PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone remember The Family Farquhars

highland visitor
10-Aug-09, 16:29
Hi,
I was just wonderting if anyone on here knew my mums family,
her parents were Bill & Jean Farquhar, who lived on Kennedy Terrace & later Murchinson St in Wick,
my mum is Cathy Faruhar, who is one of 21 siblings!
most have either since sadly passed on or are living down here in the south (Manchester Area's)
I know we still have relatives living in the area & are intouch with a couple but i'm sure theres bound to be more that i dont know:lol:
I do manage to get mum back 'home' every now & then & it would be great if i could find pps she remembers!

Alice in Blunderland
10-Aug-09, 20:19
My dads not a Farquhar but he is from Kennedy Terrace one of Stick Bremners clan if that means anything to her.:)

highland visitor
10-Aug-09, 20:26
Hi
Yes she remembers the name:D

My dads not a Farquhar but he is from Kennedy Terrace one of Stick Bremners clan if that means anything to her.:)

bettedaviseyes
10-Aug-09, 20:41
my grandad is a farquhar george farquhar and lived at that side of town your talking about he and his brothers and sisters moved down south many years ago he passed away now i think there is only one brother left alive i must ask my mum if its the same farquhar family you are on about.

Tighsonas4
10-Aug-09, 20:47
yes i think i knew the wull farquar you mean, him and lal henderson moved to the manchester area,there was so many wickers followed on that used to say that the coppers called the place little wick [lol]
dont know if theres any desendants around or not tony

highland visitor
10-Aug-09, 20:52
my grandad is a farquhar george farquhar and lived at that side of town your talking about he and his brothers and sisters moved down south many years ago he passed away now i think there is only one brother left alive i must ask my mum if its the same farquhar family you are on about.

would your mum be called Christine by any chance?
My uncle George has paased away now, but theres still 4 brothers alive..

highland visitor
10-Aug-09, 20:53
yes i think i knew the wull farquar you mean, him and lal henderson moved to the manchester area,there was so many wickers followed on that used to say that the coppers called the place little wick [lol]
dont know if theres any desendants around or not tony

[lol] yep its the same family, & yes Lal Hendersons family moved here too:D

jock leith
10-Aug-09, 23:22
Hi I lived in Kennedy Ter from 1952 until we moved to Owen Place in 1960 We lived with my Granny who was Bella Christie (Harper) .We lived in No 11.I think your family lived about half way up the street ???I now live in NZ but have great memories of Kennedy which was a great area to grow up in .
Regards John Leith.

highland visitor
11-Aug-09, 09:07
Hi John,
Thanks for replying, it sounds like you also have fond memories of the time growing up on Kennedy T.
They lived at no 27 before moving no 55 thren onto to Murchinson:)