PDA

View Full Version : Online Personas

Saveman
25-Mar-06, 18:19
How are you different from your online persona?

Maybe you are who you are..... but perhaps you're not.

Maybe DW is a softie catlover! Maybe Golach is a 16 year old computer-programming geek!
Maybe Rheghead is...er......a woman? ;)
Maybe DrSzin is bald 3ft dwarf (not that there is anything wrong with that!)
Maybe (I could go on and on....:)) Landmarker is a 25 year old law student!

Maybe not!

I'll start us off...........I can't shoot lasers out of my eyes. Sorry to disappoint.

canuck
25-Mar-06, 18:24
Saveman - I am exactly who I say I am. So, from my straightforward nature, I ask, what are you doing on c.org when you are moving in a week? Shouldn't you be packing? :)

Saveman
25-Mar-06, 18:26
Saveman - I am exactly who I say I am. So, from my straightforward nature, I ask, what are you doing on c.org when you are moving in a week? Shouldn't you be packing? :)

Shhhh.....;)

I've done a lot of packing today.....just having a rest. :D

canuck
25-Mar-06, 18:32
Shhhh.....;)

Hhmmm... Let's see..... Is that parody, conspiracy or an opportunity for a little blackmail?

crashbandicoot1979
25-Mar-06, 20:17
I think my persona online is similar to my "real life" persona....except that a few people on here think I'm a bloke ;)

acameron
25-Mar-06, 20:20
How are you different from your online persona?

Maybe you are who you are..... but perhaps you're not.

Maybe DW is a softie catlover! Maybe Golach is a 16 year old computer-programming geek!

Spot on.........

porshiepoo
25-Mar-06, 20:22
I'm whatever you want me to be!!

Oddquine
25-Mar-06, 22:19
In real life, I'm shy, even introverted http://www.oddquine.co.uk/emoticons/peepwall.gif ....but opinionated and pedantic when I feel comfortable....the net allows me to be me with the benefit of immediate and permanent comfortableness! http://www.oddquine.co.uk/emoticons/sunglasses2.gif

http://www.oddquine.co.uk/emoticons/sorry.gif

landmarker
25-Mar-06, 22:54
I'm a bit irascible I suppose. Never moody though 'cause I'm nearly always the same.
Thoughtful, quite serious & argumentative sometimes but am seldom rude first. Fairly confident. Old enough not to worry about the way I look anymore.

Apart from that I'm all sunshine and do like a laugh - 'onest!

gleeber
25-Mar-06, 23:01
I'm a bit irascible and am seldom rude first.
Landmarker, One of these days your going to be converted by one of your own posts lol
As for me, I'm not Gleber2.

landmarker
25-Mar-06, 23:03
Landmarker, One of these days your going to be converted by one of your own posts lol
I do tend to get you mixed up!
I like both of you though, if that's any consolation.
Maybe not lol.

Rheghead
25-Mar-06, 23:13
In real life, I am meek and mild, never gobby, enjoy a drink with friends. If I disagree with someone then I usually keep it to myself and never think ill of that person for holding a difference of opinion.:o)

MadPict
25-Mar-06, 23:20
What is this "reel lyfe" you talk of - is it a local thing?

canuck
25-Mar-06, 23:21
In real life, I am meek and mild, never gobby, enjoy a drink with friends. If I disagree with someone then I usually keep it to myself and never think ill of that person for holding a difference of opinion.:o)

Whoever the real "you" is, you made it as the answer to one of the questions on the pick-up quiz we had today. Nothing malicious, all very respectful.

Gleber2
25-Mar-06, 23:23

If there is indeed a deity in the heavens then I thank him for the fact that I'm not Gleeber.

As for myself, I think I'm multiphrenic and can be anyone I want therefore my Org persona changes according to the person I am answering.

If Golach is a sixteenyear old geek, then he should lay off that new amphetamine that makes people age too rapidly.LOL

sjwahwah
26-Mar-06, 00:06
I'm shyer online.

erli
26-Mar-06, 20:17
Online I maybe come across as shy, in real life I'm not.
I am intensely competitive, practical and sometimes very selfish. I am also very sensitive, pedantic[smirk] and moody but that is the artist in me I think.

WeeBurd
26-Mar-06, 20:53
I'm quite literally a wee burd, hence the name!

I like a laugh... I avoid any discussions which are too heavy for my liking, yet will speak out if I feel passionately/strongly about something... the way I write is pretty much the way I talk, whether that's good or bad?!?

landmarker
26-Mar-06, 21:04
I'm quite literally a wee burd, hence the name!

I like a laugh... I avoid any discussions which are too heavy for my liking, yet will speak out if I feel passionately/strongly about something... the way I write is pretty much the way I talk, whether that's good or bad?!?

...yes, an interesting point actually. I do not speak like I write. I'm much more coherent and articulate on paper <he said> My spoken voice is not deep enough for my liking - though it's hardly falsetto - and I can only speak with gravitas if I give it some extra effort. Confessions eh? I think me voice is the only thing I'd change - apart from the arthritis.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
26-Mar-06, 21:11
I am as my user name says Cedric.It makes me look like Frank Spencer as Chillie once infamously said.I type wi' ma Ayrshire accent it has nothin' to dae wi bad grammar or spelling.I feel if I belther in this way,then ye all on the org. if ye ever met me would say,"Man ye sound just like ye dae on the org."In my eyes this wid be a guid thing.

The best thing that I have found out on the org. since I have started blethering is I thought ye were all strangers but some of ye are not.In fact it was one of girnigoe's bairns that said when I first came to Wick that I looked like Sylvester Stallone.:lol: :lol:

Willowbankbear has the exact same humour on the org. as he(not SHE as Gleber2 thinks),has in his normal day.

For the rest o' ma orger pals,maybe we know each other maybe we don't,but I honestly don't think through reading all the posts that theirs a bad one among us.We might have differences of opinion,but hey, thats life!!!!!:lol: :lol: