PDA

View Full Version : Rain ,rain go away.

cuddlepop
20-Aug-09, 09:03
Ever since the first week in July it has rained every day at some point over here.Beautiful evening lastnight,gorgeous sunnet set but this morning its pouring.

Lusa has the unenviable record of having the recored for the "forty days and forty nights" with regards to rainfall since St Swithins.Its a private area just before the airstrip at Broadford,the weather station is station at the top of the hill so it must be accurate.:(

It looks like you've had not bad weather up in Caithness,here we're starting to grow webbed feet.:(

Tuggs according to long range its not going to be try till next Thursday,what on earth is going on?
Where's the glorious summer we were promised?

Tugmistress
20-Aug-09, 09:11
Hi CP,
as usual met office opened their gob too early for long range and got it wrong lol which is why i don't do it, it's just too variable even by the day!
There's a couple of low pressures showing in the charts sitting off to the west of cape wrath that's spoiling the summer fun for everyone up here, until they decide to go off somewhere else it's going to be a damp/wet mixed bag :(
i don't like the charts at this time of day, the better ones are available at tea time, i'll have a look and see if i can find some respite from the yuk for you to look forward to later :)

cuddlepop
20-Aug-09, 13:06
Thanks Tuggs.
Thought you maybe cast a magic spell and switched the taps off as it actually stopped raining here about 11ish.;)

Very windy with the sun is trying to peak through.

Its deicidely autumnul though but for once the washing is out on the line.:D

Tom Cornwall
20-Aug-09, 14:02
well, we had good weather down here in July,...came up to north and took it with us for the gala..and when we came back down we took it with us (we found that it had rained a bit while we were away)...and since we've come back down, it's been scorchio...and it was the hottest day of the year, yesterday, for the Cromer carnival..sorry folks

ciderally
20-Aug-09, 14:21
well, we had good weather down here in July,...came up to north and took it with us for the gala..and when we came back down we took it with us (we found that it had rained a bit while we were away)...and since we've come back down, it's been scorchio...and it was the hottest day of the year, yesterday, for the Cromer carnival..sorry folks
so all this rain is down to you:roll: