PDA

View Full Version : Pony Wanted

munron
18-Aug-09, 19:18
Hi

I am looking for a pony that can be ridden by a confident but novice child but possibly could be up to weight and carry an adult. The child part is most important though.

It would have to be well schooled, well mannered and bombproof. Happy to hack out with a herd of kids in tow as well as alone or with another horse.

What I dont want is a youngster needing brought on, or anything that has been out of work. We would welcome a veteran coming to the end of their showring days and is looking for a quieter way of life, but would still be up for hacking a few times a week. Anything capable of possibly first ridden / young handler in hand, if the kids choose to do that kind of thing, would be a bonus but not important.

I dont want to pay silly money but the right pony would have a home for the rest of its days and share their field with two very spoilt veterans and a stupid youngster. There is a purpose built stable waiting but we are prepared to wait for the right one as he can ride my cob but he is just to strong for him to go it alone and to big for him to have lessons on.

I know these type dont come along everyday so I thought I would chuck my hat in the ring and put out the feelers. I am sure I could russle up some references but anyone would be welcome to come along and see the set up if it would give them peace of mind that their pony would be well cared for.

I think I have put everything in but if there are any questions please feel free to ask or PM with your contact details.

I have put this in classifieds as well but as an after thought if anyone has seen anything suitable advertised could they let me know. Prefer local though as I am to big to test ride and I can either get someone to do it for me.

nicola hooker
05-Sep-09, 16:05
i have a 14 year old icelantic pony he is bomb proof and is 13.2hh

munron
06-Sep-09, 20:36
Can you advise what work your pony has done in the past 12 months and if it has been schooled/in work recently. If you could advise if it has competed in the past and at what level. Is it responsive and forward going as well as being bombproof or is it bombproof because it does not move?

My concern with your pony is that you have been trying to get rid of it for sometime without providing any specific information on it. It would help any prospective buyers if you could provide full details on what your ponys history and what it has been doing.

I would want to know as much of a history on any pony I buy for my children, as you can appreciate, and it would be tested and vetted.

Thanks

Leanne
06-Sep-09, 21:33
I don't think you'll get any more offers after that post...

The type you are after are like hens teeth and come at a price to reflect their rarity ;)

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
06-Sep-09, 21:35
wait til your done with sky in the spring Leanne.....

Leanne
06-Sep-09, 21:38
wait til your done with sky in the spring Leanne.....

She is such a little star bless her! Never met such a chilled 3 year old before. She's going to make someone a cracking pony one day! Some child will be very happy :) Edit - eek hijack sorry!

munron
06-Sep-09, 21:45
I dont mind hijacking - although my husband will not pay a ransom.

I am happy enough to wait as the kids can ride the lardie one in the back.

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
06-Sep-09, 21:45
She is such a little star bless her! Never met such a chilled 3 year old before. She's going to make someone a cracking pony one day! Some child will be very happy :) Edit - eek hijack sorry!

im sure Nicola will forgive us ..... she's fine like that - might need to watch for others annialating us though...

madman
07-Sep-09, 08:28
Hi there is an elderly highland in the pets for sale section don't know if he would be any good for your wee ones?

munron
07-Sep-09, 09:20
Hi there is an elderly highland in the pets for sale section don't know if he would be any good for your wee ones?

Thanks for that, I will go off and have a look