PDA

View Full Version : Irritating word?

Loch not Lock
21-Aug-09, 09:10
What word irritates you most? I find "awesome" gives me the eeby geebys especially when it is so much over used.:mad:

crayola
21-Aug-09, 09:12
Awesome thread LnL! :D

Loch not Lock
21-Aug-09, 09:19
Awesome thread LnL! :D
That is cruel, Crayola.:~(

Alice in Blunderland
21-Aug-09, 10:04
Cool has got to be the most irritating for me as its every second word that falls from the kids mouths. :cool:

I have threatened to buy them a dictionary but I dont think this will change their ways. :lol:

Oh and I know its kk but I cant get my head round that either. :roll:

golach
21-Aug-09, 10:06
Cool has got to be the most irritating for me as its every second word that falls from the kids mouths.

I have threatened to buy them a dictionary but I dont think this will change their ways.

Oh and I know its kk but I cant get my head round that either.

Your really Kool Alice [lol]

Tugmistress
21-Aug-09, 10:08
i hate it when neep uses the word 'jamp' - i'm guessing it's a caithness version of 'jumped'

Phoebus_Apollo
21-Aug-09, 10:25
Not so much a word - but the phrase "big time!" after every freakin sentence.

Metalattakk
21-Aug-09, 10:26
I've no idea where the kids are getting 'jamp' from. It certainly wasn't used in my youth.

My daughter used 'jamp' for a while. I would stop her every time, mid-sentence and say "What? What did you say? That's not even a real word!"

"It means 'jumped', Dad...:roll:"

"Then use 'jumped' then. At least it exists."

She soon stopped using it. [lol]

Tugmistress
21-Aug-09, 10:31
I've no idea where the kids are getting 'jamp' from. It certainly wasn't used in my youth.

My daughter used 'jamp' for a while. I would stop her every time, mid-sentence and say "What? What did you say? That's not even a real word!"

"It means 'jumped', Dad...:roll:"

She soon stopped using it. [lol]

haha i tried that, 3 years on and she still uses the flipping word! i give up now :roll:

young_fishin_neep
21-Aug-09, 10:43
aye, jamp sounds more real to me than jumped! to me jumped sounds stupid!

i cant really think of a word that irritates me. :D

xx

Venture
21-Aug-09, 11:03
Mine has to be "Whatever", particularly when delivered by any teenager with attitude. Although I have a funny feeling first place might be overtaken soon by "simples".[lol]

northener
21-Aug-09, 11:04
"OOOOOOHHHHHMMMMyyyyGod!"

"That's just SO...."

" I SO do not"

and awesome[disgust].......'Awesome' is not a music video. It is not a new spoiler on a car. It is not a new dress. It is not a mountain bike. And it is not an attractive member of the opposite sex.

'Awesome' is watching a pyroclastic flow coming thundering down the side of a volcano. 'Awesome' is being witness to a huge bombardment of an area by planes or artillery and wondering how anyone can possibly survive. 'Awseome' is being caught in a huge storm at sea and wondering if you'll ever live to see the dawn again. 'Awesome' is standing on top of a mountain and seeing what appears to be the whole world laid out in front of you.

That is 'awesome'.

Simples.

young_fishin_neep
21-Aug-09, 11:17
i love the word awesome, but is that cuz im a teenager?

simples! that one dus drive me mad lol

xx

Kevin Milkins
21-Aug-09, 11:42
Cool has got to be the most irritating for me as its every second word that falls from the kids mouths. :cool:

I have threatened to buy them a dictionary but I dont think this will change their ways. :lol:

Oh and I know its kk but I cant get my head round that either. :roll:

I thought the word "cool" was no longer cool.

I have had my three granchildren up for the week and the word Grancha,Grancha,Grancha, has worn me down a bit.

balto
21-Aug-09, 12:18
the word that really really bugs me is lottie, just writing this ois annoying me, my oh mother uses when asking say for a drink of something she will say i will have a lottie, grr.

Kenn
21-Aug-09, 12:42
Not one word but many that annoy me.
Actually interspersed at random into sentences or used as a stop gap.
Awful and awesome, rarely used in the correct context.
Negative profit instead of loss.
Nice, sprayed about like water from a hose!
Ongoing. What happened to continuing?
Operative instead of worker.

I could go on but will desist as the list would take up several pages.

David Banks
21-Aug-09, 13:08
Coming from some years ago, there is:
: synergy
: going forward
: access (information, a programme, etc.) i.e.: one does NOT 'access' information, one obtains access to information

I should have got over them by now, but they still grate. Grrrrrrr!

Oh yes, programme NOT program!

Aerodrome NOT airport (as in Wick).

Aeroplane NOT airplane.

STOP !

The Pepsi Challenge
21-Aug-09, 13:13
........"ih?"

Ojibwa
21-Aug-09, 14:10
This is funny. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKUwDY0Fm68

rich
21-Aug-09, 14:25
GUTTED.
or COMPLETELY GUTTED
(is anyone ever PARTIALLY GUTTED?)
GUTTED IS WHAT USED TO HAPPEN TO DEAD FISH AT SCRABSTER. NOW IT'S HOW YOU FFEL WHEN YOU GET TURFED OFF SOME STUPID REALITY SHOW.

Alice in Blunderland
21-Aug-09, 16:17
Your really Kool Alice [lol]

OOOOohhh my God, Thats just SO nice gee thanks Golach nice to know Im kool. I think your simply awesome.

Simples I think your such a nice bloke and Im Gutted you live so far away or Id buy you a pint. ;) :Razz

Sporran
21-Aug-09, 17:10
I find "Sweeeet!" irritating, when a person uses it if they are pleased about something, instead of saying "Good!" or "Great!". I don't know if it's used in that context in the UK or not, but it's been quite popular in the US for about three years or so, mostly with young people. It sounds even worse, in my opinion, when a middle aged person says it!

Anne x
21-Aug-09, 18:03
Okay Doll !! I am not a doll or made of china , plastic or rags and
"Oh My " just after you make a statement that perhaps you have put thought into and they do not like it :(

Rheghead
21-Aug-09, 18:44
'Tax' irritates me, it is short and sharp like a nasty stab in the back.:Razz

joxville
21-Aug-09, 20:25

"It means 'jumped', Dad..."

She soon stopped using it.

I have the same problem with my son. I thought it was just him so am glad to know it must be a Caithness thing. I've given up correcting him.

"OOOOOOHHHHHMMMMyyyyGod!"

"That's just SO...."

" I SO do not"

and awesome[disgust].......'Awesome' is not a music video. It is not a new spoiler on a car. It is not a new dress. It is not a mountain bike. And it is not an attractive member of the opposite sex.

'Awesome' is watching a pyroclastic flow coming thundering down the side of a volcano. 'Awesome' is being witness to a huge bombardment of an area by planes or artillery and wondering how anyone can possibly survive. 'Awseome' is being caught in a huge storm at sea and wondering if you'll ever live to see the dawn again. 'Awesome' is standing on top of a mountain and seeing what appears to be the whole world laid out in front of you.

That is 'awesome'.

Simples.
I think it's awesome if I can read your posts before I fall asl......zzzzzzzzzz

[lol]

redeyedtreefrog
21-Aug-09, 21:28
I dont know why, but I hate the word "organised".

grumpy1
21-Aug-09, 22:01
for me the most annoying word has got be NO!
i get that one thrown at me a lot....[disgust]

balto
21-Aug-09, 22:38
for me the most annoying word has got be NO!
i get that one thrown at me a lot....[disgust]
must admit, as i told a certain male the other night i dont like being told no.

Aaldtimer
22-Aug-09, 02:57
My pet hate..."Should of" instead of "Should have"...[evil]

Loch not Lock
22-Aug-09, 09:34
I hate us pronounced as uzz. Also any words that are written on one's clothes, especially on baseball caps. I wonder where that chappie in his forties with said cap and trainers is going to play his baseball match. The only item of clothing that I recommend writing on is socks. Why, you say? To make the boring job of pairing them up less tedious.

veekay
22-Aug-09, 11:06
GRRRR. so may of the above plus amacher not amateur and connectivity what is that all about? oh yes and that American, car advertisment about a black car 'we have no r' bet that drives the French mad too.

northener
22-Aug-09, 20:32
"Kerching" or even "Kerchung"....Phill just said it on another thread!

Bloody annoying, innit? Like.

crayola
23-Aug-09, 00:19
Disliking 'like'........

I was like 'I wanted him to ask me out but he didn't' and she was like 'Yeeuuccch, you can not be serious, he's gross!' and I was like 'he's cute' and she was like 'yeah, like yer little brother is cute' and I was like 'I saw you with Jamesy McAcne at Skins last night' and she was like......

Alan16
23-Aug-09, 01:20
Disliking 'like'........

I was like 'I wanted him to ask me out but he didn't' and she was like 'Yeeuuccch, you can not be serious, he's gross!' and I was like 'he's cute' and she was like 'yeah, like yer little brother is cute' and I was like 'I saw you with Jamesy McAcne at Skins last night' and she was like......

This seems like a time to use perhaps the most annoying word/phrase ever...

LOL!!!!!111!!1!!!

I get so annoyed by people who use that on computers, and am even more annoyed by people who actually say it. Urgh...

Bazeye
23-Aug-09, 01:30
This seems like a time to use perhaps the most annoying word/phrase ever...

LOL!!!!!111!!1!!!

I get so annoyed by people who use that on computers, and am even more annoyed by people who actually say it. Urgh...

Yeah, yeah Whatever.;)

Alan16
23-Aug-09, 01:31
Yeah, yeah Whatever.;)

That's like so not funny lol.

Urgh, why am I getting drawn into this?!

teddybear1873
23-Aug-09, 06:35
"Alright cull" Hated that. Was used alot when I was in high school. Not sure if youngsters still say that or not.

Alan16
23-Aug-09, 13:09
"Alright cull" Hated that. Was used alot when I was in high school. Not sure if youngsters still say that or not.

Sadly they do.

Bazeye
23-Aug-09, 15:19
Whats a cull? :confused

Venture
23-Aug-09, 15:32
Nearly forgot on "yous".[disgust]