PDA

View Full Version : Cheap shopping

joxville
25-Jul-09, 11:26
The lady in this video (http://www.snotr.com/video/2904) shows how much can be saved by using discount coupons when shopping. Although it's in America I think it could be possible to make big savings in this country. I've never used coupons when shopping but maybe it's time I started and stopped giving up my hard-earned cash so freely.

Kodiak
25-Jul-09, 11:44
Coupon Clipping as it is known in the USA is a very good idea. The only problem is that here in Scotland there are very very few Magazines or newspapers that have any coupons to clip.

You might get one or two through your letterbox but I find that the greatest percentage of these are for products that are of no use to me at all.

If I get a coupon that I can use I do so but there is never enough of them to amke much diference in my shopping bill.

So until more money off coupons are made available we will never get to the stage of what it is in the USA. :(

Venture
25-Jul-09, 11:52
The Daily Mail today has coupons to be used at Tescos.

Kodiak
25-Jul-09, 11:53
The Daily Mail today has coupons to be used at Tescos.

Thanks for that info, Daily Mail is not a paper I would normally buy but I might just change as it might be worth it.

ShelleyCowie
25-Jul-09, 18:41
I get alot of coupons for baby stuff, like £2 off nappies or money off milk and other foods. I always use them. Every little helps! :D

Kodiak
25-Jul-09, 20:23
I get alot of coupons for baby stuff, like £2 off nappies or money off milk and other foods. I always use them. Every little helps! :D

I also get some of these pushed through my door but since my Youngest is now 29 years old they are not much use to me. :D

Vistravi
25-Jul-09, 22:54
Coupons i only ever get are for things that i do not buy or do not like. More for things i do buy would save me a few pennies.

My partner did save £10 on his new jeans he got. A lovely black cheroke pair from tescos. He looks good in black but has a monotone wardrobe. its mostly black, white and brown. All rather dull colours compared to my rainbow wardrobe. :lol: