PDA

View Full Version : Thumbnail icons of photos in folders.

Rheghead
24-Jul-09, 11:50
I once had the ability to see all my photos from my digicam as thumbnails which allowed me to identify them if they were listed with just the generated filename. Now they just appear all the same with the paintshop pro icon instead of a thumbnail.

Can anyone tell me how to change the settings to allow thumbnails please. Thanks in advance :Razz

dx100uk
24-Jul-09, 13:46
I once had the ability to see all my photos from my digicam as thumbnails which allowed me to identify them if they were listed with just the generated filename. Now they just appear all the same with the paintshop pro icon instead of a thumbnail.

Can anyone tell me how to change the settings to allow thumbnails please. Thanks in advance :Razz

see below

dx

Metalattakk
24-Jul-09, 14:12

I'm thinking this is a fairly simple problem to solve, but excuse me if I'm not reading or understanding the problem entirely. I'm presuming the images are on your PC, not still stored on your cam:

Ok, open the folder that your images are in, right-click in an empty space in that folder, and highlight the 'View' option at the top. Then set that option to 'Thumbnails'.

Et Voilą.

dx100uk
24-Jul-09, 14:41
yep i just worked out what the op might actually be asking as that too!
that should do it.

dx

Rheghead
24-Jul-09, 15:59
I'm thinking this is a fairly simple problem to solve, but excuse me if I'm not reading or understanding the problem entirely. I'm presuming the images are on your PC, not still stored on your cam:

Ok, open the folder that your images are in, right-click in an empty space in that folder, and highlight the 'View' option at the top. Then set that option to 'Thumbnails'.

Et Voilą.

Cheers, I tried to do that but there is no thumbnail option. I have large, medium and small icon options but it just gives the generic paintshop pro image rather than an image icon of the photo.:~(

dx100uk
24-Jul-09, 16:32
Cheers, I tried to do that but there is no thumbnail option. I have large, medium and small icon options but it just gives the generic paintshop pro image rather than an image icon of the photo.:~(

ah so you're on vista then.

now have you one that says details?

if so are the files all ending in imageXXX.PSP
where image XXX is anything, its the .PSP bit [the extension] i'm interested in.

can we also confirm that these files are on your computer or on the camera?

dx

dx100uk
24-Jul-09, 16:38
you might also have to go:

tools
folder options
view
untick box that says hide extension for known file types

dx

Rheghead
24-Jul-09, 16:46
Thanks, that sort me out.:D

Metalattakk
24-Jul-09, 16:48
Well done dx100uk. Vista is beyond my ken, if ye ken. ;)

dx100uk
24-Jul-09, 18:38
Well done dx100uk. Vista is beyond my ken, if ye ken. ;)

what yo mean? my 1st ans was crap! and deserved removal!

trouble with working all day on pc's is you forget the basics

thats me....

anyhow, TBH: i cant se how that fixed it, it wasn't a fix. it was just showing what the .ext of the files were?

i'm puzzled that was the fix!

dx

Metalattakk
25-Jul-09, 01:01
what yo mean? my 1st ans was crap! and deserved removal!

trouble with working all day on pc's is you forget the basics

thats me....

anyhow, TBH: i cant se how that fixed it, it wasn't a fix. it was just showing what the .ext of the files were?

i'm puzzled that was the fix!

dx

First rule of Customer Support:

1. Care not how it was fixed. Care more for who gets the credit.