PDA

View Full Version : My Grandaughters on news at 10

Kodiak
24-Jul-09, 23:40
I just had a phone call from my son to say that his Daughters and wife were on a small article on BBC News at 10.

If you want to see them just click on the link below and slide the bar along to 18 minutes and you will see them. The article is about the high cost of public transport.

Mind you all I could see was the cutest little Grandaughters ever. :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid_5350000/newsid_5351100/5351140.stm?bw=bb&mp=wm&news=1&ms3=6&ms_javascript=true&bbcws=2

ginajade
24-Jul-09, 23:46
They are both cute.

golach
25-Jul-09, 00:02
kodiak, your G'daughters are beautiful, but as an Edinburgh resident, I think your d in law is wrong, LRT, is an award winning bus company, and are certainly not the most expensive in the area, for £1.20, you can travel from one side of the city to the other as an adult,£0.70 for a child is a fair comparison,I do not consider that expensive, and that can be a journey that takes nearly 2 hours for example a No 26 bus, from Clermiston to Seaton Sands, there are Day saver tickets £3.00 for adults that let you travel all day, for a child £2.40.
I am lucky I have a senior citizens pass, so I travel for nothing, coming up to Caithness next weekend for £0.50p the cost of the booking fee

Kevin Milkins
25-Jul-09, 00:04
You must be very proud Kodiak, I know that glow where grandchildren are concerned.;)
Will you be asking for there autograph when you speak to them next?:Razz

Kodiak
25-Jul-09, 00:07
I know nothing about the transport in Edinburgh but the point I think Lindsay was trying to say that the price was too expensive for just a short Journey.

All I could see was my Beautiful Grandaughters, Lori & Josie. I was down to see them last weekend for Josie's 5th Birthday and it will more than likely next year till I see them again, Sigh! such a long time to wait.

Kodiak
25-Jul-09, 00:08
You must be very proud Kodiak, I know that glow where grandchildren are concerned.;)
Will you be asking for there autograph when you speak to them next?:Razz

Thank you KM and yes I am Very Proud of them.

Kevin Milkins
25-Jul-09, 00:12
kodiak, your G'daughters are beautiful, but as an Edinburgh resident, I think your d in law is wrong, LRT, is an award winning bus company, and are certainly not the most expensive in the area, for £1.20, you can travel from one side of the city to the other as an adult,£0.70 for a child is a fair comparison,I do not consider that expensive, and that can be a journey that takes nearly 2 hours for example a No 26 bus, from Clermiston to Seaton Sands, there are Day saver tickets £3.00 for adults that let you travel all day, for a child £2.40.
I am lucky I have a senior citizens pass, so I travel for nothing, coming up to Caithness next weekend for £0.50p the cost of the booking fee

I would guess that the relevance of this story would mean absoulutly nothing to to Kodiak just know.lol

His granddaughters are enjoying there five minutes of fame, who cares about the price of milk. (What was the story again)

It's not every day you get on news at ten.:Razz

golach
25-Jul-09, 00:13
Thank you KM and yes I am Very Proud of them.
I know how you feel, I have 4 g'daughters, 3 on line and they chat to me on a regular basis, and think i am kool, I am their Windows chat pal, and their bebo and facebook pal, how Kool is that? I love them all

dirdyweeker
25-Jul-09, 00:44
Watched them "live". Remember seeing the 2 bonnie lasses and the item mentioned.
Lovely for you to see them during their moment of fame.

Moi x
25-Jul-09, 01:04
I just had a phone call from my son to say that his Daughters and wife were on a small article on BBC News at 10.

If you want to see them just click on the link below and slide the bar along to 18 minutes and you will see them. The article is about the high cost of public transport.

Mind you all I could see was the cutest little Grandaughters ever. :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid_5350000/newsid_5351100/5351140.stm?bw=bb&mp=wm&news=1&ms3=6&ms_javascript=true&bbcws=2
I saw that on the BBC 10 o'clock News earlier tonight. Your granddaughters are lovely Kodiak. :)

I didn't really agree with your daughter-in-law's cost analysis though. You should buy a day ticket or a season ticket if you take more than two bus journeys a day in Edinburgh.

Edinburgh's bus service is nothing special but it's ok by British standards. Glasgow's public transport is much better but both are poor by European standards.

But I'm changing the subject here. I hope you're proud of your granddaughters Kodiak. :)

Moi x

arana negra
25-Jul-09, 07:15
:-( clip does not work for me maybe the usual 'not in UK thing' I am sure you enjoyed watching and re watching it :)

Kodiak
25-Jul-09, 11:52
:-( clip does not work for me maybe the usual 'not in UK thing' I am sure you enjoyed watching and re watching it :)

Sorry about that but when you come over I will be able to show you a couple of Photo's.

Dont't worry we will not have piles and piles of Pics it will only be one or two. :D

Liz
25-Jul-09, 12:32
How wonderful to see your gorgeous wee granddaughters on the news Kodiak.:D

They are lucky to have such a lovely Granddad.

ANNIE
25-Jul-09, 13:30
ahhh they're so sweet bet it took a tear to your eye to see them on tv like that :)

golach
25-Jul-09, 16:22
Edinburgh's bus service is nothing special but it's ok by British standards. Moi x
If Lothian Region Transport (Edinburgh buses) is nothing special, why have they been voted best bus company for the last 4 years?