PDA

View Full Version : Missing cats

tonkatojo
14-Aug-09, 17:41
There is an awful lot of cats going missing up here, is there some thing sinister going on ?, do they ever get found ?.

riggerboy
14-Aug-09, 18:15
yes we find them, mainly in our leftover carryouts ???????

dragonfly
14-Aug-09, 18:23
think a lot of cats go missing at this time of year as its hunting/mating season. They take chances crossing roads and sadly don't make it :~(

my ginger girl is hardly ever home at the moment and when she is its with a gift for me in her mouth :eek:

Stavro
14-Aug-09, 18:52
think a lot of cats go missing at this time of year as its hunting/mating season. They take chances crossing roads and sadly don't make it :~(

Fortunately many do manage to muster up survival instincts if need be, some becoming almost feral, but there is always the hope that they will eventually turn up safe and sound to their respective homes.

oldmarine
14-Aug-09, 18:57
There is an awful lot of cats going missing up here, is there some thing sinister going on ?, do they ever get found ?.

Our cat is a house cat and we never worry about her when we are gone. She is capable of cleaning herself and after herself. When we are gone a few days, our daughter stops bye and cares for her.

Gene Hunt
14-Aug-09, 19:05
yes we find them, mainly in our leftover carryouts ???????

I prefer home made .. http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/9977/domesticcatpie.jpg .. a family of four can have a leg each !!

riggerboy
14-Aug-09, 19:17
the above is brill lol my kinda humour lol

Tom Cornwall
14-Aug-09, 19:25
Personally, I don't think enough cats go missing...I put them in the same group as I put scorries (not very high on the enjoyment scale)...people who have cats are very complacent...'oh cats look after themselves'...when they haven't a clue where their cat is...they don't seem to care that their cat is probably digging up, and doing their business, in their neighbours well kept and newly dug garden..when anything is said, they say 'oh, you should get a cat yourself'...if I wanted a cat, I'd have had one..

scorrie
14-Aug-09, 19:47
Personally, I don't think enough cats go missing...I put them in the same group as I put scorries (not very high on the enjoyment scale)...people who have cats are very complacent...'oh cats look after themselves'...when they haven't a clue where their cat is...they don't seem to care that their cat is probably digging up, and doing their business, in their neighbours well kept and newly dug garden..when anything is said, they say 'oh, you should get a cat yourself'...if I wanted a cat, I'd have had one..

It's horses for courses Tom. Plenty of people love cats and get a lot of reward out of getting to know their personality and the love that is returned. Other people get a buzz out of having every blade of grass in the garden in its proper place. I find the latter pretty sad myself but I don't advocate them falling on their fork to make me feel better. You cannot track a cats every move. I find it a bit intolerant and shallow for someone to wish for people's pets to go missing.

Liz
14-Aug-09, 20:05
It's horses for courses Tom. Plenty of people love cats and get a lot of reward out of getting to know their personality and the love that is returned. Other people get a buzz out of having every blade of grass in the garden in its proper place. I find the latter pretty sad myself but I don't advocate them falling on their fork to make me feel better. You cannot track a cats every move. I find it a bit intolerant and shallow for someone to wish for people's pets to go missing.

Very well said Scorrie. Tom there are many of us who find cats to be wonderful loving companions and I find your comments to be very hurtful and insenstitive to those whose much loved cats are missing.

I have a lovely garden as well but the flowers don't provide love and cuddles.

northener
14-Aug-09, 20:17

Now, Scorrie, you've only got the hump because Tom has said he doesn't like you much better than cats.......

northener
14-Aug-09, 20:19
...I have a lovely garden as well but the flowers don't provide love and cuddles.

I have bred a strain of Triffid that is reasonably friendly, much less hassle than a mangy mog.....;)

Want a couple?

Phill
14-Aug-09, 20:31
I have bred a strain of Triffid that is reasonably friendly, much less hassle than a mangy mog.....;)

Want a couple?

Ooh. Yes please, they sound jolly good.
Are they the cat eating strain?

Liz
14-Aug-09, 22:18

Want a couple?

Nah. You're alright ta.

I don't need to grow plants to get affection.:D

tiggertoo
14-Aug-09, 22:44
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/1926/cat2copy.jpg

purplelady
14-Aug-09, 23:55
I find your comments very hurtful my cat is not missing he died not so long ago and i still miss him like mad he was dear lovely old man to be honest think cats are nicer then SOME humans

Tom Cornwall
14-Aug-09, 23:55
I 've seen the picture of tiggers cat and I think it's got that look about it that makes you think that cats think that they're superior to us...it's got to be sorted out and told...eat your fish and take a step backward...how many cats do you know who can drive..work a computer..open a tin of cat food...read a newspaper..so there you go..the quicker the know what their place is, the better...you don't see mice doing this kind of thing..

tiggertoo
15-Aug-09, 00:14
I 've seen the picture of tiggers cat and I think it's got that look about it that makes you think that cats think that they're superior to us...it's got to be sorted out and told...eat your fish and take a step backward...how many cats do you know who can drive..work a computer..open a tin of cat food...read a newspaper..so there you go..the quicker the know what their place is, the better...you don't see mice doing this kind of thing..

tell me an animal that can do all of the above,your right i dont see mice doing that kind o thing, it would be funny to see them driving a car though,probably better than half the drivers out there :lol: