PDA

View Full Version : connection problem

thickrodney
21-Aug-09, 21:00
i have had no internet for the last 4 hours, i am with virgin and my mobile had no connection, i am with o2.

it is ok now.

anyone else?

btw i am in burnside area of thurso.

Dynamic Sounds
21-Aug-09, 21:03
As for as I know the whole, or at least the best part of Thurso was without Broadband since about 3pm. I called BT and they said they were working on it, and it seems to be fixed now.

Brodar
I have no problems with the internet but have had no phone signal since 3pm. I am will O2.

Bobinovich
The Thurso and Wick areas were out so I think pretty much everyone was affected.

hails4
21-Aug-09, 21:05
Does anyone know why it was out??

rfr10
21-Aug-09, 21:08
From BT support:

ReportedDetailsStatus21 August 2009
03:00 PM
Problem in the Thurso and Wick areas
We are aware of a problem in the Thurso and Wick areas, which may prevent customers from accessing the internet. Our engineers are working to resolve the problem. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Dialling code(s) affected: 01847 01955

Gizmo
21-Aug-09, 21:08
There was a broadband outage that affected Wick, Thurso, Nethybridge, and one other place that i can't remember.

weeksider
21-Aug-09, 21:12
Been down too since about 2 pm with 02
OK Now
Catch up time

Mr P Cannop
21-Aug-09, 21:19
Does anyone know why it was out??

cable broken at lybster

redeyedtreefrog
21-Aug-09, 21:23
Exchange down I heard

Matthew
21-Aug-09, 21:28
No problems with the internet here. I have noticed a low visitor rate on cness.co.uk today though! :S

thickrodney
21-Aug-09, 21:29
now i know,

thanks.

over-the-ord
21-Aug-09, 21:34
so thats why argos was sold out of all the cheaper routers tonight!!:lol:[lol] every one thought it was there connection

ShelleyCowie
21-Aug-09, 21:58
My OH has been monitoring it from work for me. Outage reason was -

Fibre re-spliced in Latheron monitoring for 3 hours for stability

Undine
21-Aug-09, 22:00
It goes to show doesn't it, how lost we feel with out our mobiles and broadband

rfr10
21-Aug-09, 22:02
so thats why argos was sold out of all the cheaper routers tonight!!:lol:[lol] every one thought it was there connection

Well I just spent the whole morning changing many of the settings on my computer to make it run more efficiently and then in the afternoon, the internet wasn't working so I though it was the fact that I changed the settings to I did a system restore to undo the changes I made and it still didn't work so I restored the computer further back but still no luck! Then, when I was told that I wasn't the only one with the problem, I tried to undo the restore but for some reason it failed to undo the restore so I had to change all the settings again!

My friend was one of those who was convinced that his router was the problem. My wireless stopped working a while back now and I've tried everything to fix it but absolutely no luck at all.. Wonder if it was my wireless router or a problem with the line.. who knows.

Apparently Scottish Water had no work today because they are installing new computers for their work to be displayed on and since the internet wasn't working, they couldn't get their work displayed!

balto
21-Aug-09, 22:36
big it up for aol. i didnt have any problems lol. and im in thurso

octane
21-Aug-09, 22:41
Freephone bt update line no 08001690199. Last message report was at 9pm in which it mentions having probs on codes 01955,01874, 01770

balto
21-Aug-09, 22:46
i know my mum is with o2 broadband and they were of this afternoon in the wick area, not sure if they are back on yet though.

octane
21-Aug-09, 22:49
Its Bt im with and no internet connection at the moment big thanks to an unsecured wireless network for allowing me to still get on :D

DRM
21-Aug-09, 22:49
Computers were working today at Scottish Water - Sorry---

Kevin Milkins
22-Aug-09, 11:13
I have only just got back on and my broadband light has been flashing orange since my son went back home south yesterday morning.:eek:

I was convinced he had changed the settings on my pooter as he was playing with his iphone thingy.:mad:

I spent half an hour on the phone to Anne in Newcastle this morning and she informed me it was a fault yesterday and got me up and running again.:Razz

tonkatojo
22-Aug-09, 12:20

Nor me I am with Avanti/satelite. :lol:

Shabbychic
22-Aug-09, 13:32

You're lucky. I'm with AOL and I was out from about 3pm. Don't know how long for as I gave up after about an hour. I'm in Mey and use the Barrock exchange. :)

badger
22-Aug-09, 14:47
Freephone bt update line no 08001690199. Last message report was at 9pm in which it mentions having probs on codes 01955,01874, 01770

I listened to this as well and noticed they couldn't even get Thurso's code right. It wasn't on this message initially so I phoned India and they knew there was a problem.

What I love about that recorded message is that it suggests going on their website if you have any further questions. Excuse me? I can't get on the Internet - that's why I'm phoning :roll: .

Metalattakk
22-Aug-09, 16:18
http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/mso.php

That link had news of the failure at 1430hrs yesterday, more than 30 minutes before BT's own site, and was updated regularly throughout the day.

Doesn't really help people affected though. :(

unicorn
23-Aug-09, 10:08
ok been away since friday pm. My new laptop will work cabled to modem now but loses signal otherwise? any ideas? It was fine before.

gollach
23-Aug-09, 11:51
What I love about that recorded message is that it suggests going on their website if you have any further questions. Excuse me? I can't get on the Internet - that's why I'm phoning :roll: .

Was thinking the same thing as I listened to their message! :lol: