PDA

View Full Version : Scotland football team

Amy-Winehouse
12-Aug-09, 20:24
How bad were they tonight then?????

Anyone else think Burley & Butcher are out of their depth??

Does anyone else think Elvis Pressley & Steven Pressley arnt the same & never should be mentioned in the same breath??

How was Frankenhead voted player of the year?

Why was his brother in the starting line up- dont Scotland have better than these 2 inept defenders?

Will Scotland make South Africa or should we just forget about it now?

Should this be on a different forum ? OR because were all Jock Tamsons bairns should we discuss our humiliation ?

Rheghead
12-Aug-09, 20:29
ye can't make a new silk purse out of an auld sow's ear.

Tom Cornwall
12-Aug-09, 20:45
I don't think we'll be watching Scotland playing in South Africa next year, and, if it's any consolation, I don't think we'll be watching England either. They are playing rubbish against Holland. But then again....you never know:)

Amy-Winehouse
12-Aug-09, 20:55
I don't think we'll be watching Scotland playing in South Africa next year, and, if it's any consolation, I don't think we'll be watching England either. They are playing rubbish against Holland. But then again....you never know:)

Tom, I think you are a bit mislead mate, England are definiatley going to S.A 2010 , Scotland are not, England are doing it at a canter-with ease. Scotland couldnay score in a whorehouse with inept performances like both against Norway Iwelumo`s miss(shocking, no wonder Boyd left)& tonights nighmare by Caldwell (who was found out at last by an average team)

Alan16
12-Aug-09, 23:47
Tonight we were in control until Caldwell was sent off - and he shouldn't have been. Yes he committed two yellow card offenses, but Risse (or whatever his name is) committed about half-a-dozen.

Bazeye
13-Aug-09, 00:16
Tom, I think you are a bit mislead mate, England are definiatley going to S.A 2010 , Scotland are not, England are doing it at a canter-with ease. Scotland couldnay score in a whorehouse with inept performances like both against Norway Iwelumo`s miss(shocking, no wonder Boyd left)& tonights nighmare by Caldwell (who was found out at last by an average team)

England will qualify, the media will hype them up to the hilt, then slag them off when they get knocked out. Again.

Metalattakk
13-Aug-09, 00:23
Tonight we were in control until Caldwell was sent off - and he shouldn't have been. Yes he committed two yellow card offenses [/snip]

Ergo, red card.

Caldwell has no-one else to blame but himself - basically for being stupid enough to think that he has to win every ball. Twice he challenged for an unwinnable ball, and twice he was yellow-carded because of it.

Has he not got the experience to know that if he gets too tight to the forward it makes it easier for the forward to turn him? Even young children know that in those situations it's better to step back and let him turn, and to be ready there to challenge him as he does so.

Jesus, it's not rocket science.

The other thing that annoyed me tonight was Burley's team selection:

Why Alexander as a holding midfielder when a perfectly fit Hartley scratches his erse on the bench
Why McCormack on the left while a perfectly fit and able McFadden sits on the bench?
Why only one central defender as a sub?

Christ, late on in the game we were left with a defense that consisted of three right-backs and a left-back!

For Scotland to prosper at International level, we need a man at the helm who knows what he's doing. From much of what I've seen over the past year or so, George Burley is far from being that man.

Also, I'd like to take to task the man at the SFA who thought it would be a great idea to play a crucial World Cup qualifier before the season has even started.

Our game is being run by numbskulls of the highest order.

Metalattakk
13-Aug-09, 00:24
England will qualify, the media will hype them up to the hilt, then slag the ref off when they get knocked out. Again.

Fixed your typo. ;)

Kevin Milkins
13-Aug-09, 08:54
ye can't make a new silk purse out of an auld sow's ear.

You are correct Rheg's, you can't make a silk purse out of an old sow's ear, and it was an over used quote when I was coaching rugby, however as an optomist I used to reply " yes, but you can make a very nice purse out of an old sow's ear, does it have to be silk?".

I have never followed the football and would certainly not like to be the man in charge.

tonkatojo
13-Aug-09, 09:35
Tonight we were in control until Caldwell was sent off - and he shouldn't have been. Yes he committed two yellow card offenses, but Risse (or whatever his name is) committed about half-a-dozen.

We keep on being tought lessons off better teams but we never learn.

bettedaviseyes
13-Aug-09, 09:51
Scotland are rubbish they cant play the kind of football other teams are playing we dont had good enough players for a start :roll: dont get me wrong i would love for us to get to the world cup but it is not going to happen last nights game was terrible.

Invisible
13-Aug-09, 13:58
It was a depleted squad which didn't help matters. I don't think we are going to get through to the World Cup because we would still have to play a play-off (as best placed runner up) with no doubt a much better side than Norway. (no offence to you Norwegians)

I want Burley to go so KB can get back in the action. Anyone know where Berti Vogts is these days?

hotrod4
13-Aug-09, 14:19
Thought it was a very dis-jointed performance.
no point blaming the ref.Caldwell as a "Seasoned professional" should know that when you get booked you keep your head down and avoid any future flashpoints, but no he goes and tugs Carew's shirt in full view of the ref within 60 secs!!! like DUH!:roll:
I think we do have some players who are good enough but as they always say "your only as good as your weakest link".
I think we can still make it but not until Mr Burley realises that playing Miller up front on his own doesnt work if theres no service. Play McCormack,Miller and Mcfadden together with fletcher pulling the strings in Midfield and maybe we have a chance.

Invisible
13-Aug-09, 17:16
Thought it was a very dis-jointed performance.
no point blaming the ref.Caldwell as a "Seasoned professional" should know that when you get booked you keep your head down and avoid any future flashpoints, but no he goes and tugs Carew's shirt in full view of the ref within 60 secs!!! like DUH!:roll:
I think we do have some players who are good enough but as they always say "your only as good as your weakest link".
I think we can still make it but not until Mr Burley realises that playing Miller up front on his own doesnt work if theres no service. Play McCormack,Miller and Mcfadden together with fletcher pulling the strings in Midfield and maybe we have a chance.

Carew was also pulling Caldwell Jnr's shirt and was on a yellow card