PDA

View Full Version : England are a day ahead of Scotland

Loch not Lock
18-Aug-09, 17:18
The BBC consider us Scots as second class citizens as they make us wait until Wednesday to enjoy television's top drama "Holby City" whilst England and the rest of the UK are privileged to view this evening. If you wish, of course, you can wallow through "River City".......zzzzzzzzzzzz.
Sky viewers can, however, tune into "Holby" tonight on channel 974 - can't wait!:)

tonkatojo
18-Aug-09, 18:02
The BBC consider us Scots as second class citizens as they make us wait until Wednesday to enjoy television's top drama "Holby City" whilst England and the rest of the UK are privileged to view this evening. If you wish, of course, you can wallow through "River City".......zzzzzzzzzzzz.
Sky viewers can, however, tune into "Holby" tonight on channel 974 - can't wait!:)

How does it go " you can please some of the people......ETC "

theone
18-Aug-09, 18:33
I'm pretty sure the schedule is such due to BBC Scotlands insistance of producing such 'home grown' rubbish as River City rather than some racist anti-Scots agenda.

At least it's not in gaelic.....

Alice in Blunderland
18-Aug-09, 18:59
At least it's not in gaelic.....

Yet !!:lol: ;)

porshiepoo
18-Aug-09, 19:00

What exactly was the point of this thread? Obviously you have Sky as you mention you can't wait to watch it tonight, so what does it matter to you that it's not on Freeview? :confused
While I'm at it why was the title of this thread not that 'The rest of the UK are a day ahead of Scotland'? Is there really a need to make an England/Scotland divide over a TV programme? Seriously???
IMO Holby City would be better off being completely scrapped anyway, it's absolute rubbish and a cheap knock off from 'Casualty', which had the good grace to know that it had had its day!
I for one wouldn't feel privileged to get to watch it one day in advance, if my life had become that crap (and I suffer from Depression) I think I'd be very bloody worried.

northener
18-Aug-09, 21:57
Actually it is the Beeb being like a protective father towards it's Scots children.

They've given us another day of happiness before having to sit down and endure this tiresome cobblers.[lol]

bigjjuk
18-Aug-09, 22:01
I think it comes down to BBC SCOTLAND who choose what to put on and nothing to do with any bbc region anywhere else. Also if u have Sky you can watch the BBC regions all over the country, so you can watch your desired program a day earlier if you want.

Its always a england scotland thing why is that??????

tonkatojo
18-Aug-09, 22:09
I think it comes down to BBC SCOTLAND who choose what to put on and nothing to do with any bbc region anywhere else. Also if u have Sky you can watch the BBC regions all over the country, so you can watch your desired program a day earlier if you want.

Its always a england scotland thing why is that??????

Its to do with not losing ones national identity, like the Gaelic debate/Gaelic programmes or just being wanting to be different.

Rheghead
18-Aug-09, 22:26
Its to do with not losing ones national identity, like the Gaelic debate/Gaelic programmes or just being wanting to be different.

The gaelic debate isn't a national identity issue, it is a regional problem.

tonkatojo
18-Aug-09, 22:49
The gaelic debate isn't a national identity issue, it is a regional problem.

Your right, but watch in the future, its becoming compulsory in some schools already .

crayola
18-Aug-09, 23:07
Your right, but watch in the future, its becoming compulsory in some schools already .
I didn't know that. Which ones?

tonkatojo
18-Aug-09, 23:16
I didn't know that. Which ones?

Skye primary, some around Inverness, Don't ask me to quote actual names it is things read in papers or news articles.

crayola
18-Aug-09, 23:53
The gaelic debate isn't a national identity issue, it is a regional problem.I don't agree with that. It's an issue down here too. Because of external pressure, my employer has recently produced some sort of Gaelic plan which is a piece of total nonsense.

Skye primary, some around Inverness, Don't ask me to quote actual names it is things read in papers or news articles.Thanks. I appreciate it.

Rheghead
19-Aug-09, 00:31
my employer.

is that in demographic/marketing analysis, you do a lot of polls, even more than me I think sometimes!:lol:

joxville
19-Aug-09, 09:01
is that in demographic/marketing analysis, you do a lot of polls, even more than me I think sometimes!:lol:
It's quality not quantity, at least your polls are interesting and relevant. ;)

[lol]

northener
19-Aug-09, 10:09
It's quality not quantity, at least your polls are interesting and relevant. ;)

[lol]

We could settle this with a poll, y'know.......

Matthew
19-Aug-09, 15:04
It will probably be available straight after on BBC iPlayer.

crayola
19-Aug-09, 23:58
is that in demographic/marketing analysis, you do a lot of polls, even more than me I think sometimes!:lol:Sort of.

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm afraid you're ahead of me in the 2009 Org Poll stakes. I've started 11, you have 13 to your credit.