PDA

View Full Version : Advise wanted on a camera

Tugmistress
24-Mar-06, 11:47
I am looking at getting a new upgraded camera (especially after seeing the pics in the photography thread).
I have found this - MINOLTA DiMAGE Z5 at a reasonable (to me) price.
Can anyone either put me onto something better for about the same money (£180 inc delivery) or recommend something else cheaper.
Must have optical zoom rather than digital and also the ability to change exposure rates manually.

Ta muchly

DW
24-Mar-06, 12:07
Panasonic DMC-FZ5
This is a good camera - lots of great features including a 12x optical zoom - yes x12!!!
Costs a wee bit more but worth considering.
reviews are here
http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/panasonic/dmc_fz5-review/index.shtml
and here
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonicfz5/

macleod_callum
24-Mar-06, 12:50
This is a good camera but you have to be aware that Konica Minolta have just sold out to Sony.

Callum

landmarker
24-Mar-06, 19:42
I have the Minolta Dimage Z1. It has 10 x optical zooms. It's pretty good. It cost me nearly three hundred quid two years ago. I'd like to report better than ' pretty good' for that kind of dosh. I was attracted to it simply by a full page ad. in the 'mail' which extolled its virtues.I would like to upgrade to one with more pixels - this has 2.5 mil. I think. The zoom is excellent but I hope they have improved the battery 'door' by now. I'd like one that looks like a standard 35mm slr camera eventually with about six million pixels. I only realised after I'd bought this that it has a plastic body (yes, I know) but over the last two years I have taken some superb photos with it. Mostly in Scotland.

souperman
24-Mar-06, 20:05
I also use a Konica Minolta, the Dimage Z3, it has 4 million pixels with a 12x optical zoom and a very good image stabilising system, cant really fault it. There are so many on the market it is a very confusing process buying a new camera but as with pretty much everything, you get what you pay for, now hurry up and get one and get on the photography thread !!!

Tugmistress
26-Mar-06, 13:52
I also use a Konica Minolta, the Dimage Z3, it has 4 million pixels with a 12x optical zoom and a very good image stabilising system, cant really fault it. There are so many on the market it is a very confusing process buying a new camera but as with pretty much everything, you get what you pay for, now hurry up and get one and get on the photography thread !!!

ok i bit the bullet and ended up just purchasing a Konica Minolta Dimage Z10 (3MP) from ebay for £69 including delivery. It seems like a good deal and there are more available if anyone is thinking of buying one :)

ice box
26-Mar-06, 14:09
ok i bit the bullet and ended up just purchasing a Konica Minolta Dimage Z10 (3MP) from ebay for £69 including delivery. It seems like a good deal and there are more available if anyone is thinking of buying one :)
Great news tuggs now i will be looking forward to seeing some of your picture.