PDA

View Full Version : 12 year old boy seeks new friends...

Tilly Teckel
10-Aug-09, 16:58
Hi,

Don't mean to make him sound desperate [smirk] but my son is on the look-out for some mates. We're just moved up from Wales and are staying just outside Lybster. Keiran will be starting Wick High (1st year) next week and would love to meet a couple of the local kids before his first day. He's a great kid, well-behaved and well-mannered; just waiting til he reaches his teens to see if all that changes!:roll: He's into computers, games consoles, golf and fishing and is missing his mates back in Wales. If any-one can help please PM or give me a call on 01593 721481.

Thanks! :)
Lesley

porshiepoo
10-Aug-09, 18:15
Hi,

Don't mean to make him sound desperate [smirk] but my son is on the look-out for some mates. We're just moved up from Wales and are staying just outside Lybster. Keiran will be starting Wick High (1st year) next week and would love to meet a couple of the local kids before his first day. He's a great kid, well-behaved and well-mannered; just waiting til he reaches his teens to see if all that changes!:roll: He's into computers, games consoles, golf and fishing and is missing his mates back in Wales. If any-one can help please PM or give me a call on 01593 721481.

Thanks! :)
Lesley

Hi there,

Glad to see you all made it up here safely.
Hope you enjoy your time here, you'll love it, Lybster is a nice quiet place to live - especially if you live on the outskirts as we do. lol.

I don't really know kids your sons age as both mine are girls and are now 18 but I hope you have some luck in your search.

Tilly Teckel
10-Aug-09, 18:18
Thanks porshiepoo. We're loving it so far; even got a few chickens already! Keiran is enjoying it too - he's out fishing at the moment with David - but to make a couple of buddies would make him even happier. ;)

Alice in Blunderland
10-Aug-09, 19:19
You can always throw him out at Thrumster if your passing as there are a few here of that age . :Razz

Does he like football as there is a football team in Lybster although they may be on holiday just now. :confused

Tilly Teckel
10-Aug-09, 20:12
Noticed Thrumster has a nice park but never seen any kids there - maybe we're passing at the wrong times?! He doesn't mind footie, he's not the best but has a go. I'm sure once he starts school he'll find out about loads of things going on but at the mo he's just worried about not knowing anyone on his first day...

Alice in Blunderland
10-Aug-09, 20:14
What class is he going into or do you not know?

My sisters son is twelve and is going into first year along with two other boys in the village if that's any help.

Tilly Teckel
10-Aug-09, 20:20
What class is he going into or do you not know?

My sisters son is twelve and is going into first year along with two other boys in the village if that's any help.
I've got to ring the school this week to sort out all the paperwork and hopefully will find out which class he's in then. We'll be passing Thrumster tomorrow at around 11ish if the lads will be about then and they don't mind hanging out with a 'newbie' for a while?

freyalass
10-Aug-09, 22:35
Whereabouts are you around Lybster? May be able to help.

Tilly Teckel
10-Aug-09, 23:30
Whereabouts are you around Lybster? May be able to help.
On the Achavanich Road, a couple of miles outside of the village.

Alice in Blunderland
11-Aug-09, 08:00
I've got to ring the school this week to sort out all the paperwork and hopefully will find out which class he's in then. We'll be passing Thrumster tomorrow at around 11ish if the lads will be about then and they don't mind hanging out with a 'newbie' for a while?

Sorry I am in Inverness today getting specs for son. I am around the rest of the week if you want pm me and I can arrange something. The more faces he knows the better I have two in the high school older than him but my sisters son is the same age.

Tilly Teckel
11-Aug-09, 09:38
Sorry I am in Inverness today getting specs for son. I am around the rest of the week if you want pm me and I can arrange something. The more faces he knows the better I have two in the high school older than him but my sisters son is the same age.
Thanks, maybe we can arrange something for Thurs/Fri? Just let me know and he'll be there!

fifi trixibelle
11-Aug-09, 10:26
awhhh,
there is a few boys in the Dunbeath area that im sure will be starting the high school next week think they hang about the play park in dunbeath playing footie or whatever else they do,also they'll be possibly sharing the school transport.
Good luck in the search!!

weeboyagee
11-Aug-09, 13:48
Ach - I know how he feels - I'm just back from Wales and I'm missing my mates there already! Diolch yn fawr!

Hwyl

WBG :cool:

Tilly Teckel
11-Aug-09, 13:48
awhhh,
there is a few boys in the Dunbeath area that im sure will be starting the high school next week think they hang about the play park in dunbeath playing footie or whatever else they do,also they'll be possibly sharing the school transport.
Good luck in the search!!
Thanks - he'll be the most popular boy in school at this rate!

Tilly Teckel
11-Aug-09, 13:50
Ach - I know how he feels - I'm just back from Wales and I'm missing my mates there already! Diolch yn fawr!

Hwyl

WBG :cool:
Prynhawn da i chi! Ydych chi'n cymro te? Neis fawr i sairad i chi!!

(Good afternoon to you! Are you a Welshman then? Very nice to speak to you!!)

supernova
11-Aug-09, 19:11
Dwi'n falch iawn I gweld pobol yn siarad cymraeg ar yr org, dwi ddim yn cael cyfle i siarad cymraeg ers symyd lan i Caithness 3 blwyddyn yn ol ac dwi ddim yn moen anghofio'r iaith. O ble ydych chi wedi symyd?

Tilly Teckel
11-Aug-09, 20:18
O Goed-duon (Blackwood) yn y Dde, tua dauddeg fil o Gaerdydd. Dwi'n hapus iawn i fyw yn Caithness nawr - mae hi'n lawer'n dawelach! Neis fawr i siarad cymraeg ar yr org, ond dwi ddim yn llwyr'n rhugl, dim ond ddysgwr (neu ddysgrwrais??)!

jac1791
11-Aug-09, 22:06
hi my son starting 1st year next week, he is going into 1m2, my daughter is going into 2nd year, her mates live in Lybster and they both go out there, my daughter more than my son but both always willing to meet new friends.

Tilly Teckel
12-Aug-09, 00:29
hi my son starting 1st year next week, he is going into 1m2, my daughter is going into 2nd year, her mates live in Lybster and they both go out there, my daughter more than my son but both always willing to meet new friends.
Great, thanks! If you want to PM or call to let me know when they'll be about in the village I'll drag the boyo off his laptop and get him down there!!

weeboyagee
12-Aug-09, 14:25
Prynhawn da i chi! Ydych chi'n cymro te? Neis fawr i sairad i chi!!

(Good afternoon to you! Are you a Welshman then? Very nice to speak to you!!)

Sumai!!

Prynhawn Da

Halo agus fàilte gu Gallaibh! Cho crìdheil ‘s cho càirdeal sa tha sinn!!!!

The latter being the welcome I would normally give you, the former being what I learned when I was down in your country last week amongst all the Welsh friends I met in Ireland earlier this year! You'll be glad to know there's a whole load of the Welsh visiting next year at some point! In the meantime, the translation - welcome to Caithness - heartful and friendly as we folks are!

WBG - short for WEEBEEGEEBEE (Welsh for Weeboyagee - ask Kevin Milkins!) :cool:

fifi trixibelle
14-Aug-09, 11:43
a chara
cead meile failte
CA BHFUIL TU;)

fifi trixibelle
14-Aug-09, 11:47
sumai!!

Prynhawn da

halo agus fàilte gu gallaibh! Cho crìdheil ‘s cho càirdeal sa tha sinn!!!!

The latter being the welcome i would normally give you, the former being what i learned when i was down in your country last week amongst all the welsh friends i met in ireland earlier this year! You'll be glad to know there's a whole load of the welsh visiting next year at some point! In the meantime, the translation - welcome to caithness - heartful and friendly as we folks are!

Wbg - short for weebeegeebee (welsh for weeboyagee - ask kevin milkins!) :cool:think you need the help of your irish friends to help you translate that again,where they from galway by any chance;)

Stavro
14-Aug-09, 16:24
Hello and welcome to the Far North. :)