PDA

View Full Version : Nature

highlander
27-Mar-06, 22:11
While out walking this afternoon, i came across a flock of about 10 snow buntings just sitting on a dyke, then later noticed 5 buzzards flying near by, do you think this is the start of spring?

Kenn
27-Mar-06, 22:23
I think you could be right here the daffodils have burst into bloom overnight, the primroses are wondrous patches of soft yellow the sparrows are gathering nesting material and blackbird is checking out last year's site whilst the collared doves are billing and cooing from first light.
I've even delved into the darkest corner of the garage and found where the lawn mower has been snoozing all winter so something must be afoot.

squeezy
27-Mar-06, 22:42
I think so. I was confronted by a (very dozy) wasp this afternoon - she'd obviously just woken from hibernation and looking for a good nesting spot (She was squished before she could get the chance though!)

MadPict
27-Mar-06, 23:30
I think so. I was confronted by a (very dozy) wasp this afternoon - she'd obviously just woken from hibernation and looking for a good nesting spot (She was squished before she could get the chance though!)

Change of name to squashy???[lol]

Fran
28-Mar-06, 02:05
Noticed a lot of people out for an evening walk today. What a beautiful day it was today and a nice evening too, the sunshine made me feel quite happy all day. I must have been suffering from sad disease as the sun made me feel so much better!!!!hope the winter is over now.