PDA

View Full Version : Reputation

crayola
21-Aug-09, 09:02
Reputation comments are weird. I sometimes get positive reputation from people I least expect or for posts I'm not proud of, whereas my most carefully crafted posts are often ignored. Does this happen to anyone else?

I've received very little reputation recently, is it because I'm thinking too hard? :confused

porshiepoo
21-Aug-09, 09:32
Reputation comments are weird. I sometimes get positive reputation from people I least expect or for posts I'm not proud of, whereas my most carefully crafted posts are often ignored. Does this happen to anyone else?

I've received very little reputation recently, is it because I'm thinking too hard? :confused

Poor you! Well I just tried to give you some well deserved rep (good or bad, I ain't telling) but I can't. Seems I have to spread some around first but I've not repped you in ages so it may be a problem your end?

And no, it doesn't happen to me. I can usually tell what replies are going to get me bad rep and a snotty remark. lol

Fluff
21-Aug-09, 09:54
I find that too sometimes, dont worry. You for ages writing a carefully worded post and zilch. Then you get rep from something weird or unexpected.
I like it like that though.

Phoebus_Apollo
21-Aug-09, 10:27
Theres nothing better than a bad reputation:eek:

riggerboy
21-Aug-09, 11:17
Poor you! Well I just tried to give you some well deserved rep (good or bad, I ain't telling) but I can't. Seems I have to spread some around first but I've not repped you in ages so it may be a problem your end?

And no, it doesn't happen to me. I can usually tell what replies are going to get me bad rep and a snotty remark. lol

how do you give rep i cant find a button anywhere, oops ma trousers just fell doon lol

_Ju_
21-Aug-09, 11:42
Theres nothing better than a bad reputation:eek:

As long as it is deserved and lived up to. Rumoured bad reputations are just no fun.;)

balto
21-Aug-09, 12:15
i have only been bad rept 3 times, by 2 people who live together, thankfully the rest are all nice.

joxville
21-Aug-09, 20:29

It's probably because we are all sick of you and your polls. :eek:

[lol]

golach
21-Aug-09, 23:42

[lol]

Hear Hear......lol

annemarie482
22-Aug-09, 00:08
where can you see repuation?
still aint got the hang o this yet!:lol:

joxville
22-Aug-09, 00:22
where can you see repuation?
still aint got the hang o this yet!:lol:

Click on User CP at top left. To give good or bad rep click on the scales at top right of the post.

annemarie482
22-Aug-09, 00:34
cheers joxville,
phew....was all good! was expecting a slaggin :lol:

Mik.M.
22-Aug-09, 10:35
Hear Hear......lol
Hear,Hear,Hear! Mr G & Jox.

dragonfly
22-Aug-09, 10:57

[lol]

Hear Hear......lol

Hear,Hear,Hear! Mr G & Jox.

I'll probably get bad rep for this but hey!

Does Crayola not have the right to post whatever she wants on this forum?

Its your choice to read or not, and if you are fed up with her polls, why bother to view them - just press ignore and hey presto you won't have your intelligence/humour aggravated/insulted by her posts

could be other orgers are fed up of seeing some of your posts :confused

Just editing to say that Crayola is big enough to fight her own battles and has done so on many occasions but I feel that your reply Joxville is belittling and is the sort of put down that stops some members from posting what they truely feel, many have said the forum is boring nowadays, maybe this is one reason why

starry
22-Aug-09, 12:05
I pay no heed to the rep and think have used it twice, both times when I felt people were really sticking up for what they believed in and going against the tide of opinions, which on here can be pretty forceful.

None of the other sites I use use rep or anything like it, on some it is available but not bothered with.

I find it quite odd when it is used so much on an adult board to be honest.

joxville
22-Aug-09, 12:12
I'll probably get bad rep for this but hey!

Not from me you won't

Does Crayola not have the right to post whatever she wants on this forum?

Of course she has

Its your choice to read or not, and if you are fed up with her polls, why bother to view them - just press ignore and hey presto you won't have your intelligence/humour aggravated/insulted by her posts

That's true

could be other orgers are fed up of seeing some of your posts :confused

That's true too

Just editing to say that Crayola is big enough to fight her own battles and has done so on many occasions but I feel that your reply Joxville is belittling and is the sort of put down that stops some members from posting what they truely feel, many have said the forum is boring nowadays, maybe this is one reason why

Crayola herslf knows my post was done in jest, I've given her quite a lot of good rep, the most recent just a few days ago. [lol]

dragonfly
22-Aug-09, 12:17
maybe Crayola does but who else is aware of your banter? I stand by my thoughts that your post was belittling to read and from PM's & rep received others agree with me

Starry completely agree with you, I too am a member of another forum that has the rep button but is seldom used if ever all. IMO all it does is boost overinflated egos anyway

joxville
22-Aug-09, 12:21
maybe Crayola does but who else is aware of your banter? I stand by my thoughts that your post was belittling to read and from PM's & rep received others agree with me

Starry completely agree with you, I too am a member of another forum that has the rep button but is seldom used if ever all. IMO all it does is boost overinflated egos anyway

Point taken, good rep on it's way. :)

crayola
22-Aug-09, 16:11
Crayola herslf knows my post was done in jest, I've given her quite a lot of good rep, the most recent just a few days ago. For once I'll forgo the opportunity to give jox a swipe around his loogs with my best broomstick for daring to criticise my polls again...

What he says is right. In fact, until yesterday morning he was the only person I'd received rep from in the last two months. Thanks Jox, I owe you a Dobbies scone, a large one. :D

I'll even dedicate my next poll to you. :D

Thanks too to those who've repped me or tried to rep me since then, I feel loved again. :)

Starry completely agree with you, I too am a member of another forum that has the rep button but is seldom used if ever all. IMO all it does is boost overinflated egos anywayYour thoughts are much appreciated dragonfly. Thanks.

annemarie482
25-Feb-10, 12:10
woo hoo! i've just gained a second green square on my rep (under my no of posts)! :)

Alice in Blunderland
25-Feb-10, 12:16
Ahhhh bless :lol:

Keep up the good work. ;)

Billy Boy
25-Feb-10, 13:04
Reputation comments are weird.

What sort of comments were left! When you got your 4 red box's ?

northener
25-Feb-10, 13:11
I got a very bizarre rep a couple of weeks ago, hadn't got a clue what the sender was on about....but I didn't want to offend them by querying it.

Apart from infractions, I've only ever had one bad rep - and that was someone who didn't like the fact that I'd posted a picture of Father Christmas holding a machine gun....suprising considering some of the stuff I've said on here.

Actually, I'm telling porkies, thinking about it I've had a few snotty remarks from people who have disabled their own reputation, no doubt they'd have bad repped me if they weren't gutless and hiding behind a wall.....sad gits.

(Edit)

That's not necessarily a dig at all those who disable their rep, I ain't having a dig at you. Only those who choose to use the rep system to criticise others from a position of immunity.

Jeez, I'm starting to sound like this whole rep thing is actually important...time for another trip, I think.

Alice in Blunderland
25-Feb-10, 13:12
What sort of comments were left! When you got your 4 red box's ?

Oh yes I forgot about the four red boxes ..................I don't think I've ever seen anyone else with four red boxes not even Percy got that.:lol:

unicorn
25-Feb-10, 13:14
I thought that was done by the mods at the time?

Billy Boy
25-Feb-10, 13:21
Oh yes I forgot about the four red boxes ..................I don't think I've ever seen anyone else with four red boxes not even Percy got that.

lol are you saying that you have never come close to getting the same in the pas't with stories of weeboyagee's organ :eek::lol::lol:

Mik.M.
25-Feb-10, 13:44
Jeez, I'm starting to sound like this whole rep thing is actually important...time for another trip, I think
Start the bin Mr N! Mik.;)

northener
25-Feb-10, 13:50
Jeez, I'm starting to sound like this whole rep thing is actually important...time for another trip, I think
Start the bin Mr N! Mik.;)

Gotta charge the battery up first.:Razz

wicker8
25-Feb-10, 17:21
hi can anyone tell me i clicked on the scales asking about my rep it says you currently have 78 points is this good or bad thanks

ducati
26-Feb-10, 15:59
I've just rolled over my green blocks and it said ducati is just really nice :eek:

What the hell is that supposed to mean?? [evil]

annemarie482
26-Feb-10, 18:03
lol ducati

my two green blocks say:

annemarie482 has a spectacular aura about

ducati
26-Feb-10, 18:05
lol ducati

my two green blocks say:

annemarie482 has a spectacular aura about

I used to have that its much better :cool:

annemarie482
26-Feb-10, 18:06
true, it sounds better but we both know who has the better rep!:lol:

ducati
26-Feb-10, 18:08
true, it sounds better but we both know who has the better rep!:lol:

Arrh shucks :lol:

annemarie482
26-Feb-10, 18:36
woo hoo!
3 green squares!

my words of wisdom are finally being recognised! lol

.....im on a role.........! :lol:

ShelleyCowie
26-Feb-10, 18:41
i got my last green box today. :Razz Well i think its the last box.

Alice in Blunderland
26-Feb-10, 18:48
lol are you saying that you have never come close to getting the same in the pas't with stories of weeboyagee's organ :eek:

Oh I forgot that one and goodness nobody got any red boxes for that thread :eek:

Amazing how we all got off with it but then again there was a lot more tolerance and fun then. IMHO

<who can forget the picture of the man from delmontes organ classic>

unicorn
26-Feb-10, 18:51
Amazing how fast political correctness creates an easily offended brigade [lol]

Tubthumper
26-Feb-10, 18:52
I got bad rep and called a 'not a clue numpty' last night, for something unrelated to any discussion we were having. Being confused and childish, I bad-repped the bad-repper back with the similar comment 'not a clue numpty'.
Today I got a PM asking if I wanted to say it to his/her face, in a fairly belligerent tone.
I'm not worried, however I wonder if anyone else has had 'threats' of nasties through the pm system as a result of the rep system? It's the kind of thing that could upset a more fragile soul.

ducati
26-Feb-10, 18:55
I got bad rep and called a 'not a clue numpty' last night, for something unrelated to any discussion we were having. Being confused and childish, I bad-repped the bad-repper back with the similar comment 'not a clue numpty'.
Today I got a PM asking if I wanted to say it to his/her face, in a fairly belligerent tone.
I'm not worried, however I wonder if anyone else has had 'threats' of nasties through the pm system as a result of the rep system? It's the kind of thing that could upset a more fragile soul.

I'm sure you've got a black belt in 4x2 Tubs

Did ya call him a tchtube

ShelleyCowie
26-Feb-10, 18:59
I got bad rep the other week for agreeing with other people, nobody else got bad repped. It was a personal grudge the person had against me :roll:

Anyhoo its just a wee red box, good til get a change o colour in my user cp lol

Tubthumper
26-Feb-10, 19:06
Did ya call him a tchtube
It's 'Tchyoub'. And I've stopped using that term, it's childish. Since RoadBowler pointed out the error of my ways, I'm being more sensitive to my fellow beings.
Except Fred, who I've put on 'ignore' and Stavros, who isn't really a being at all, just a sort of hum in the background.

roadbowler
26-Feb-10, 19:46
bet ye £50 that don't last thru the weekend. Lmao!

Tubthumper
26-Feb-10, 20:01
Oh RB, I'll do that easily!;)

Thumper
26-Feb-10, 20:05
not so much because of the rep system although I had just recieved bad rep from the sender but yeah i have had nasty pm's,just one bad apple who thinks he is above us and cant let things go so its best to ignore idiots like that x

Bazeye
26-Feb-10, 20:08
Better a red rep than be ignored.

Alice in Blunderland
26-Feb-10, 20:38

I have had threats through the pm system not due to repping just about my posts :eek:

I didnt bother doing anything about it. I got a bit of a shock and just backed off posting for a while.
I have also had down right nasty pms but I believe that anonymity is the reason some feel they can send nasty pms. :)

Tubthumper
26-Feb-10, 20:43
I have also had down right nasty pms... :)

:eek: I understand it can make you quite cranky...

golach
26-Feb-10, 20:55
II have also had down right nasty pms

My sympathies are with the doc Alice [lol]

Been bad repped by the worst of the Org and where are they now? I ignore them [lol]

Bazeye
26-Feb-10, 20:57
Wouldnt mind a few threats to liven up a boring day so if anyone feels the need to threaten folk in their PMs, Im yer man.

unicorn
26-Feb-10, 20:58
If you get threats in pm's just forward them to the moderator account.

northener
26-Feb-10, 20:59
Better a red rep than be ignored.

Yup, gotta agree with you there. At least it means you've managed to wind some sad sack up a notch or two.:Razz

Bad publicity is better than no publicity.

Angela
26-Feb-10, 21:06
Any decent poster will confine their argument to the forum and not send unpleasant PMs to folk. Nasty PMs are really just a coward's way of trying to have the last word in a secretive sort of way - in other words it's bullying. [evil]

I've not had any horrible messages sent to me (as yet) though at one time I felt I was being 'stalked'.

On the other hand, I've had really friendly PMs from folk where we're argued furiously on the boards -you can disagree and still respect each other's point of view. :)

Alice in Blunderland
26-Feb-10, 21:11
My sympathies are with the doc Alice [lol]

Been bad repped by the worst of the Org and where are they now? I ignore them

I passed on your sympathies to the DOC and he thanks you for your support....whilst drinking your health in the cyber pub [lol]

It was because of him I got some of the nasty private messages. ;)

golach
26-Feb-10, 21:16
I
It was because of him I got some of the nasty private messages. ;)
The Doc is responsible for your PMS Alice??? well I never [lol]

Yoda the flump
26-Feb-10, 21:28
Not really bothered about rep - good or bad, if I get it I get it, if I don't I don't.

Same with infraction points (or is that another thread).

Only given one person bad rep before, someone called Freepress. Anyone remember him........

ducati
26-Feb-10, 21:33
Not really bothered about rep - good or bad, if I get it I get it, if I don't I don't.

Same with infraction points (or is that another thread).

Only given one person bad rep before, someone called Freepress. Anyone remember him........

If you get a dodgy PM just post it on the forum no anonimiyty (Crickey) then.

Alice in Blunderland
26-Feb-10, 21:39
The Doc is responsible for your PMS Alice??? well I never [lol]

Surely, everything is the fault of men !! husbands, partners... well they always get the blame. :lol:

Fluff
26-Feb-10, 22:27
I have never given bad rep, never felt the need to.

I simply cannot understand people who send threats through pm's etc, its only a message board!quite sad really.

I do like getting good rep though, cheers me up, esp when it is on a post I have taken the time to write something important (to me anyway)

Yoda the flump
26-Feb-10, 22:50
I have never given bad rep, never felt the need to.

The guy I gave it to was something special!

Fluff
26-Feb-10, 22:52
But I think that is good, to me it means more if you don't hand them out willy-nilly! (as the saying goes)

annemarie482
26-Feb-10, 23:13
i'm a happy wee soul........i got 5 reps today!
nearly double my total since i started the org!
thank you folks lol
glad to hear i talk sense sometimes lol x

Tubthumper
26-Feb-10, 23:27
AnneMarie - Your rep thing says you're a bit of rough. You need to work harder.

annemarie482
26-Feb-10, 23:46
i'm tryin! but i think i ruined it with my photos stars thread! lol
:lol:

peter macdonald
26-Feb-10, 23:55
I inadvertantly gave an ORG er some bad rep... It should have gone to someone else !! Does anyone know how to get this taken away ?
I have sincerely apologised to the ORGer in question for what was a genuine mistake
PM

unicorn
26-Feb-10, 23:57
Maybe the mods can help?

Amy-Winehouse
27-Feb-10, 14:53
I got some good rep yesterday, so thanks to those who gave but I noticed that the poster, Moderator, has green boxes..So can we bad rep that poster too ??;):Razz

annemarie482
11-Sep-10, 11:48
isn't it nice when you get a pm to say thank you for the good rep!!

you know what, your welcome, i wouldn't have repped had i not thought it worthy :D

Rheghead
11-Sep-10, 18:34
I've had the f word just recently in a rep, is that against the rules?

changilass
11-Sep-10, 18:40
Sure is Rheggers, rules apply no matter how many folks can see the comments.

Sage
11-Sep-10, 19:31
I tried to give someone good rep today but was told I have to spread it around first....hmmmf. Cant remember giving this Orger rep before :roll:

Phill
11-Sep-10, 20:09
I'm a bit crap with rep'
I don't actually say thank you for rep' as much as I should do, so for those of you thinking I'm an ignorant git your probably right.
I didn't even know about the rep' thingy for months, just didn't notice it until one day when I saw all these messages and wondered what it was all about.

To all those that have given me rep' thank you and I shall start spreading it about a bit more too, I might even have a rep' fest later! :cool::eek:

Kevin Milkins
11-Sep-10, 20:51

I'm not sure that being called a fool constitutes, org crime of the week.:lol:

Dadie
11-Sep-10, 22:04
Dont care much about rep...
But it was funny to watch the rep going up and down due to a thread where I had a heated debate...it ended up with more points in the end ...but it went up and down like a yoyo(was going to say something else but...)
I dont really care about my rep but will only give good rep for posts I care about and not to "friends" for anything they post!

Blarney
12-Sep-10, 01:06
I've noticed that some orgers have a full complement of dark and light green boxes. What happens after that? Shouldn't they change colour to orange or purple or something to denote that they are still receiving good rep?

Logical
12-Sep-10, 14:39

ooh.... So have I as a matter of fact, does anybody know how I report the lil git?

(Was my own fault really but he deserves to be punished:lol:)

joxville
12-Sep-10, 23:16
My thanks to all the orgers who have given me good rep over the last week or so.

golach
12-Sep-10, 23:39
My thanks to all the orgers who have given me good rep over the last week or so.

Oh drat Jox did I miss you? [lol]