PDA

View Full Version : Circus Berlin

Rheghead
24-Jul-09, 10:51
I see that the Circus is coming to Wick on the 8th August. I got my ticket though I'm not totally 100% in agreement with the ethics of circuses but I'm willing to put my reservations to one side for the sake of family diplomacy. I'm sure all circus organisers aren't all like Mary Chipperfield??[lol]

theone
24-Jul-09, 11:23
What ethics do you question?

I used to enjoy the circus when they had animals, but it's not the same now. You can only watch so many clowns..........

Rheghead
24-Jul-09, 11:36
You mean this circus doesn't have any animals?:confused

I must say you are right about the entertainment then.

theone
24-Jul-09, 11:37
You mean this circus doesn't have any animals?:confused

Definately not. See their website. Hope you like the trapeze...........

As I understand it they're not allowed travelling circus animals in Britain anymore.

The Angel Of Death
24-Jul-09, 13:12
What ethics do you question?

I used to enjoy the circus when they had animals, but it's not the same now. You can only watch so many clowns..........

Spot on a circus just isnt a circus without lions and tigers elephants etc

Kevin Milkins
24-Jul-09, 13:34
Billy Smart circus coming to town was the highlight of the year when I was a nipper.:Razz

I didn't know that they had no animals with them now though and can't imagine a circus without them.

When they got set up they used to do a walk about town with men riding on elephants and horses, It used be be quite exciting.

Green_not_greed
24-Jul-09, 15:04
You can only watch so many clowns..........

So what's the difference between Circus Berlin and Holyrood then?

chocolatechip
24-Jul-09, 15:49
Where do you obtain tickets and how much are tickets? I would like to go as I have never been to a circus before. Thanks in advance chocolatechip

Rheghead
24-Jul-09, 15:53
I was in a restaurant in Wick and I was given the tickets in return for putting up a poster at my work.

scorrie
24-Jul-09, 16:02
Billy Smart circus coming to town was the highlight of the year when I was a nipper.:Razz

I didn't know that they had no animals with them now though and can't imagine a circus without them.

When they got set up they used to do a walk about town with men riding on elephants and horses, It used be be quite exciting.

The old excitement isn't there since they stopped the public executions either. I loved a good beheading and betting on how far the head would roll afterwards.

(Wipes away a tear for the good old days)

Venture
24-Jul-09, 16:55
I was in a restaurant in Wick and I was given the tickets in return for putting up a poster at my work.
Is it definitely in Wick? I saw vouchers on the counter in D R Simpsons but it was for Inverness. The girl told me they were not coming to Wick. I hope you're right as I thoroughly enjoyed the last one when I took my grandson to see it. Even although there were no animals, it was still very entertaining.:)

balto
24-Jul-09, 16:58
Is it definitely in Wick? I saw vouchers on the counter in D R Simpsons but it was for Inverness. The girl told me they were not coming to Wick. I hope you're right as I thoroughly enjoyed the last one when I took my grandson to see it. Even although there were no animals, it was still very entertaining.:)
hiya aye they are in wick after they have been to thurso, wick is 7th to the 9th of august.

Sporran
24-Jul-09, 17:00
Click on the link below to see the locations and venues. They are coming to both Thurso and Wick! :)

http://www.circusberlin.com/htm/lochome.htm

Moira
24-Jul-09, 17:02
All the details on show performance content and venues/dates etc. are on the Circus Berlin website :-
http://www.circusberlin.com/

Edit: Sporran bet me to it. :)

cuddlepop
24-Jul-09, 17:24
They've been to portree and the big "kids" had a brilliant time.:lol:

Venture
24-Jul-09, 17:58
Thanks everyone for the info. This big kid will definitley be buying tickets.:lol:

Rheghead
24-Jul-09, 18:16
Advanced ticket sales 07836 55 25 55

pat
24-Jul-09, 21:15
This has just been to Stornoway, the young folk absolutely loved the clowns.

Very good performances - is comment from the many folk I have spoken to who went to see the Berlin Circus - hope you all enjoy the hard work from the performers.

sjr014
24-Jul-09, 21:21
We went to the Moscow State Circus in Elgin and the wee ones and the big ones enjoyed it! So will give this one a go when it comes to Wick! Is there tokens anywhere for the half price seats? Im a cheap skate! Lol

northener
24-Jul-09, 22:00
The old excitement isn't there since they stopped the public executions either. I loved a good beheading and betting on how far the head would roll afterwards.

(Wipes away a tear for the good old days)

Aye, but you can still get involved in plenty of Witchunts around the .Org http://www.ukgser.com/forums/images/smilies/augie.gif

scorrie
24-Jul-09, 23:46
Aye, but you can still get involved in plenty of Witchunts around the .Org http://www.ukgser.com/forums/images/smilies/augie.gif

It's just not the same.

I recall attending a Circus in Wick in the 70's and Chimpanzees were given cigarettes to smoke!! After that, a Donkey was given a bottle of beer to drink but only after one of my classmates had had a swig out of the bottle first to confirm that it was real beer. My classmate was 10 years old. Imagine trying any of that these days!!

northener
25-Jul-09, 01:31
It's just not the same.

I recall attending a Circus in Wick in the 70's and Chimpanzees were given cigarettes to smoke!! After that, a Donkey was given a bottle of beer to drink but only after one of my classmates had had a swig out of the bottle first to confirm that it was real beer. My classmate was 10 years old. Imagine trying any of that these days!!

Absolutely, you'd have to give the chimp some class skunk (or E's) and a 10 year old a bottle of Bacardi Breezer...none o' this old-fashioned Woodbine and beer mularkey.

Fran
25-Jul-09, 01:40
I am looking forward to going, i enjoyed the last circus in wick. I certainly wouln't go if there were animals., I used to enjoy the wall of death (motorbikes) but i don't think they have ever been to Caithness.

mumof2
25-Jul-09, 15:01
just wandering how much it costs for tickets? i'm on a bit of a tight budget as are many others i'm sure but wouldn't want the kids 2 miss out.

superceltic
25-Jul-09, 15:42
just wandering how much it costs for tickets? i'm on a bit of a tight budget as are many others i'm sure but wouldn't want the kids 2 miss out.
Shops who have poster displayed received couple of complimentary tickets and also vouchers for half price tickets, we have half price vouchers on counter in Caledonia restaurant for customers to help themselves as i am sure most shops will have.

mumof2
25-Jul-09, 16:49
cheers must get my hands on a few o those! kids granny took them 2 circus last time so think it's my turn. at least it's not the usual singing kettle or mr.boom:lol: