PDA

View Full Version : Waste incinerator burner

weeksider
18-Aug-09, 18:22
HC Council planners have just knocked back its planning application after meeting in Invergordon Social club Today , locals protested against it
Will it now come to Caithness ?

EDDIE
18-Aug-09, 18:36
HC Council planners have just knocked back its planning application after meeting in Invergordon Social club Today , locals protested against it

I wonder if the incerator smells and travels through the air ideally they should place it so its easy to get to for everyone

Phill
18-Aug-09, 18:47
Why spend money on an incinerator, just pile all the rubbish down the shaft at Dounreay.

Job done.

Rheghead
18-Aug-09, 22:21
I dispair, I really do. People really need to get a grip. The waste-to-energy plant near Douglas is a beautiful piece of architecture and yet emissions can't be any worse than a coal power station. What end do they really expect for their rubbish? Pile up on somebody elses doorstep and it is us the taxpayer to pay for it? Synergy is achieved by waste to energy, two problems solved in one.

lynne duncan
19-Aug-09, 00:01
build it next to the wick waste water treatment plant, as it couldn't smell any worse than the plant does!!!

or use the waste to fuel the chap plant, free source of fuel cheap heating everyone happy!!!

Wick66
19-Aug-09, 11:46

Thought that there was something said about this some months ago along the lines of each area having its own incinerator. Could be wrong about this though. Anyway, what with all the polution controls that would be put in place to make any plant enviromentally friendly it cant be any worse than landfill.

The Angel Of Death
19-Aug-09, 12:12
build it next to the wick waste water treatment plant, as it couldn't smell any worse than the plant does!!!

Beat me to that one it might even compliment the existing wiff ;)

David Banks
19-Aug-09, 12:30
From household waste, I hope you first extract compostables, recyclable paper, recyclable cardboard, aluminum and tin cans, glass and plastic containers, electronics, batteries, compact fluorescent bulbs, hazardous wastes (paint cans, bleaches, cleaners) etc.
If you just burn everything, you'll have some nasty stuff in the discharge.
Rental properties can do the same thing - don't let owners tell you otherwise.
"Office" waste can be similarly separated.
Also, it's best to locate it close to a community, to make use of the "waste" heat which will be generated.

. . . in my opinion.

We're fairly good at separating out our garbage here in Halifax - we just haven't "taken" to incinerators much yet.

buddyrich
19-Aug-09, 13:20
Gadzooks! Who has time to seperate all that stuff? I just jam it all into the communal wheely bin downstairs.

Bring on the incinerator. I'd be happy to live next to it.

northener
19-Aug-09, 13:54
Certainly the modern incinerators that appear to be getting installed in other areas appear to have waste-sorting as part of their every day operation. Mind you, that's only what I've seen on telly and read (not much..).

I would suspect that nimbyism has yet again played a role in the Cooncils' decision?

David Banks
19-Aug-09, 17:59
Gadzooks! Who has time to seperate all that stuff? I just jam it all into the communal wheely bin downstairs.

Bring on the incinerator. I'd be happy to live next to it.

Even in Canada with all our landmass, "reduce, reuse and recycle" is going strong around the country. It begins with schools and education - after a while, nobody minds doing their bit for the environment - and for the neighbours downwind. We know all about being downwind from the mighty US of A, with whom we also manage to "share" the great lakes.