PDA

View Full Version : Who would you vote for?

Alan16
25-Jul-09, 02:28
With the news that Labour have lost the by-election in Norwich North to the Conservatives I would like to know who you would vote for at the next general election. Post a comment saying who you voted for and why if you want. Also, I would ask that you consider who you really think would be best in charge, and not just vote in a reactionary way.

I'd vote Labour by the way.

tonkatojo
25-Jul-09, 09:23
UKIP . Because I think the Commonwealth is a better alternative for the UK

Gene Hunt
25-Jul-09, 10:44
Not voting. Britian is broken and I am planning to get out in the next few years so I dont end up propping up the mess that Labour have got us in.

Bring back Guy Fawkes I say, everyone deserves a second chance.

joxville
25-Jul-09, 11:06
Just to be awkward I voted BNP.

Gene Hunt
25-Jul-09, 11:34

Not half as bad as the deluded fools who voted Limp Dem .. I mean .. Lib Dem.

Alan16
25-Jul-09, 13:40
What I find most interesting about this, is that a large section of the voters voted for a party which has no real chance of getting into power - like UKIP, SNP, and Lib Dem. To me, it just seems like you are wasting your vote by voting for one of them.

Gene Hunt
25-Jul-09, 14:01
What I find most interesting about this, is that a large section of the voters voted for a party which has no real chance of getting into power - like UKIP, SNP, and Lib Dem. To me, it just seems like you are wasting your vote by voting for one of them.

Erm .. the SNP are in power in Scotland aren't they ?, are they not as popular in Scotland as Neu Arbeit ??, but I see what you are getting at. Maybe its because people are sick of the three regular parties, their constant lies and waffling and are looking for a change.

I personally am so sick of our current Goverment that I want to leave the UK and go elsewhere. Its like being ruled by the cast of The Muppet Show.

Alan16
25-Jul-09, 14:10
Erm .. the SNP are in power in Scotland aren't they ?, are they not as popular in Scotland as Neu Arbeit ??, but I see what you are getting at.

Yeah, I was talking about the General Election, sorry if I didn't make that clear. I think even if they won all of Scotland at a General Election, it would need to take some sort of 5 way tie in England and Wales for them to get power. Although I seriously dislike the SNP, that would be quite a funny occurrence.

tonkatojo
25-Jul-09, 14:21

Why ask the question in the first place ?, or was it to get cannon fodder for your views.:confused

redeyedtreefrog
25-Jul-09, 16:15
I'm disappointed to see that BNP has 2 votes.

joxville
25-Jul-09, 16:36

In a democracy I'm free to vote for whichever party I feel like, whether you like it or not-even if I'm doing it just to be awkward. Life's harsh, learn to deal with it.

scotsboy
25-Jul-09, 16:37

.........and me that the SNP has 5!

redeyedtreefrog
25-Jul-09, 16:49
In a democracy I'm free to vote for whichever party I feel like, whether you like it or not-even if I'm doing it just to be awkward. Life's harsh, learn to deal with it.

Okay, calm down.

In through the nose, out through the mouth.

Although, I doubt you've seen the picture of the BNP founder in a full Nazi uniform in front of a Swastika nazi-saluting a picture of Hitler? The BNP are racist, fascist neo-nazis.

Gene Hunt
25-Jul-09, 17:40
There is a party in this country that are a lot like the Nazi's.

They attempt to control our every thought, they tell us what to do, say, think, act, eat, drink and smoke. They have turned the Police into little more than enforcers of their political will. They write laws that are then manipulated to watch, monitor and even prosecute the man in the street at their whim. They have shown they are completely intolerant of anyone who dares to disagree with them. They have wrecked a country through policies with holes in them so large a blind man could see them. They have sold the assets of the country to make a cheap buck. Even when it is obvious to everyone else what the situation is they are adamant that everything is going to be OK. They have a leader utterly detached from reality who has led the country into a state so bad it will take decades to recover.

Spooky isnt it ??

Welcome to Britian under New Labour, or as I call them .. Neu Arbeit.

Alan16
25-Jul-09, 18:05
Why ask the question in the first place ?, or was it to get cannon fodder for your views.:confused

No. I asked because I was curious about people's opinions, and I find it very interesting that Labour is ahead in the poll considering how in the rest of the country people seem to hate Labour. Curiosity never killed anybody.

Alan16
25-Jul-09, 18:14
In a democracy I'm free to vote for whichever party I feel like, whether you like it or not...

True. And I'm also free to say that anyone who votes BNP (for real) is a disgrace to humanity.

joxville
25-Jul-09, 19:18
True. And I'm also free to say that anyone who votes BNP (for real) is a disgrace to humanity.
Utter crap. I've previously voted Labour even though I didn't agree with all their policies. You don't know me so how can you say I'm a disgrace to humanity because I may vote BNP?

golach
25-Jul-09, 19:25
Utter crap. I've previously voted Labour even though I didn't agree with all their policies. You don't know me so how can you say I'm a disgrace to humanity because I may vote BNP?
Ach Jox, he is only 17, he has not had a vote yet, hopefully he will learn in time, teenagers are slow at picking things up these days [lol]

Alan16
25-Jul-09, 19:59

You could spend all your time feeding and caring for the homeless, but that wouldn't matter if you voted for a bunch of racist and anti-Semites. I don't need to know you. The same way I didn't need to know Hitler. I spy Godwin's Law.

Gene Hunt
25-Jul-09, 20:53
You could spend all your time feeding and caring for the homeless, but that wouldn't matter if you voted for a bunch of racist and anti-Semites. I don't need to know you. The same way I didn't need to know Hitler. I spy Godwin's Law.

Oooooooooooooooooooooo .... Hark at Him !!

Dont worry Jox .. I will still speak to you . your alright .. ;)

_Ju_
25-Jul-09, 21:36

Your vote isn't a bet on who you think will win.......

Alan16
25-Jul-09, 21:39
Your vote isn't a bet on who you think will win.......

True, but if you want it to make a difference, voting for UKIP, BNP, Lib Dem, SNP, Green, etc. is not the thing to do. These parties will not have any say in things, so why vote for them?

gleeber
25-Jul-09, 21:45
, so why vote for them?
Principals, perhaps? :roll:

Rheghead
25-Jul-09, 21:49
Why would anyone vote SNP when they just want to put windfarms indiscriminately all across Caithness to feed the Central belt with electricity?:confused

Why would anyone vote Libdem when they rely on other parties for their policies?:confused

_Ju_
25-Jul-09, 21:59
True, but if you want it to make a difference, voting for UKIP, BNP, Lib Dem, SNP, Green, etc. is not the thing to do. These parties will not have any say in things, so why vote for them?

Because then you will never make a difference.

Gene Hunt
25-Jul-09, 22:04

And voting for the current incompetent bunch will ??, they have proved they arent fit to run a tap. As is Slimy Dave Cameron who has more than just a touch of the self serving snake oil salesman that is Tony Blair.

Politicians only care about us when they want our votes. The rest of the time they cant hear us, not that they would listen if they could, ears are useless when your neck deep in the trough.

Alan16
25-Jul-09, 22:15
Principals, perhaps? :roll:

I hope principals is not the reason the BNP has five votes on here.

Voting for someone like SNP at a general election is never going to make a difference, ever. It is a complete waste of a vote.

And voting for the current incompetent bunch will ??, they have proved they arent fit to run a tap. As is Slimy Dave Cameron who has more than just a touch of the self serving snake oil salesman that is Tony Blair.

I think comparing Cameron to Blair is insulting to Blair. It seems that people are all to quick to jump onto the bandwagon and criticise him simply because of the Iraq War. Blair did more for our country than Cameron could ever hope to do.

golach
25-Jul-09, 22:22
I hope principals is not the reason the BNP has five votes on here.
Voting for someone like SNP at a general election is never going to make a difference, ever. It is a complete waste of a vote.

If your not happy with the results of your poll, why put it on here in the first place?

georgegwf
25-Jul-09, 22:40
Heaven help us all, now don't get me wrong i agree with the protest vote, but consider this what if a large majority of the population vote for BNP "just to be awkward" then we are all up the creek without hope never mind a paddle :eek:

joxville
25-Jul-09, 23:07
Heaven help us all, now don't get me wrong i agree with the protest vote, but consider this what if a large majority of the population vote for BNP "just to be awkward" then we are all up the creek without hope never mind a paddle :eek:

Aren't we almost there anyway? :eek:

georgegwf
25-Jul-09, 23:12
Hmmm point taken suppose its better the devil you know ..................:confused

Rheghead
25-Jul-09, 23:12
I'd be better off under a conservative government but I have been instilled with an anti-tory indignation since my mother knew I took an interest in politics. I could never vote tory even if it would be better for me and my family. To me they are talk-politicians, opportunists of a distant past.

joxville
25-Jul-09, 23:25

Listen chummy, I don't want to be governed by the BNP but I've seen and suffered some crap in my life regardless of the different parties I've voted for so if I choose to use my vote as a protest vote then that is my right.....don't dare call me a disgrace to humanity or compare me to racists etc. when you know diddly-squat about me. You're too green behind the ears to understand what a protest vote actually does so I'll explain it to you-it lets whoever gets in to power, albeit with a reduced majority, know that the electorate is sick of the way we have continually been shafted by the mainstream parties. Comprende? :roll:

Now run along like a good little boy and ask mummy to change your nappy. ;)

Rheghead
25-Jul-09, 23:32
Listen chummy, I don't want to be governed by the BNP but I've seen and suffered some crap in my life regardless of the different parties I've voted for so if I choose to use my vote as a protest vote then that is my right.....don't dare call me a disgrace to humanity or compare me to racists etc. when you know diddly-squat about me. You're too green behind the ears to understand what a protest vote actually does so I'll explain it to you-it lets whoever gets in to power, albeit with a reduced majority, know that the electorate is sick of the way we have continually been shafted by the mainstream parties. Comprende? :roll:

Here Here, well said.

golach
26-Jul-09, 00:15
Here Here, well said.
ditto ditto..........

Alan16
26-Jul-09, 01:42

This is a stupid argument to have, mainly because there is no chance of me winning such an argument on such neutral ground. Your freedom to do what you want is something you often fall back on, yet when someone else exercises this right against you it somehow becomes less of a right. And I will call you a disgrace if I bloody well like - you are voting for a party whose members are racist, and who say the Holocaust never happened. You are therefore supporting them and if not then why the hell are you voting for them?

When the counting officer sees your ballot he will note that vote down as a vote in support of the BNP. He wont note it down as a bloody protest vote. Seeing as you have enjoy talking down to people - something I don't understand, as you appear to have neither the intelligence or wit to back it up -I feel I should try the same method as maybe you will understand then. There really is no such thing as a protest vote. You and a whole lot of other morons vote BNP in protest and what happens? They win a couple of seats? No... Don't be silly... That could never happ... Wait a second!

When you and others like you arse around with your vote, you don't seem to realise that it isn't just your future you could be ing up. If you want to vote in protest, don't vote at all - therefore there is no chance on earth of those utter disgraces getting near our parliament.

Now run along and listen to that awful woman you have in your signature.

Oddquine
26-Jul-09, 01:51

True...that is what a protest vote does, but you want to see BNP posters on another forum I frequent crowing about the percentage vote they got in the Euros and how they have supporters all over the country.........even in places like the North of Scotland.

By the way.........I voted SNP...because I have not voted and will never vote for a UK wide party.

By the way Alan16......no vote is a wasted vote...the wasted ones are those who sit at home and don't bother voting at all.

scotsboy
26-Jul-09, 05:09

I know exactly what you mean Alan, kind of like asking everyone their opinon when really you are ot interested in what it is.

Gene Hunt
26-Jul-09, 09:00
I think comparing Cameron to Blair is insulting to Blair. It seems that people are all to quick to jump onto the bandwagon and criticise him simply because of the Iraq War. Blair did more for our country than Cameron could ever hope to do.

Alan you are 16. What you know about life could be written on a fly's ear in large print.

No doubt you will, in a few years, be one of these Labour candidates who think that they know it all after a few years at University. Your attitude smacks of the New Arbeit attitude of "I know better than you", tell you what, get a job, pay some tax and raise a family under a Blair Goverment and then come back and lecture others with significantly more life experience than you about things like racism, who they should vote for, Blair, the Iraq War etc etc.

I remember Blair getting into power, do you ?? .. or were you too busy finger painting ??

Alice in Blunderland
26-Jul-09, 09:22
This is a stupid argument to have.

Exactly.

A word of advice ...........sit back take a deep breath and think before you post at this rate you are going to find yourself on the naughty step for a wee while.:)

Language...................... mm check the rule book. I think we can put your last post with its chosen grammar down to inexperience.:)

_Ju_
26-Jul-09, 09:54
Originally Posted by _Ju_ View Post

No Alan, that is where you are absolutely wrong. You are treating your vote like a bet on the right horse to win. You, along with everyone elses on this board and and registered to vote in this country, can require things to change, one vote at a time. It's called Democracy
Since you like comparisons, it took a few voices to start protesting the fact that women could not vote. Most thought women were intellectually inferior and could never deal with such things as voting, managing their property, managing their lives, and thought it was ridiculous and a waste of time to allow them to vote. Many sufragettes ended up in jail, but more and more voices joined them untill things changed.

Your vote is the one most nationaly influencial thing you can do. Use it where you think it is right. The only waste of a vote is the one that is not cast.

PS- you forgot to include the Italian Party of Love on your list.

joxville
26-Jul-09, 10:03
With the news that Labour have lost the by-election in Norwich North to the Conservatives I would like to know who you would vote for at the next general election. Post a comment saying who you voted for and why if you want. Also, I would ask that you consider who you really think would be best in charge, and not just vote in a reactionary way.

I'd vote Labour by the way.

This is a stupid argument to have, mainly because there is no chance of me winning such an argument on such neutral ground. Your freedom to do what you want is something you often fall back on, yet when someone else exercises this right against you it somehow becomes less of a right. And I will call you a disgrace if I *expletive deleted* well like - you are voting for a party whose members are racist, and who say the Holocaust never happened. You are therefore supporting them and if not then why the hell are you voting for them?

When the counting officer sees your ballot he will note that vote down as a vote in support of the BNP. He wont note it down as a *expletive deleted* protest vote. Seeing as you have enjoy talking down to people - something I don't understand, as you appear to have neither the intelligence or wit to back it up -I feel I should try the same method as maybe you will understand then. There really is no such thing as a protest vote. You and a whole lot of other morons vote BNP in protest and what happens? They win a couple of seats? No... Don't be silly... That could never happ... Wait a second!

When you and others like you arse around with your vote, you don't seem to realise that it isn't just your future you could be <expletive deleted> up. If you want to vote in protest, don't vote at all - therefore there is no chance on earth of those utter disgraces getting near our parliament.

Now run along and listen to that awful woman you have in your signature.
Try re-reading your original post young man. You asked who we would vote for and to post a comment saying why we chose that party, nowhere did it say we would be attacked for whichever party we chose. You then chose to attack me for saying I may vote BNP by saying I'm a disgrace to humanity. I then explained why I might vote for them, which you further chose to attack. We all have the right to vote how we see fit and we all have the right to defend ourselves when attacked, I exercised that right. When you get to my age you'll perhaps understand my disillusionment with mainstream political parties. I find it laughable that someone who claims to have greater intelligence and wit than me should feel the need to resort to petty name calling to back up their argument! I'll excuse that for the moment because you're young and have a lot to learn about life. In future, don't start a poll like this then make judgements on someone's character, someone you don't know, just because their vote doesn't agree with whatever result you are looking for.

For the record, I have somewhere in the region of 200 books about Hitler, the Nazi's, The Holocaust and the death camps and know it absolutely did happen.

BTW, the correct spelling is loony. :roll: ;)

tonkatojo
26-Jul-09, 10:06
No Alan, that is where you are absolutely wrong. You are treating your vote like a bet on the right horse to win. You, along with everyone elses on this board and and registered to vote in this country, can require things to change, one vote at a time. It's called Democracy
Since you like comparisons, it took a few voices to start protesting the fact that women could not vote. Most thought women were intellectually inferior and could never deal with such things as voting, managing their property, managing their lives, and thought it was ridiculous and a waste of time to allow them to vote. Many sufragettes ended up in jail, but more and more voices joined them untill things changed.

Your vote is the one most nationaly influencial thing you can do. Use it where you think it is right. The only waste of a vote is the one that is not cast.

How right you are !.. then the problems really did begin ;) look where its ended up, with that woman (THATCHER), now I approved of burning the under garments, but that was for my amusement but the pendulum has swung a bit to far me thinks, my O/H gives me orders now ,It didn't happen when we first married :roll:. life is a bitch now. pun intended.

_Ju_
26-Jul-09, 10:50
How right you are !.. then the problems really did begin ;) look where its ended up, with that woman (THATCHER), now I approved of burning the under garments, but that was for my amusement but the pendulum has swung a bit to far me thinks, my O/H gives me orders now ,It didn't happen when we first married. life is a bitch now. pun intended.

When the pendulum began it's swing it was far, far to one side. It's to be expected that it won't stop at the mid point, but over swing to the other side (Law of physics- the pedulum will never again be as far far over as it was at the start. So you don't even have it as bad as women did, so suck it up, hun! ;) ) Untill all the cinetic energy is spent and it comes to rest in equilibrium it will be a while. In the mean time enjoy the ride.:lol:

tonkatojo
26-Jul-09, 11:02
When the pendulum began it's swing it was far, far to one side. It's to be expected that it won't stop at the mid point, but over swing to the other side (Law of physics- the pedulum will never again be as far far over as it was at the start. So you don't even have it as bad as women did, so suck it up, hun! ;) ) Untill all the cinetic energy is spent and it comes to rest in equilibrium it will be a while. In the mean time enjoy the ride.:lol:

I understand your point about physics, but its law says it swings back and forth not stick in suspendered female preference time." Don't panic " Mr Mainwaring and all, our time will come, I hope. ;)

Gene Hunt
26-Jul-09, 12:04
Lets play "Spot the Labour Hypocrisy"

Read this .. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8169122.stm

Then this .. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article6727677.ece

[evil][evil]

To those who missed the point .. it was that holding a parade to honour "sacrifice" while cutting the compensation payments to injured servicemen and women is disgusting. Patriclarly after a Civil Servant who got more (£202,000) than soldiers who have lost limbs didnt get his award appealed by the Goverment. He hurt his back lifting a printer. But dont let that fact distract you from trying to defend Labour.

Rheghead
26-Jul-09, 13:21
Lets play "Spot the Labour Hypocrisy"

Lets play wait and see if the Tories will have a different approach to the whole thing. I suspect they won't seeing as they want big tax cuts. Where will the hypocrisy lay then?

Alan16
27-Jul-09, 01:17
In a world record attempt for longest ever post...

I know exactly what you mean Alan, kind of like asking everyone their opinon when really you are ot interested in what it is.

That is not at what I did at all. You are confusing disagreement for lack of interest. Surely the fact that I disagree so vociferously shows interest?

Alan you are 16. What you know about life could be written on a fly's ear in large print.

No doubt you will, in a few years, be one of these Labour candidates who think that they know it all after a few years at University. Your attitude smacks of the New Arbeit attitude of "I know better than you", tell you what, get a job, pay some tax and raise a family under a Blair Goverment and then come back and lecture others with significantly more life experience than you about things like racism, who they should vote for, Blair, the Iraq War etc etc.

I remember Blair getting into power, do you ?? .. or were you too busy finger painting ??

I am 17 actually the 16 in my username is a reference to my house number. In a few years I will still be at University (the course I am studying come September should last 5 years) with no intentions of standing to become an MP. And the Blair years were probably some of the best you ever experienced. I think the report (by professors from The London School of Economics) that I'm about to quote from is a very informative and interesting read - it is a look at Blair's legacy, ignoring the Iraq War which has clouded many peoples minds.

The following as a quote from a report conducted by professors of The London School of Economics

He transformed the economy
a) Blair achieved the most stable period of economic growth, high employment and low inflation for hundreds of years, in partnership with the Chancellor - the dynamic duo whose collaboration promoted the New Labour project, which they had forged together.
b) The minimum wage brought higher pay to many who would have languished in poverty, and without the damaging effects on employment predicted by right-wing economists.
c) Under Blair the British people have never had it so good, living longer, better fed, housed and cared for, and enjoying wide access to goods and services out of reach of earlier generations. Consumerism has triumphed over those who want producers, professionals, trades unions, paternalists and protectionists to dictate to citizens.

Conclusion
Blair ranks among the great prime ministers. He created the New Labour party as a party of government and has modernised the UK. There is still much to be done, but his achievements can be criticised only by nostalgic traditionalists who deplore modern society and hark back to the so-called good old days and ways.

This was just a small segment of the part written by George Jones, the Emeritus Professor of Government, London School of Economics and Political Science.

Britain has enjoyed 15 years of continuous growth combined with low inflation. The labour market has absorbed large number of new entrants, especially from the wave of migration from Eastern Europe, yet unemployment has remained at historically low levels. Even on the Achilles' Heel of productivity, Britain has narrowed the gap with her major competitors and kept up with the American productivity miracle.
So why does Labour have trouble converting these economic gains into the political currency of popularity? Leaving Iraq aside, forgetfulness, fiscal policy and fairness are the main reasons.

First, the public appears to now take economic prosperity for granted. People seem more likely to give credit for success to the Thatcher reforms, the Bank of England, to being outside the Euro or to cheap Chinese imports than to the government. With the exception of globalisation, however, these were policy choices of the government. Independence of the Bank was a bold and successful early move. Overall, Labour has accepted the importance of competitive markets and labour market flexibility for economic success.

Second, Labour has significantly raised tax as a share of nation income and spent the money on public services. 'Tax and spend' is exactly what socialist governments are supposed to do, of course, but unlike previous Labour governments neither Blair nor Brown have boasted about it. Nor have they over-spent in the early years of power only to be forced by circumstances to cut back and increase taxes in later years (most notoriously in 1976 when Dennis Healey had to turn to the International Monetary Fund). The government's problem is that the public expects greater improvements in hospitals, schools and policing from their tax pounds than they have seen. It also remains to be seen if the increased length and complexity of the tax system (coupled with more labour market regulation) could undermine long-term growth.

Third, unlike the 1980s the long growth period has not been accompanied by rapidly growing inequality. There have been a panoply of redistributive policies such as the National Minimum Wage and tax credits for the low paid have reduced poverty, especially for working families. But although inequality at the bottom half of the pay scale has narrowed, inequality at the top has continued to widen. On the Left, this has lead for pressures for more aggressively re-distribution.

Blair leaves behind an economy in better shape than any previous Labour leader. But will the voters give the chancellor, the man who has overseen the current prosperity the benefit of the doubt when the next recession comes? At the moment it looks unlikely.

This was written by John Van Reenen, the director of the Centre for Economic Performance and Professor of Economics, London School of Economics

The whole report can be found at: http://www2.lse.ac.uk/ERD/pressAndInformationOffice/newsAndEvents/archives/2007/BlairsLegacy.aspx

So you may have more life experience, but that doesn't seem to include a memory.

No Alan, that is where you are absolutely wrong. You are treating your vote like a bet on the right horse to win.

No, I'm not. I am talking about votes for small parties, like UKIP, BNP, SNP, Green, etc. These parties are not parties we want in charge in Westminster. They do not have the depth of policy to do this - and they are, in fact, mainly one policy parties, like No to the EU, Get rid of all the non-white people, Not nationwide so really have no right to be in charge of Britain, Stop destroying the ozone. You get the idea.

Try re-reading your original post young man. You asked who we would vote for and to post a comment saying why we chose that party, nowhere did it say we would be attacked for whichever party we chose. You then chose to attack me for saying I may vote BNP by saying I'm a disgrace to humanity. I then explained why I might vote for them, which you further chose to attack. We all have the right to vote how we see fit and we all have the right to defend ourselves when attacked, I exercised that right. When you get to my age you'll perhaps understand my disillusionment with mainstream political parties. I find it laughable that someone who claims to have greater intelligence and wit than me should feel the need to resort to petty name calling to back up their argument! I'll excuse that for the moment because you're young and have a lot to learn about life. In future, don't start a poll like this then make judgements on someone's character, someone you don't know, just because their vote doesn't agree with whatever result you are looking for.

For the record, I have somewhere in the region of 200 books about Hitler, the Nazi's, The Holocaust and the death camps and know it absolutely did happen.

BTW, the correct spelling is loony.

Rights. You are always talking about them. You have the right to defend yourself, and I also have the right to attack you. And in my original post I didn't need to say that I would disagree with you - that should have been a given. If you don't want your comments to be questioned, then you shouldn't really post your comments then, should you? And from memory, I don't think I ever claimed to have a greater intelligence than you, I said that you did not have the intelligence or wit to support your article, you don't need to put words in my mouth.

And will people please stop saying that I started this poll so that people would agree with me. Would a Labour really have started a poll just now so they can see that people agree with them? Of course bloody not. Note, bloody is not an expletive. And I will continue to judge people who vote BNP. There is no reason for a non-racist to vote for the BNP. If you are voting for a party simply for protest, vote Green or MRLP or the Christian Party for christ sake, not BNP. And what makes this worse is that you obviously know about the holocaust, yet will vote for a party with members who actively deny that it happened. It simply doesn't make sense.

Law of physics- the pedulum will never again be as far far over as it was at the start.

Assuming you let it go, and didn't push it...

Lets play wait and see if the Tories will have a different approach to the whole thing. I suspect they won't seeing as they want big tax cuts. Where will the hypocrisy lay then?

This really has nothing to do with the rest of this post. Anywho, I agree.

Gene Hunt
27-Jul-09, 09:15
Alan .. get a grip.

Are you, a 17 year old who hasnt even been to University yet telling me that the "Blair years are the best I have experienced" and that I seem to have "life experience but not a memory" based on, and I am laughing while I type this, a report from someone else ?? Tell me, where are YOUR opinions to back this up based on your own experience ??, I was going to ask about your opinions of your experience of trying to hold down a job, raise a family and provide for them since 1997 but that would be pointless wouldnt it ?? The fact that you are 17 and not 16 dont make a whit of difference to anything. You know zero about Blair and life under him. You had barely started walking when Blair came to power and cant remember life under any other Prime Minister. Your opinon is worthless.

And to you the Iraq war might be an issue that "clouded" people's minds but I was in the TA and served there. I saw the lack of kit and willingness of a man to ignore flag covered coffins returning but who would happily sit at Ken Bigley's funeral, then again that was good PR wasnt it, unlike being seen with the coffin of a man his decison put there. I saw a man who promised us "whatever we needed" in an action based on lies and toading to the shaved chimp running the US at the time. And yet I saw men and women killed and horrifically injured in snatch Land Rovers that were not fit for the task. Blair started a legacy of fighting a Marks and Spencer War on a Lidl budget and it still goes on today. So if I have an opinon of Blair I earned it, did you ??, I didnt read someone elses report and think "my thoughts exactly"

You have no experience about what you are talking about and you are just embarassing yourself. I dread to think what you will be like once you leave (if you ever do) University after having read a few more books and the reports of others.

Now run along and tidy your room before I turn the sarcasm to maximum and make you cry.

Gene Hunt
27-Jul-09, 09:26

Yes Rhegs.

Lets not concentrate on the fact that Labour are appealing the awards to injured soldiers now .. lets just ignore that and imply that the Tories "might" do the same as thats the REALLY important issue isnt it ??, for the record I would be having the same go if it was the Tories doing it.

Lets just ignore the fact that a Civil Servant gets awarded over £200k for hurting his back, less than a serviceman who loses limbs, while lifting a printer and DOESN'T get his award appealed.

Lets ignore the fact that a SSGT who lost a leg in Bosnia got just £10k, this was because the Labour Goverment decided to change the rules on the fly.

Because that doesnt matter does it ??, its all about making up hypothetical situations isnt it ??

PantsMAN
27-Jul-09, 11:23
General election - Tories sweep in in England, Wales, (maybe not N.I.), and the SNP increase their majority in Scotland.

Ergo, Tories have NO mandate in Scotland (maybe a couple of seats in Perthshire).

Let battle commence??:cool:

joxville
27-Jul-09, 11:58
Rights. You are always talking about them. You have the right to defend yourself, and I also have the right to attack you. And in my original post I didn't need to say that I would disagree with you - that should have been a given. If you don't want your comments to be questioned, then you shouldn't really post your comments then, should you? And from memory, I don't think I ever claimed to have a greater intelligence than you, I said that you did not have the intelligence or wit to support your article, you don't need to put words in my mouth.

And will people please stop saying that I started this poll so that people would agree with me. Would a Labour really have started a poll just now so they can see that people agree with them? Of course bloody not. Note, bloody is not an expletive. And I will continue to judge people who vote BNP. There is no reason for a non-racist to vote for the BNP. If you are voting for a party simply for protest, vote Green or MRLP or the Christian Party for christ sake, not BNP. And what makes this worse is that you obviously know about the holocaust, yet will vote for a party with members who actively deny that it happened. It simply doesn't make sense.

You just don't get it, do you? What did I say in my original post? Just to be awkward. If I vote Green, UKIP or whichever then it's less likely to be recognised as a protest vote. If the BNP share of the vote had to rise considerably then it's more likely that the mainstream parties will start to listen to the electorate and take us seriously, that we are sick of their spin doctor politics and politically correct policies. I think Labour will win the next election, and tbh I hope they do, but it will be with a vastly reduced majority.

joxville
27-Jul-09, 12:06
[quote=Alan16;578060] The following as a quote from a report conducted by professors of The London School of Economics

He transformed the economy
a) Blair achieved the most stable period of economic growth, high employment and low inflation for hundreds of years, in partnership with the Chancellor - the dynamic duo whose collaboration promoted the New Labour project, which they had forged together.[quote]

The Dynamic Duo.....more like Scatman & Robbing. :roll: