PDA

View Full Version : Mr Cardossi, I`m sorry

Royster1911
26-Mar-06, 12:40
I`m sorry for going to the Central for my lunch yesterday with my wife. We were obviously an inconveniance to the staff. The menu`s were THROWN onto the 2 seat table which sent the salt and pepper flying. Not so much as a sorry for being so rude/ignorant. In the middle of our lunch the same person decided to move another table to a different location. I could see that it would have to be lifted slightly to clear our table but no, she just dragged the table and hit ours sending a glass of wine flying. An apology did emit from her this time. Too little too late. To be fair, the service was good and the food was fine although served by a different person, thank goodness. I didnt fancy wearing fish and chips. Was I just unlucky or is this a problem with other diners?

saxovtr
26-Mar-06, 12:50
not just u,u sound lucky you werent wearing your food and drink lol you know better next time then eh.sorry ti hear about it tho,i went in once im not bothering going back.

Moby
26-Mar-06, 13:07
We have been going to the Central for 20 years and we have never had anything like that happen to us - We have to admit that we have not been that often over the last year. All we can think is they must have a "Newby" working there. Knowing the Cardosis we are fairly sure that they would be less than chuffed to say the least if they knew a member of staff were treating their customers this way for no reason. Best idea would be to ask for her name and put in a complaint - people like this should realise there is no place for them in bar work.

Royster1911
26-Mar-06, 13:23
I also have been going there for the last umpteen years. I have never experienced anything like it before. I dont want to report the person as I dont like to make a fuss and she could just have had a bad day as most of us do

2little2late
26-Mar-06, 14:17
Have you complained to Mr. Cardosi in person? Maybe if you did he could sort the problem. After all, if they don't get told about these issues then how are they supposed to be resolved?

the original ducky
26-Mar-06, 14:20
i would have to say that i go to the central quite often and have never had anything like that thankfully! hope the next visit is better.

Royster1911
26-Mar-06, 14:20
Point taken 2little2late. I will persue it. Many thanks

obiron
26-Mar-06, 15:16
its fine in there keeps youngest occupied for a while. the last time i was in one of the kids spilt juice and i was cleaning it up and wiped a bit on the floor (we were in the booths) lifted up the cloth and it was black and i mean black. the lassie behind the bar gave me a funny look when i handed back the manky cloth.

Royster1911
26-Mar-06, 16:16
This was taken out as a general thread. My unfortunate experience on the day. What about service in other resturants/ cafes. Good or bad. SPEAK NOW

The Pepsi Challenge
26-Mar-06, 16:31
I, and my family, have been lining Cardosi's pockets for years. Once upon a time my folks asked him for a bag of ice, as we were all heading back to a party. After all the years of spending our money within his establishments, we thought he would be kind enough to show some grace. But nah, he wasn't for doing it. I'll still be going back to drink in Top Joes, though. I'm a slave.

scotsboy
26-Mar-06, 16:42
I have to ask the motivation for posting this as to me it does not make any sense. You highlight the bad service on a message board but will not complain directly to the owner/manager who can rectify the situation?
I too have spent a bob or two in their establishments, I however decided enough was enough for a period when they went through their “green” phase - I see that common sense has now prevailed and the place is back to something akin to normality.
You seem to have been very unlucky Pepsi – I have been at several soirées where Brian has provided Ice, glasses and even DRINK! I can’t fault the guy for that.

The Pepsi Challenge
26-Mar-06, 17:36
It was a very convincing "no" from Mr. Cardosi, I'm afraid to say, scotsboy. Expected better from him to be honest.

golach
26-Mar-06, 19:52
I have to ask the motivation for posting this as to me it does not make any sense. You highlight the bad service on a message board but will not complain directly to the owner/manager who can rectify the situation?
I too have spent a bob or two in their establishments, I however decided enough was enough for a period when they went through their “green” phase - I see that common sense has now prevailed and the place is back to something akin to normality.
You seem to have been very unlucky Pepsi – I have been at several soirées where Brian has provided Ice, glasses and even DRINK! I can’t fault the guy for that.
My wife and I stayed in the St Clair last Easter, the first time I had been home for many years, and Brian had just taken over there......he was the perfect host...his staff were fantastic....our weekend was great......and I agree scotsboy.....if I had been treated like that in Top Joes I would be asking for the management before I paid my bill

Royster1911
26-Mar-06, 20:23
Thanks for your input Scotsboy. The reason for the thread was to get feedback from people as to their experience of the place. I am not out to harm/destroy peoples working relationships with there employers but to highlight the problems that are experienced by diners. This is an area for letting off steam and I am taking the chance to do just that. No harm ment to anyone. No-one gets sacked.

Jeid
27-Mar-06, 01:54
My work place under criticism. Speak to the boss if you have a problem, he's usually quite good about this sort of problem. Mind you, tracking the man down could be a bit of a problem. I'm sure the waitress was having a bad day. They're usually quite nice.

But Pepsi... he charged for ice? My god.... I could make a fortune for him with the amount of ice I've given people! New Year is a prime example!

ice box
27-Mar-06, 02:21
My work place under criticism. Speak to the boss if you have a problem, he's usually quite good about this sort of problem. Mind you, tracking the man down could be a bit of a problem. I'm sure the waitress was having a bad day. They're usually quite nice.

But Pepsi... he charged for ice? My god.... I could make a fortune for him with the amount of ice I've given people! New Year is a prime example!
Sound's to me that someone is the bosses pet... lol

The Pepsi Challenge
27-Mar-06, 09:47

Charge us? No, he wouldn't even do that. We've grown up with the Cardosis and I expected a simple request to be accepted. Just like said waitress, maybe he was having a bad day, too. But it was hard to tell.

saxovtr
27-Mar-06, 11:39
i was there for my first time and i just didnt like it at all,wil not be going back!!! customer service training shud be mandatory for jobs like that,when people are facing the public!! throwing stuff on a table just isnt rite!!! more comments bad mouthing these places and the takeaways wil all off a sudden get busier!![lol]

willowbankbear
27-Mar-06, 11:54
Well everytime Ive been there, Ive had no complaints. Saxo, when were ye there? [lol] Did ye go to play on the bouncy castle, and it wasnt on?

Chillie
27-Mar-06, 12:12
i was there for my first time and i just didnt like it at all,wil not be going back!!! customer service training shud be mandatory for jobs like that,when people are facing the public!! throwing stuff on a table just isnt rite!!! more comments bad mouthing these places and the takeaways wil all off a sudden get busier!![lol]

Have you had a lot of exprience in this trade?obviously not, well I have for many years, no amount of training can make you have a polite friendly mannner towards the customer, if she had a bad day she should of left it at home, she would not last long working under me.:mad:

Jeid
27-Mar-06, 13:29
Everyone has their different views on what good customer service is.

Leaving a bad day at home isn't that easy. You could be having a perfectly fine day, then nothing goes your way at work. Its quite easy to forget where you are, and before you know it, it seems like the world is against you.

saxovtr
27-Mar-06, 23:29
but they dont even get customer service training working there,i did 2weeks training!!!

Jeid
27-Mar-06, 23:40
And how the hell would you know? Do you work/have you worked in the central? No!

outsider
03-Apr-06, 17:21
I think that he could do with some new staff. There are quite a few young ones and Yvonne is not that great.