PDA

View Full Version : stv changes

bobbyrussell09
24-Jul-09, 14:52
i know there was a post about the bill, but why drop a programme that attracted viewers .an to drop it for made in scotland.Im all for scottish programmes but to replace the bill is a joke.My solution ,get rid of a few episodes of corrie and emmerdale,who needs 2 episodes in 1 night

shazzap
24-Jul-09, 14:55
This is the reply i got when i emailed STV.

Thank you for your email to STV.
STV has recently launched a strategy to take greater control of our schedule. Our aim is to provide viewers with a diverse schedule of Scottish programming and acquired series, to complement the large amount of quality network material that our viewers already enjoy.
To accommodate this new programming it will inevitably mean displacing other material and we will be using the peak-time slot at 9pm on Thursday evenings from 23rd July, previously designated for The Bill.
New programming from STV will span a range of genre, including: a celeb-packed documentary series called Made In Scotland, examining the iconic symbols that give Scotland such strong visibility internationally; a visually stunning exploration of Scotland from the air, entitled Scotland Revealed; and a fascinating series covering the stories of the many Scots who fought against Franco in the Spanish Civil War, called Homage to Caledonia. We'll be announcing even more new programming over the next few months.
Please be assured that we are absolutely committed to maintaining a healthy creative industry in Scotland by investing in new, high quality Scottish productions and creating a diverse schedule for viewers.
We hope you enjoy this new programming from STV and thank you again for getting in touch.
Kind Regards

http://forum.caithness.org/wlmailhtml:{2709B5FF-EB0E-4FA1-83A2-5A565B35A5DB}mid://00000000/!x-usc:http://www.stv.tv/images/emails/stv_footer.jpg

bobbyrussell09
24-Jul-09, 15:00
what a load of rubbish that reply was

badger
24-Jul-09, 15:05
Sounds like the typical standard response that's always produced from those in charge when anyone dares to question them. They don't really care what we want. I'm all for interesting documentaries but there is plenty of rubbish that could be replaced without losing this.

shamrock2007
24-Jul-09, 15:43
I got the same message when i contacted them about the bill. Its on channel 993 on sky now at 9pm on a Thur nite

ShelleyCowie
24-Jul-09, 15:50
i know there was a post about the bill, but why drop a programme that attracted viewers .an to drop it for made in scotland.Im all for scottish programmes but to replace the bill is a joke.My solution ,get rid of a few episodes of corrie and emmerdale,who needs 2 episodes in 1 night

Get rid of corrie! :eek: Are you mad! I need 2 episodes in 1 night! Bobbyrussell im disappointed in you! Just u wait, i see you on saturday next week! ;) Ur gonna buy me drinks all night for saying such a thing!!

The Angel Of Death
24-Jul-09, 16:06
Who wants to lay odds that the new made in scotland line up is utter gash and done on a budget of 30 pence

And as for corrie and the likes all of it should be banned utter rot the lot of it shocking the amount of rubbish thats on tv nowadays

Whats worse is the rot that the bbc put out that us lot are all paying for via the (rip off) tv licence it should be free and paid for via advertising like the rest of the channels

Kodiak
24-Jul-09, 16:07
I think I am correct when I say this, but it is possible I am wrong.

STV Will no longer be broadcasting any NEW Programmes of the following :-

The Bill
Kingdom
Lewis
Midsommer Murders

Also by what they are saying, or I should say not saying, there could be a few more Popular Programmes getting the Chop.

I for one will be giving STV the Chop and will be watching ITV London on SKY 993 where I will be able to watch the Programmes I like.

I suggest that if you wish to complain to STV about their Programme changes then here is the e-mail address to write to, I have.

yourview@stv.tv

K

shazzap
24-Jul-09, 17:39
what a load of rubbish that reply was

My sentiments too.

Mik.M.
24-Jul-09, 19:01
If you have Sky you can still watch The Bill on Channel 993 ITV1 London.

redeyedtreefrog
25-Jul-09, 00:30
They dropped it because they couldn't afford it. There is a recession on.

Kodiak
25-Jul-09, 00:39
This is just an excuse and I for one do not believe it.

What do thay think will happen if they put on the programmes they say they are going to.

They will loose Vievers and therefore loose advertising revenue. Which means that they will have even less money to spend on new programmes. So then they will have to make even cheaper programmes and on and on it will go. So then will loose even more viewers and the circles gets tighter and tighter.

This is called the ever decreasing circles where the only way you can go is Down. The result being no more STV.

Fran
25-Jul-09, 01:33
I feel very sorry for my elderly mother who never misses The Bill, as she can't get freeview so she will now miss her favourite programme. shame on STv

Moi x
25-Jul-09, 01:54
Thank you, thank you, thank you STV. :)

I detest the Bill, it's miserable and its characters are even more miserable, and I look forward to whatever replaces it.

It's a pity they won't be showing new episodes of Lewis though. As I stated elsewhere on this forum, I love Lewis.

Moi x