PDA

View Full Version : Thomann PA110 Speaker query

moncur
19-Aug-09, 21:48
Hi folks,

got a bit of a problem with one of my powered monitors. Hopefully I can find an indication as to what might be wrong from some of you guys.

The 250v fuse inside the actual unit keeps blowing, with or without a mic or line plugged into the input, and also whilst the volume is turned fully down. I have used different plugs (5amp fuse) and used different sockets around the house.

Has anyone else experienced this problem before? Any recommendations for somebody to fix it?

Thanks in advance, Richard

buddyrich
19-Aug-09, 22:44
Does it go as soon as you turn the thing on?

buddyrich
19-Aug-09, 22:50
The guy at Delny near invergordon would be the man for fixing it. I canna mind his name, i think gleber2 knows him? He did work for us in the past-very good, highly recommend him.

moncur
19-Aug-09, 22:51
Does it go as soon as you turn the thing on?

it didnt on the first occassion, went after a couple of minutes, but it went twice today as soon as I turned it on

buddyrich
19-Aug-09, 22:54
Probably best not to fiddle with it. I'd leave it off til someone tries a repair. I can try and get the number for the guy in Delny from ian sinclair, but im sure i mind gleber2 mentioning him too so he might have his info.

Im heading south on friday and next tuesday so could drop it off with him no bother if you arrange for him to have a look at it.

Gleber2
20-Aug-09, 03:02
Probably best not to fiddle with it. I'd leave it off til someone tries a repair. I can try and get the number for the guy in Delny from ian sinclair, but im sure i mind gleber2 mentioning him too so he might have his info.

Im heading south on friday and next tuesday so could drop it off with him no bother if you arrange for him to have a look at it.
Dave Hilton is doing very few repairs right now for various reasons.

moncur
20-Aug-09, 12:25
Thanks for your help folks, I got a number from Davem for a guy who knows his way around speakers so Im going to give him a shout at some point to see if he can help me out.

I dare not touch electronics myself and I'll leave it to someone who is adequately experienced in these things

Deemac
20-Aug-09, 16:00
Moncur,
Sent you a PM on this matter . . . . .