PDA

View Full Version : South African to take gender test

the_big_mac
19-Aug-09, 19:00
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/athletics/8210471.stm :eek:

To be fair when I watched the race I was saying there is no way she is a woman!

Bookworm
19-Aug-09, 19:19
I do agree. That's either a bloke or someone with both sets of genes.
If it is a girl I feel sorry for her, not the type of attention anyone wants.

octane
19-Aug-09, 19:23
What an emabrrassing situation to be in, must affect the focus for the finals. She's got some balls to make it this far already.

Alan16
19-Aug-09, 20:30
What an emabrrassing situation to be in, must affect the focus for the finals. She's got some balls to make it this far already.

Was that sort of joke really necessary? I'm sure she's fed up with all these testy remarks...

scorrie
19-Aug-09, 20:35
Does anyone remember Jarmila Kratochvilova who was a top Czech "woman" athlete back in the days when the East German women were running on Diesel and chemicals?

Take a look and tell me that this was NOT a man!!

http://srocespodogona.blox.pl/resource/kratochvilova.jpg

Let's just say she took a bigger size in boxer shorts than Allan Wells ;)

Gene Hunt
19-Aug-09, 20:56
Its nothing new in Athletics really is it ??

What about Fatima Whitbread ??, she looked like Kevin Keegan on Steroids. In fact has anyone seen the two of them together ??

scorrie
19-Aug-09, 21:06
The lassie absolutely walked the final, totally destroying her rivals. Very fast time, particularly from someone aged only 18. She is VERY manly in appearance.

I cannot help notice the irony in "Her" surname of Semenya. Imagine the sex test result coming back from the lab:-

Semen? Ya!!

Whitewater
20-Aug-09, 00:13

Nice one octane, perhaps she has.

porshiepoo
20-Aug-09, 09:19
Was that sort of joke really necessary? I'm sure she's fed up with all these testy remarks...

:lol: Good one.

Sandra_B
20-Aug-09, 10:44
I saw that interview with her. She certainly sounds like a man...

Julia
20-Aug-09, 12:30
I heard her talking on the radio and assumed I was hearing a man until I gathered what the story was about, sure sounds like a bloke to me, have not seen a photo yet though.

Gene Hunt
20-Aug-09, 12:44
She was described in our crewroom this morning as the worlds fastest ladyboy.

No way is that a woman.

tonkatojo
20-Aug-09, 14:10
I heard her talking on the radio and assumed I was hearing a man until I gathered what the story was about, sure sounds like a bloke to me, have not seen a photo yet though.

I doubt we will see photo's of the bits that would prove it one way or another.:eek:
But have seen some of her/his profile and could not make a definite call on it.

octane
29-Aug-09, 19:22
Did you know he/her name was an anagram of.....

Caster Semenya = Yes A Secret Man

I bet you checked!!

scorrie
29-Aug-09, 22:47
Did you know he/her name was an anagram of.....

Caster Semenya = Yes A Secret Man

I bet you checked!!

Do you read the Daily Mail perchance?

Alan16
29-Aug-09, 23:40
Do you read the Daily Mail perchance?

By "read" I assume you mean "look at the pretty pictures"? :Razz

Lingland
30-Aug-09, 09:32
It is a sad situation whatever the outcome.

oldmarine
30-Aug-09, 19:08
Does anyone remember Jarmila Kratochvilova who was a top Czech "woman" athlete back in the days when the East German women were running on Diesel and chemicals?

Take a look and tell me that this was NOT a man!!

http://srocespodogona.blox.pl/resource/kratochvilova.jpg

Let's just say she took a bigger size in boxer shorts than Allan Wells ;)

Scorrie: That was many years ago, but I still remember that Czech "woman?"

balto
30-Aug-09, 21:37
must say i saw a new article about this, and she does look and sound like a man, i just hope this gets sorted out shortly.

wee sparkle
30-Aug-09, 21:50
Looking at the videos of it, her figure is so different to the other females, i can kind of see why some people became suspicious, but its still a shame its become so public. :confused

scorrie
31-Aug-09, 00:10
Scorrie: That was many years ago, but I still remember that Czech "woman?"

Long ago indeed, but unforgettable oldmarine. The first time in the history of women's athletics that the winning margin was a "short testicle" ;)

scotsboy
31-Aug-09, 05:38
I think the situation has been handled terribly, the tests could have been carried out without informing the media.