PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Disabled Accomodation Required

freyalass
14-Aug-09, 23:36
Can anyone help please? I'm posting this for a wheelchair bound young lady, who is having to move out of her purpose built house for about 5-6 months (possibly longer), whilst remedial work is carried out, due to flooding. Does anyone know of anywhere suitable that she (and her cat) could rent?

Thanks in advance.

sweetpea
15-Aug-09, 00:31
That's quite a request.

Fran
15-Aug-09, 02:43
Surely the council will help. they have a few disabled friendly flats or bungalows, and I have seen one empty. Albyn housing have some too.

BINBOB
15-Aug-09, 10:28
Surely the council will help. they have a few disabled friendly flats or bungalows, and I have seen one empty. Albyn housing have some too.

Yes..fran..u are right.at the back of myself[halkirk] there are several empty sheltered bungalows empty.sadly the folk passed away............hope she finds something soon.;)

freyalass
15-Aug-09, 13:21
Many thanks for your replies, we know it's a tall order and having exhausted all our own avenues of enquiry we thought of asking the orgers. Will pass the info on, although she has already contacted the council....no help forthcoming there. Thanks again.