PDA

View Full Version : School catchment areas

TracyB
13-Aug-09, 19:43
Just wondered if anyone knows where the school catchment areas are for North Wick (roads ect). Ive hunted through the highland council website, trawlled google and just did a search here and cant find anything. Maybe im just blind!:D
Any info would be good!
My wee boys just at the age before nursery and we're starting to consider where to send him.
Cheers:D

JWM
13-Aug-09, 21:07
hi as far as i know fom scalesburn west is north primary school and from east out towards papigoe is hillhead my wee girl is at playgroup at north as its our catchment and they are great.

dont know if it just hearsay or truth but north have apparently better academic grades than hillhead, it was a teacher that told me, best bet if your unsure is telephone the school and see what catchment your in before going.

hope that helps

shamrock2007
13-Aug-09, 21:10
Hi the Hillhead catchment area is the top of scalesburn over to the right out to Staxigoe. Then the North is over the other direction out towards Reiss. As a parent of Hillhead pupil it is a first class school. Hope thats some use to you.

Alice in Blunderland
13-Aug-09, 21:23
Dont kids in Breadalbane and Thurso Road come into the North's catchment area also?

JWM
13-Aug-09, 21:32
not sure best bet is to telephone school and ask thats how I found out but if your not happy with catchment area this can also be changed and school will tell you how to do this you have to fill out a form not sure where you get it from though

Alice in Blunderland
13-Aug-09, 21:49
I believe the council were going to look at catchment areas.

girnigoe
13-Aug-09, 21:50
Dont kids in Breadalbane and Thurso Road come into the North's catchment area also?

Yup they sure do! Dempster Street, Argyll Square, Sinclair Terrace and all surrounding Streets.

Alan16
13-Aug-09, 23:18
Yup they sure do! Dempster Street, Argyll Square, Sinclair Terrace and all surrounding Streets.

Didn't know that - I live in Sinclair Terrace and I went to Hillhead...

Just wondered if anyone knows where the school catchment areas are for North Wick (roads ect). Ive hunted through the highland council website, trawlled google and just did a search here and cant find anything. Maybe im just blind!:D
Any info would be good!
My wee boys just at the age before nursery and we're starting to consider where to send him.
Cheers:D

I went to Hillhead and can't speak highly enough of it. The head teacher (Mr Budge) was brilliant, and this was confirmed by HMIoE recently when it was given a glowing review.

wickscorrie
14-Aug-09, 09:35
http://www.highland.gov.uk/learninghere/schools/schoollist/wickhighschool/hillheadprimaryschool.htm

this link will give you access to the hmie report for the schools

which street are you in, we could easy give you the school you are catchmented to, though you can still choose which school to enter your child in

TracyB
14-Aug-09, 21:45
Im in Girnigoe Street opposite(ish) The Spar shop. Id like my wee boy to go to a nursery and be able to go straight through to the same primary without any hassle of having to change because of catchments ect. I had heard good things about both Hillhead and North but the more feed back the better! :D

im behind you
15-Aug-09, 00:36
i think the council needs to have a serious look at this school catchments i find it a joke a child has to come from thurso rd to the the north school when the academy is just round the corner and kennedy and cairnduna goes to academy when the south school is just up the rd before we know it staxigoe will be going to the watten school