PDA

View Full Version : "The Budget"

rs 2k
25-Mar-06, 15:33
What did u all make of it??

I missed it as i was at work, but i have heard of a few things, which by the sounds of things doesn't seem too bad

Fags up 9p on a pack of 20

Road tax changes

What else did i miss?????

No doubt it has been on the telly for days but i am always too busy to watch the telly :lol:

Stargazer
25-Mar-06, 16:01
No matter what you were doing it would have been much more interesting than the budget. It was a yawn-a-thon.

obiron
25-Mar-06, 16:13
not something to watch, read about it though on sky news active.

MadPict
25-Mar-06, 16:56
The Budget 2006 at a glance... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4832848.stm)

Fran
26-Mar-06, 02:37
nothing in the budget for disabled people, no extra heating allowance etc that the pensioners get. sick and disabled are forgotten as usual.

Chillie
26-Mar-06, 03:05
nothing in the budget for disabled people, no extra heating allowance etc that the pensioners get. sick and disabled are forgotten as usual.

Sick and diabled are far better of now than the working class has ever been , how many disability car's are now running around Wick, Ok, I might get ripped to bits about this but it makes me sick to see every new car being driven by a sponger who claim's they can't walk or not fit to work, yet they jump in and out of their new gleaming car's like a spring hare, then you see them washing their car's bending up and down to scrub the wheel's of thier car. Next you see them down the street with stick's and hobbiling about "oh my back" they say, Oh puick! I see them hobble into the post office and take out a wadd of cash counting it their hand's on the way out as if "they have been cheated" oh I wish[mad] [mad]

Fran
26-Mar-06, 03:23
Oh dear Oh dear....I do agree that SOME peoplebleed the system, i have seen it for myself, but the majority of people are genuine. They pay for their mobility cars with their disability allowance. Medical checks are very strict now to what it used to be.
But most people are disabled or terminally ill though they look perfectly well.People with cancer, heart disease, renal failure etc. even people with one leg or no legs who can walk so well with their artificial limbs. These people need their mobility cars or they would get nowhere as they can only walk a very short distance.
Its these people who need extra heating for instance, but they get no allowance for it as do the pensioners. A lot of pensioners have part-time jobs, even full-time jobs and get the heating allowance, cold weather payments etc, and i just feel disabled people should get this too, especially people on renal dyalisis and patients who have terminal heart disease or cancer.

Chillie
26-Mar-06, 03:40
I am not saying that all those that are ill are at it, I know a few people who have applied for disability who really deserve it but they can not tell or write down the lie's they need to get what, other's that do get, you know as well as me who are milking the system, those that need it deserve it and those that don't let's hope they walk or hobble in better next time they get assessed by the DHSS Doc.

JAWS
26-Mar-06, 03:55
I'm glad to see there are so many Medical Experts around. I can't understand why there was so much trouble filling local Medical Positions.there should have been plenty of applicants.

Chillie
26-Mar-06, 04:06
I'm glad to see there are so many Medical Experts around. I can't understand why there was so much trouble filling local Medical Positions.there should have been plenty of applicants.

I know a faker when I see one[smirk]

JAWS
26-Mar-06, 05:39
I know several very sick people who have been called fakers simply because they do not make a fuss about how ill they are.

All illnesses do not outwardly display themselves for the benefit of others. Neither do some people make a display to attract sympathy when they are in severe and constant pain.
It's not only damage to legs which make people unable to get around without difficulty.

Chillie
26-Mar-06, 09:37
No,no ,no you'er taking the wrong end of the stick, those whom you are speaking about have all my sympathy, it's all those who go around town one day ok then the next 4-5 weeks jumping about untill the next Dr's appointment then claiming to be sick that's who I am getting at.

krieve
26-Mar-06, 12:09
I know a few of them Chillie! but i also know a few people who are genuine. But for the ones that have nothing wrong with them that's what really annoys me.