PDA

View Full Version : Phobia: Clowns

Rheghead
25-Jul-09, 22:01
My Mrs has a deep phobia of clowns. Most folk find them funny. [lol] I've bought a DVD of Killer Klowns From Outer Space, do you think it will kick her out of her phobia??

[lol]

butterfly
25-Jul-09, 22:07
My Mrs has a deep phobia of clowns. Most folk find them funny. [lol] I've bought a DVD of Killer Klowns From Outer Space, do you think it will kick her out of her phobia??

[lol]

I think it will have her running for the hills.............:eek:

Kodiak
25-Jul-09, 22:20
Before you let her see it I would suggest you find a good divorce solicitor. :D

sassylass
25-Jul-09, 22:20
I think it will be you who is kicked out of her phobia, if you insist she watch it. :eek:

teenybash
25-Jul-09, 22:33
OOOooo you are a naughty, naughty chap................[lol]

Rheghead
25-Jul-09, 22:36
these phobias are all in the mind, they don't mean owt!:lol:

Gene Hunt
25-Jul-09, 22:41
Make her watch "It" by Stephen King .. [evil]

Got to love Pennywise .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuLkQMQBZA4

Vistravi
25-Jul-09, 23:10
Oooohhhh you are naughty rheghead

Make her watch it i say. ;) just be on the look out for the silent treatment or missles coming your way[lol]

The best way to beat a phobia is to face it head on. My example of that is that i am terrifed of heights but i am going to do a sponspored sky dive hopefully in november or sometime next year. Doing it for the NSPCC and if doing something that means being in a place where i am terrified then what bigger drive to do it is there than for raising money to help abused children. :)

ciderally
25-Jul-09, 23:53
hate clowns myself....you and the video could well be "oot the door"

Moira
26-Jul-09, 00:14

Not to you, obviously. The mind is a powerful thing. I hope you don't live to regret your proposed "experiment".

I'm not a fan of clowns either so Mrs R has my deepest sympathy. I suspect this is a wind-up Rheghead, you wouldn't, you would not, you just so, absolutely would not ... ? Would you ? :confused

Sporran
26-Jul-09, 01:56
Not to you, obviously. The mind is a powerful thing. I hope you don't live to regret your proposed "experiment".

I'm not a fan of clowns either so Mrs R has my deepest sympathy. I suspect this is a wind-up Rheghead, you wouldn't, you would not, you just so, absolutely would not ... ? Would you ? :confused

Hopefully he's just clowning around with us, Moira! :eek:

honey
06-Aug-09, 16:05

[lol]

that film was one of the things that GAVE me my clown phobia!! dont do it!! (the other 2 being Pennywise and poltergeist)

Julia
06-Aug-09, 22:20
I really don't like clowns either but I wouldn't say I had a phobia, when they are on tomorrow night I'll be keeping my eyes shut ;)

Rheghead
06-Aug-09, 23:51
She saw the DVD and she thought it was very tame. Bit disappointed in her reaction. I'll get IT now.:evil

sweetpea
06-Aug-09, 23:54

Too true. My Phobia is sinking ships or boats out of water. I can't watch titanic because of it, thank goodness:lol:

Anne x
06-Aug-09, 23:57
you are refreshing if nothing else what no reaction !! shame

I hate clowns there white faces and red eyes all droopy and they soak you if you have the best seats and 95% of them die depressed sad souls even if they have a sunflower or daisy in there hat

northener
07-Aug-09, 00:44
hate clowns myself....you and the video could well be "oot the door"

So going to see 'Circus Berlin' is probably not top of your priorities at the moment.........

If you don't like clowns, I don't know how you put up with your next-door neighbour.:Razz

honey
07-Aug-09, 15:00
I really don't like clowns either but I wouldn't say I had a phobia, when they are on tomorrow night I'll be keeping my eyes shut ;)

I had to do that at the Take That concert, in one section of the show they sat on stage making themselves up as clowns, it was horrible!! :lol:

Gene Hunt
07-Aug-09, 15:45
I wonder just how many people have actually got a phobia about clowns and how many people just say they do.

Its like the "you just made me spit tea on my keyboard" comments I see on other websites where someone writes something funny. No one actually spits tea on their keyboard, they just say they do.

Its a fat guy in make up. Whats to be scared of ??

honey
07-Aug-09, 15:57
I wonder just how many people have actually got a phobia about clowns and how many people just say they do.

Its like the "you just made me spit tea on my keyboard" comments I see on other websites where someone writes something funny. No one actually spits tea on their keyboard, they just say they do.

Its a fat guy in make up. Whats to be scared of ??

they look EVIL.

I am terrified of them. I took my kids to macdobalds one day, and Ronald McDonald was there. I could feel my blood go cold and started to shake, and i KNOW its just a bloke dressed up.

Gene Hunt
07-Aug-09, 16:38
they look EVIL.

I am terrified of them. I took my kids to macdobalds one day, and Ronald McDonald was there. I could feel my blood go cold and started to shake, and i KNOW its just a bloke dressed up.

If you are terrified of clowns why did you chose to eat in the only fast food chain that has a clown as a marketing symbol ?? .. :lol:

honey
07-Aug-09, 17:46
If you are terrified of clowns why did you chose to eat in the only fast food chain that has a clown as a marketing symbol ?? .. :lol:

Im a mother of 2.. i dont "chose" McDonalds! ;)
serisouly, when i go to my local McDs, theres no pics of clowns about.... thankfully, hate the adverts though.

as i mentioned earlier, i love Take That, but i cant stand they video for their last single. I KNOW its them dressed up, but it just makes my skin crawl.

The folk at my work thinks its hilarious, and occassionally send me emails of clowns (usually pennywise) and wet themselves laughing at my reaction when i open it up....

I also have phobias of dentists and crocodiles. I know its rediculous, but i cant help it..

Gene Hunt
07-Aug-09, 18:08
I was just kidding Honey .. ;)

For some reason my girls like McDonalds as well even though they are 17, I personally am a Subway man myself. I cant stand the McDonalds clown as I think he is sinister, purely because he is always trying to entice kids in. He is second only to Capt Birds Eye as just plain creepy in my view.

Edit .. I hate Dentists as well. Ever since I watched "Marathon Man" the night before a root canal years ago.

honey
07-Aug-09, 18:16
sorry gene, i knew you were bing funny, was trying to be just as funny myself :lol:

He looks evil in the flesh, beleive me. My Mam was there to, and she hates clowns, so you had the 2 of us in a panic, and the kids loving every minute of it!

think i vaguely remember marathon man. But i got really embarrased when i took my son to see Finding Nemo at the cinema. There is a scene when you can hear the dentist drill, and i sat cowering in my seat. My son then shouted out quite loud

"dont worry mummy, its only a film, its not a real dentist" :eek:

Gene Hunt
07-Aug-09, 18:41
Oh look Honey .. dare you click on the attached image .. [evil]

Mik.M.
07-Aug-09, 18:45
Mr Hunt, You is nasty!! LOL

honey
07-Aug-09, 19:02
i didnt have too!!!! you just gave a 7 month pregnant woman a fright!!! :Razz

Gene Hunt
07-Aug-09, 19:38
i didnt have too!!!! you just gave a 7 month pregnant woman a fright!!! :Razz

Sorry. Didnt know you were Pregnant.

If it makes you feel any better the wife has just spotted my last post and has roundly slapped me on the back of the head, quickly followed by daughter one and daughter two.

You women and your solidarity .. [evil]

honey
07-Aug-09, 19:39
Sorry. Didnt know you were Pregnant.

If it makes you feel any better the wife has just spotted my last post and has roundly slapped me on the back of the head, quickly followed by daughter one and daughter two.

You women and your solidarity .. [evil]

yep, so you deserved the slaps :lol:

thank you wife, daughter 1 and daughter 2!!!!

Gene Hunt
07-Aug-09, 19:53
yep, so you deserved the slaps :lol:

thank you wife, daughter 1 and daughter 2!!!!

Women.

No sense of humour .. ;)

honey
07-Aug-09, 20:10
Women.

No sense of humour .. ;)

oh, we must.... we take husbands after all! :lol:

northener
08-Aug-09, 00:25
http://www.billythefish.com/mediac/400_0/media/Go~To~Sleep.jpg

Mik.M.
08-Aug-09, 21:52
Mr Northener,you is even worse than Mr Hunt. The poor lady will be going into labour!!!

Gene Hunt
09-Aug-09, 08:45
We are just trying to provide a de-sensitisation service. We just want to help.

Because attached is what can happen when pregnant woman eat in McDonalds too much. Go to Burger King instead and let your child become royalty.

honey
10-Aug-09, 18:22
you are bad bad men!!!!!;)

Gene Hunt
10-Aug-09, 19:53
you are bad bad men!!!!!;)

If it helps honey I have found what is without doubt the most evil clown in Britian today, click on the pic only if you feel you are truly brave enough. I warn you though .. its not a pretty sight.

highland visitor
10-Aug-09, 20:04
i dont really like clowns, I always think their laughing at me!:eek:

My big phobia is Snakes & Frogs..
even a picture of one has me coming out in a sweat, i end up having a nightmare:~(

honey
10-Aug-09, 20:20
If it helps honey I have found what is without doubt the most evil clown in Britian today, click on the pic only if you feel you are truly brave enough. I warn you though .. its not a pretty sight.

see, id say he looked to pathetic to be eveil, maybe a wannabe clown?? :Razz