the latest designer gear, toys etc then they must be from a poverty stricken family when the opposite is true. The word poverty can be such a nasty word when used in a certain way.
Lots of kids don't have flashy clothes and suchlike but are very well looked after and loved by their parents and that is all that counts.
Like I said nobody should be living in poverty unless it's the parents doing.

nancypotter45
29-Mar-06, 23:53
Kitkat for a start my son goes to the south school and i can assure you that he does not come from poverty. And nor do the rest of the childern that attened the school. What give you the right to say that bairns fom the south school are poor and are from a poor back ground .

Well said. I went to South School (many years ago) and both my children have gone/go there and it is not any worse than any other school in Wick and I personally wouldn't say that it suffers from poverty? If there is any poverty I agree that it their parents doing - nothing to do with the school!!

krieve
30-Mar-06, 00:08
My boy also goes to the south school and he is loved and cared for and knows right from wrong never gets into trouble at school. He works hard and wants to do well. I would also agree that its the parents doing if they can't be bother to go out and make a better life for themselfs and there kids.

ice box
30-Mar-06, 00:21
I also went to the south school and i cant see it being against the odds when was it ever against the odds. The school has a good reputation. and i have one kid at it just now and will be sending my other child when it's his time comes .

The Angel Of Death
30-Mar-06, 09:31
I went there as well as did my 2 brothers didn't do me or them any harm and when / if the time comes I will be sending my little nippers there as well

Mrs Henderson wow she could be a wild wiffie when she got going I remember getting into some scrapes with her and thinking I was going to get well murdered :D lol

Those were the days when kids actually respected teachers and thought about the consequences it was sometimes deterrent enough thinking about the possible roasting you would be getting if caught

obiron
30-Mar-06, 11:28
i went to south school too seems a few of us did. my kids go there now and they love it there.
angel of death i mind mrs henderson well. great head teacher. met her a lot after school days were done and still used to call her mrs henderson. one day she told me that as i was grown up, married and have kids i could call her margaret. man it felt odd to do that.

The Angel Of Death
30-Mar-06, 12:03
yea i know the feeling its right wierd calling a teacher by a first name
you spend years calling them Mr X or Mrs X just doesnt feel right does it

golach
30-Mar-06, 14:45
I
Those were the days when kids actually respected teachers and thought about the consequences it was sometimes deterrent enough thinking about the possible roasting you would be getting if caught

Can we bring back those days? I dont think so, too many, do gooders, too much political correctness, and pinko liberals. Discipline is what is needed, then respect can be learned, put those two together and maybe just maybe the world would be a better place.

weefee
30-Mar-06, 15:32
spare the rod spoil the child? discipline is needed..... but there is a difference between discipline and corporal punishment, it is illeagal to smack a child under 3 and they wouldnt understand why they were being physically attacked, smacking and hitting children gives the impression that if you do something wrong it is ok to hit someone....especially if they are smaller than you.....older children need to face up to the consequences of what they did as wrong.....

i doubt there are very many people that have never done anything illegal, its very easy to judge people and easy to sit and moan (this bugs me as much as people who don't vote then complain about the government) - i dont' condone what happened at the school, its terrible but i feel sorry for the police as its the out of date court system that is the problem. Removing problem people (i'm not talking about serial killers here - different problem) from society and letting them sit about all day watching sky tv and playing pool does not make people realise the consequence of their actions.

We live in small communities so we know the people that commit these crimes, we know those who are dealing the drugs (maybe not personally but we still know) we know those who drag thier kids from house to house while totally pissed, and its not very often anyone does anything...except sit and moan and judge.....

In Stirling, Big Mags Hainey was forced to move from the area as the community picketted her house, a community taking action against a known drug dealer. Maybe a name and shame approach is what is needed.

nancypotter45
30-Mar-06, 16:19
spare the rod spoil the child? discipline is needed..... but there is a difference between discipline and corporal punishment, it is illeagal to smack a child under 3 and they wouldnt understand why they were being physically attacked, smacking and hitting children gives the impression that if you do something wrong it is ok to hit someone....especially if they are smaller than you.....older children need to face up to the consequences of what they did as wrong.....

i doubt there are very many people that have never done anything illegal, its very easy to judge people and easy to sit and moan (this bugs me as much as people who don't vote then complain about the government) - i dont' condone what happened at the school, its terrible but i feel sorry for the police as its the out of date court system that is the problem. Removing problem people (i'm not talking about serial killers here - different problem) from society and letting them sit about all day watching sky tv and playing pool does not make people realise the consequence of their actions.

We live in small communities so we know the people that commit these crimes, we know those who are dealing the drugs (maybe not personally but we still know) we know those who drag thier kids from house to house while totally pissed, and its not very often anyone does anything...except sit and moan and judge.....

In Stirling, Big Mags Hainey was forced to move from the area as the community picketted her house, a community taking action against a known drug dealer. Maybe a name and shame approach is what is needed.

weefee I think there is a BIG difference in everyone doing something they shouldn't have done at some time to what happened at South School. No one is judging anyone but right is right and wrong is wrong (especially when it is something serious) and their is no excuse. I think the people responsible for this will be a little older than 3 years old!

I do agree that the police face a difficult job and the court system lets joe public down a lot of the time, most of these crimes are committed by the same hardcore or children under 16 who know that nothing much will happen to them. It is a small community and everyone does know what/who is going on but again police/courts won't/can't do anything without evidence.

weefee
30-Mar-06, 20:40
hi nancy, i agree there is a big difference and what happened at the school can't be condoned and who ever did it will get off with a slap on the wrists, which is no justice, i was more annoyed at the posts implying that if they had been smacked or physically punished then it wouldn;t have happened,

it seems a lot is concentrated on what is bad in wick rather than what is good, there are often threads on this board relating to what is bad in wick, the recent break-ins etc...there are problems with drugs, especially herion which destorys communities, the links with herion addiction and crime are well known. It is a sad state of affairs when the tourist office is closed down to make the alcohol and drug advisory centre - i mentioned the people of stirling and while it may have been a bit drastic, they thought enough was enough but until people start talking about the problem and trying a figure a way they can help stop it then it isn't going to go away and break ins will become a more common occurance.

Hopefully i will soon be able to read about all the positive things in wick, can't wait for tescos, the new family centre, the new marina....fingers crossed its not another break in.....