PDA

View Full Version : Cancer Research Uk Relay for Life

attidude9464
12-Aug-09, 21:29
Hi everyone. I would like to know your opinions on holding the second Caithness Relay for Life, raising money for Cancer Research UK in 2010. Your opinions mean alot and will help us to decide what to do with regards the next Relay for the life. Many thanks

attidude9464
12-Aug-09, 22:34
Hi
Please feel free to leave any comments regarding your opinions on the Relay for Life
Cheers

attidude9464
14-Aug-09, 00:08
Sorry just wanting to keep this on the front page for another day or so. Thanks

gollach
14-Aug-09, 01:01
I thought it was a one-off event?

attidude9464
14-Aug-09, 01:58
In other parts of the country it is held yearly or every two years. Although I have to admit perhaps not on such a grand scale as the Caithness Relay for Life. Just trying to get the opinions of the people of Caithness. Thanks

fifi trixibelle
14-Aug-09, 11:34
hi
yes i think it should be held annualy r every second year,and why not its for a good cause and it was also a success last yr to be honest was disappointed that it wasnt on this yr. I thoroughly enjoyed it last yr was probably one of the best nights i had out and i was dead proud too that i was part of it.:roll::D:D

futurelegends
14-Aug-09, 12:21
2010 is way too soon for a repeat Performance.

Too Many other Charities & Good Causes had a reduction in their Fundraising income last year as they held off to give Cancer Research a fair swing at the ball.

gollach
14-Aug-09, 16:19
2010 is way too soon for a repeat Performance.

Too Many other Charities & Good Causes had a reduction in their Fundraising income last year as they held off to give Cancer Research a fair swing at the ball.

I also heard this. I think it would be poor form to try to hold one again so soon.

Vistravi
14-Aug-09, 19:33
every 2 to 3 years sounds fair to me. Caithness is a small community after all.

grumpy1
14-Aug-09, 23:03
every 2 to 3 years sounds fair to me. Caithness is a small community after all.

im sorry i disagree..there are still a lot of people i feel would definately welcome this event again as even though it was a good turn out and proved very successful there are still plenty who missed the opportunity and would welcome it.....

after all race for live is held every year and that is just as big and noone objects to regularity of this

i say bring it on....

Fran
15-Aug-09, 02:51
I think it was a wonderful event, and should be held yearly like other events. Cant wait for the next one.Next time i will get a dog sitter and stay longer.

attidude9464
17-Aug-09, 23:01
Thank you to everyone who have voted and left comments. Keep them coming

starry
17-Aug-09, 23:27
Think it is a great event and a big yes to it being held in 2010.

attidude9464
21-Aug-09, 12:19
Please keep voting so we can get a true community feeling for this event. Thanks

S&LHEN
21-Aug-09, 21:27
http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=9809137727

Its never to late this lovely girl lost her fight against cancer and shes left 5 lovely young kids behind:~(:~(

Way I see it is if you make a pond its well worth it, its a pound more than they would have had. Good on you xx

fifi trixibelle
22-Aug-09, 16:55
Omg,
ive just checked that link out,:(:(
hmmm............................bring it on for next year (relay for life!!)

attidude9464
27-Aug-09, 08:46
Thanks everyone, I will go back and see what the general concensus is of the hard working committee. Watch this space!!! But keep voting

crayola
27-Aug-09, 09:59
http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=9809137727

Its never to late this lovely girl lost her fight against cancer and shes left 5 lovely young kids behind:~(:~(

Way I see it is if you make a pond its well worth it, its a pound more than they would have had. Good on you xx
Oh gosh, that's a real tear jerker.

Whoever said life is unfair really hit the nail on the head.

Brodar
28-Aug-09, 12:17
I think it should be yearly. Cancer affects nearly every family and it is such a good cause. I was there last year as a spectator and took my sisters place for a while and did a few laps. Will definatley take part next time. It was such a good day and very emotional to see the survivors walk the circuit and when the candles were lit.
xxxx

Vistravi
28-Aug-09, 19:32
I think it was a wonderful event, and should be held yearly like other events. Cant wait for the next one.Next time i will get a dog sitter and stay longer.

Ach bring the dog/dogs with you Fran. :)

ABC
28-Aug-09, 21:43
Ach bring the dog/dogs with you Fran. :)

I for one would disagree with taking dogs to events such as these (With the exception of guide dogs). Large crowds of adults and children, I would feel is not a place to bring a dog. Will certainly bee leaving mine at home.