PDA

View Full Version : le grand bleu

the_count
08-Aug-09, 21:11
Spotted "le grand blu" just anchoring off john o groats at around 3:30 this afternoon. for those in the know it was the playtoy of the owner of chelsea Roman Abromovich although i think he gave it to a friend lol all right for those that can afford to run the worlds largest private yacht along with those little neccesary toys (helicopter motor launch sailing yacht plus anything else you could think of for playing about in water). Took loads of pictures including a shot of a rotary press boxed on the pier waiting to get picked up (old one must have given up the ghost) so will try and remember to post em on here at a later date when i catagorise em

Mik.M.
08-Aug-09, 21:54
It must be terrible having friends who give you multi million pound yachts as gifts. Poor man!

northener
08-Aug-09, 22:08
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Grand_Bleu_(yacht)

Still off Groats at 21:45...maybe they were at the Orkney Show?

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
09-Aug-09, 08:44
left last night around Ten thirty ..... lovely boat..... got some pics too - looked it up on AIS shipping.....

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
09-Aug-09, 08:45
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Grand_Bleu_(yacht)

Still off Groats at 21:45...maybe they were at the Orkney Show?

good guess but it came from further North by the look of the tracking on AIS

Gene Hunt
09-Aug-09, 08:47
Maybe he is thinking of buying Wick Academy to sit alongside Chelsea in the portfolio.

R9Sh13ld532
09-Aug-09, 09:43
she is now on her way down to inverness

northener
09-Aug-09, 14:56
All is revealed.....

Looks like things are a bit tight, even for Footie-club owning billionaires.

I found out that he'd come up to send a press gang ashore to 'press' Groats First Eleven into playing for Chelsea.......

The press gang hasn't been seen since they went into the Seaview.:eek:

webmannie
09-Aug-09, 16:53
Ok, ok, me and Eugene went on the peev, we were in The Comm, Thurso and then Castle Arms Mey on the way back.

weeksider
09-Aug-09, 17:58
Maybe they were @ the MEY Games as Guests of the Duke of Rothesay

bodach
09-Aug-09, 17:59
Anchored off Chanonry point this afternoon - doing a bit of dolphin watching maybe.

weeksider
09-Aug-09, 23:09
Maybe spying on ICT Players @ training

weeksider
16-Aug-09, 20:46
I see she is back sailing north [off Arbroath] and coming to Wick 17th Aug 0700 on AIS Site saying this :lol:

northener
16-Aug-09, 20:49
I see she is back sailing north [off Arbroath] and coming to Wick 17th Aug 0700 on AIS Site saying this :lol:

The press gang must have finally sobered up and escaped from the Seaview, then.:Razz

wickscorrie
16-Aug-09, 22:11
wonder if i could stow away just for a week or two, think i could enjoy that

catran
16-Aug-09, 22:40
Are they planning selling Stroma to them?

peedie man
17-Aug-09, 07:14
i see the big yacht in wick bay this morning

Douglas Cowie
17-Aug-09, 10:12
Just sitting looking at it just now, it's some boat; it has it's own helicopter plus a yacht and a cabin cruiser on deck. The smaller yacht it's self is as big as anything I've seen in Wick Marina.
Apparently Le Grande Bleu is one of the worlds biggest privately owned yachts at 370 feet long, Roman Abramovich recently gifted it to his business partner Eugene Shvidler.

Loch not Lock
17-Aug-09, 10:50
I am relaxing on said yacht at this moment. My Sat Nav is up the spout again - I should be in Cagnes not Wick. Help please.

Phill
17-Aug-09, 11:30
I am relaxing on said yacht at this moment. My Sat Nav is up the spout again - I should be in Cagnes not Wick. Help please.

I know the feeling, Sat Nav's just not what it was. However aboard my little boat the Eclipse I have found a solution to erroneous Sat Navs, I just flog the driver more.

Doesn't solve the problem but it it makes me feel better

:eek:

Cagnes is just soooo last season anyway!

weeksider
17-Aug-09, 12:58
Douglas thanks for info but here's more on Yacht
It has about 50 crew
A 55ft Sailing boat onboard and a 50 ft Cruiser boat plus it's own Helicopter .
Saw it land on it this morning whilst out taking about 30 photos of yacht this morning in the heavy rain showers.
It is rumoured to be onroute to Shetland.

Messi10
17-Aug-09, 13:13
i see the big yacht in wick bay this morning

http://i27.tinypic.com/6ds9yh.jpg

Phill
17-Aug-09, 14:17

I just sent up one of my small Global Express Jets with a new Sat Nav for you.

Your chopper's a bit small innit!

:lol:

Loch not Lock
17-Aug-09, 14:23
I just sent up one of my small Global Express Jets with a new Sat Nav for you.

Your chopper's a bit small innit!

Thanks Phill. The cheque's in the post. Hope Roubles are O.K.

Phill
17-Aug-09, 14:37
Thanks Phill. The cheque's in the post. Hope Roubles are O.K.

CHEQUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN THE POST!!!!!!!!!

I've been done!

ANNIE
17-Aug-09, 14:42
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9527/1000595c.jpg (http://img10.imageshack.us/i/1000595c.jpg/)http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/1000595c.jpg/1/w800.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img10/1000595c.jpg/1/)

johnlc
17-Aug-09, 14:49
in my house in papigoe,seeing it leavin now,what a size of boat

Phill
17-Aug-09, 15:08
in my house in papigoe,seeing it leavin now,what a size of boat

Pah! Tiddler.

This is a boat:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/06/12/article-0-05523E53000005DC-286_964x340_popup.jpg

It's a bit embarrassing really, at 557ft it's a tad awkward to get into Lybster Harbour with!

shamrock2007
17-Aug-09, 16:30
Jeepers i was in love with the blue one now i've seen the white one!!!! [lol] Amazing, aye its a real beauty, imagine sitting back onboard with your champers :lol:

George Brims
17-Aug-09, 17:52
A few years ago we were down at Ventura Harbour in California when this huge black yacht came in. It was called the Serengeti, and belonged to Johnny CArson, the late night talk show host. It wasn't as big as either of those but it was certainly a very bonny boat.

Who owns the blue one? I see references to rubles so I'm guessing some Russian oligarch? Why is it there? Is it for the fishing?

Kevin Milkins
17-Aug-09, 18:56
I did have a go at taking a few photos, but none of the quality of the above.:(
I did a short video clip.
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/kevinmilkins/th_LeGrandeBleu.jpg (http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/kevinmilkins/?action=view&current=LeGrandeBleu.flv)

domino
17-Aug-09, 19:41
Nice one Kevin.Well done

northener
17-Aug-09, 20:28
Are they planning selling Stroma to them?

Yup, that's what my insider told me.;)

northener
17-Aug-09, 20:32

Who owns the blue one? I see references to rubles so I'm guessing some Russian oligarch?

It's owned by Lord Thurso.

joxville
17-Aug-09, 22:22
It's owned by Lord Thurso.
Allegedly he's buying Chelsea FC and renaming Stamford Bridge, it's going to be called Caithness Bridge to pay homage to his roots.

Anne x
18-Aug-09, 00:15
Can anyone explain to me the extraordinary fascination by this boat thingie !!! ok nice to look at but does it affect your life apart from looking at it
How some people live are they any the better for it

I personally would prefer to look at pics of local fishing boats or the lifeboat or some inshore coble which would be exciting

joxville
18-Aug-09, 00:31
Those getting excited about it are the type of people who point at planes in the sky. :roll:

Anne x
18-Aug-09, 00:42
when not travelling in them I assume me I would prefer the tardis or Gill Air :D

Kevin Milkins
18-Aug-09, 00:51
Can anyone explain to me the extraordinary fascination by this boat thingie !!! ok nice to look at but does it affect your life apart from looking at it
How some people live are they any the better for it

I personally would prefer to look at pics of local fishing boats or the lifeboat or some inshore coble which would be exciting

Very good point indeed Anne x.

I was fascinated by this craft because everyone else whipped up a fascination for it.

It looked an impresive boat and everyone was taking photos of it so it must have been special.:eek:

When the price of such a boat was qouted I then realised that winning the lottery was not just enough so I felt a bit disapoitned.

When I sat and watched for a while I then thought " I don't like boats and get sea sick so why bother".:eek:

Anne x
18-Aug-09, 01:01
Very good point indeed Anne x.

I was fascinated by this craft because everyone else whipped up a fascination for it.

It looked an impresive boat and everyone was taking photos of it so it must have been special.:eek:

When the price of such a boat was qouted I then realised that winning the lottery was not just enough so I felt a bit disapoitned.

When I sat and watched for a while I then thought " I don't like boats and get sea sick so why bother".:eek:

lol kevin exactly a fascination we were the same when Brittania came and anchored in the bay year in year out nice to look at but never to sail on for the likes of joe public and look at her demise now a tourist attraction at Leith and looks so sad

Phill
18-Aug-09, 08:49
Those getting excited about it are the type of people who point at planes in the sky. :roll:

Oh 'ere we go.
Gonna have a right proper row now, Boat spotters v plane spotters!!

Do you even have half an idea of the magnitude of your insult to some???

Run joxville, run. You can't hide but you can run.

golach
18-Aug-09, 09:09

What have Trainspotters done to you? Jox, no mention of them :eek:

Phill
18-Aug-09, 10:45
What have Trainspotters done to you? Jox, no mention of them :eek:

Told you joxville, you have no idea what you've started.

northener
18-Aug-09, 10:48

Now that's just ridiculous Joxy, are you saying that there are people around here who get excited by simple things li.....

...oooh, look. A bus! A blue bus!

pat
19-Aug-09, 09:07
She is now sitting outside my house in the pouring rain at the entrance to Stornoway Harbour/Arnish - bigger than our ferries which have both passed.
Do you think we could change her for one of our ferries - sure the islanders would not complain at the exchange except where would their cars go?

joxville
19-Aug-09, 09:14
Oh 'ere we go.
Gonna have a right proper row now, Boat spotters v plane spotters!!

Do you even have half an idea of the magnitude of your insult to some???

Run joxville, run. You can't hide but you can run.

Do I care? Hmmm..........nope. :)

I think I'll hide, my running days are long gone. :(