PDA

View Full Version : Ideas

Ash
16-Aug-09, 14:32
My wedding is in December this year, i am looking for a ideas for a winter wedding buffet

any ideas welcome

Thumper
16-Aug-09, 15:40
Is it a cold or hot buffet? If its hot I would add some things like baked potatoes and roasted chestnuts to make it a bit more "festive" and some mulled wine to drink x

ShelleyCowie
16-Aug-09, 15:41
My wedding is in December this year, i am looking for a ideas for a winter wedding buffet

any ideas welcome

Oh ash i love the sound of a winter wedding! :D

Snowballs! I love snowballs lol. Thats my input into this anyways! [lol]

Ash
16-Aug-09, 16:19
i like the idea of hot and cold selections

thanks for replies

hahaha shelley i dont like snowballs thanks tho lol x

arana negra
16-Aug-09, 16:42
Off the top of head came an idea for the 'cake' if you have not already got that sussed, with the current trend for cupcakes why not snowballs , the eating variety :)

Mulled wine and shortbread fingers

try this link for great ideas http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1108352/special_menu_or_buffet_table_items.html

shamrock2007
16-Aug-09, 20:11
Starters that might be nice - Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper Soup, Warm Goats cheese salad with curried walnuts & a good old Prawn cocktail
Mains you could set out a platter of turkey, beef, ham & salmon with potatoes & salad stuff
Puddings you could have a clootie dumpling, brandy snap baskets with pastry cream & mixed winter berries & maybe a chocolate & mulled wine gateux

Hope this is of some help. Best wishes, winter wedding will be lovely :)

annemarie482
17-Aug-09, 00:24
defo hot food for the winter!
things like:

hearty chunky soup
chicken skewers
hot filled rolls?(was at a wedding were they served hot sliced beef in rolls)
quiche
mini xmas puds
king prawns in filo pastry

or cold:

cupcakes decorated with holly
sliced xmas cake

sorry run out of ideas.........it is late!:lol:

Rheghead
17-Aug-09, 00:35
just get the chinese or indian to do it, it has become a bit of a cliche since Peter Kay's sketch about seeing voloventes, chicken legs, mini pies, quiche (no body eats quiche less so bliddy veggies) ad infinitum