PDA

View Full Version : Foghorn

BrianJM
24-Jul-09, 13:36
Does anybody have a good recording of the Wick foghorn?
It would probably bring back some memories but I also need a ringtone on my mobile that is different.

Kodiak
24-Jul-09, 14:38
I thnk you will be Very Very Lucky indeed to get a recording of the Foghorn from Noss Head Lighthouse. Even the Northern Lighthouse Board does not have this.

On saying that you can download a Foghorn Sound for free from the link below. There are two of them Foghorn and Foghorn 2, just scroll down the page and click on the one you want.

http://www.a1freesoundeffects.com/vehicles.html

Kevin Milkins
24-Jul-09, 15:40
I will record a foghorn for you when she returns from shopping.:lol:

Alice in Blunderland
24-Jul-09, 16:01
I will record a foghorn for you when she returns from shopping.:lol:

And I await to record your cry's of pain when she belts you one after reading this..................followed by your howls of............... I'm sorry my darling I'm soooooo sorry :lol: :lol:

Kevin Milkins
24-Jul-09, 16:04
And I await to record your cry's of pain when she belts you one after reading this..................followed by your howls of............... I'm sorry my darling I'm soooooo sorry :lol: :lol:

Teehee, she don't do puter's and no one will ever tell her.[para]

Venture
24-Jul-09, 16:08
Well next time I visit a well known supermarket I might just...........[lol]

Kevin Milkins
24-Jul-09, 16:10
Well next time I visit a well known supermarket I might just...........[lol]

That's me done like a kipper again then. :lol:

Alice in Blunderland
24-Jul-09, 17:32
Teehee, she don't do puter's and no one will ever tell her.[para]

I have your address and if you dont cross my palm with some cash............... ;) :Razz

tonkatojo
25-Jul-09, 09:36
I have your address and if you dont cross my palm with some cash............... ;) :Razz

Is extortion with menaces really allowed on here ?,, :eek:

Give the bloke a break Alice.

Alice in Blunderland
25-Jul-09, 10:11
Is extortion with menaces really allowed on here ?,, :eek:

Erm yes I checked the rules no mention of it being a no no. :cool:

Give the bloke a break Alice.

I think Ill leave that to his Mrs when she gets wind of this I feel he may have a few breaks............... :lol:

BrianJM
25-Jul-09, 10:42
I thnk you will be Very Very Lucky indeed to get a recording of the Foghorn from Noss Head Lighthouse. Even the Northern Lighthouse Board does not have this.

On saying that you can download a Foghorn Sound for free from the link below. There are two of them Foghorn and Foghorn 2, just scroll down the page and click on the one you want.

http://www.a1freesoundeffects.com/vehicles.html

Wow: nine replies and only one of use.
Thanks Kodiak. Looks like a treasure trove of sound. Should be able to assign a different sound to everyone in my phone which could be rather interesting.
I just thought of the Wick foghorn because it was part of my childhood in the 50s but I supose they all sound much the same.

Kodiak
25-Jul-09, 11:02
Just a point of information regarding Foghorns.

Every Lighthouse had it's own Foghorn and each and every Foghorn had it's own particular sound. Some were very deep sound and this ranged from this to being quite a High note, like the one that was at Holburn Head Lighrhouse Scrabster.

Not only did thay have different frequences but they also had different amount and the length of blast as well.

This was their signature and this was the way you could tell one Foghorn from another and would help with navagation in poor visability.

At most of the Lighthouses I worked and lived at the Foghorn was never too far away from my bedroom. Depending on the Lighthouse it could have been anything from 20 feet to 100 feet away.

I found the blast quite soothing after a while and never really noticed it and slept right through it. The only times I did notice it was when it stopped and the silence would wake me. :D