PDA

View Full Version : Gala Queen

dirdyweeker
23-Jul-09, 23:44
Wondering if there is a reason for not seeing the Wick or Thurso Gala Queens (and their entourage) pictures in the "Groat"?
I always seem to recall a picture of the Queens and her attendants being printed every other year. It would have been nice to see them in advance, for us the public and I am sure the people themselves concerned.

Venture
23-Jul-09, 23:55
Well I'm sure I saw the Wick Gala Queen and her attendants in either the Groat or Courier.

Alice in Blunderland
23-Jul-09, 23:56
Me too. :D A blonde haired lassie I think as I remember seeing it at work and folk commenting on it.

dirdyweeker
24-Jul-09, 00:33
Must have missed it then. Have searched back copies (online) of both "Groat" and "Courier" to no avail. Have also searched here on the Org.
I am surprised to have missed such a thing.

lynne duncan
24-Jul-09, 00:47
come to the zip slide on saturday and watch out for a pirate as that will be the gala queen in fancy dress "i was informed"
but like you i couldn't find it online, but sure i saw it in the paper

Venture
24-Jul-09, 01:14
Unfortunately they don't put everything from the paper online. I certainly don't remember seeing the Thurso ones.

Bobinovich
24-Jul-09, 09:57
The Thurso gala queen can be seen on the Gala 2009 page of their website (http://www.thurso.org), along with the programme of events

dirdyweeker
24-Jul-09, 16:21
Lovely photo of the Thurso Queen. Good website with lots of lovely pictures of all their previous Queens. Still not found one of the Wick one though:(

R9Sh13ld532
24-Jul-09, 16:36
well there definitely was a picture of the wick gala queen + attendants in the groat quite a wee while back, as i remember delivering the papers they were in

dirdyweeker
24-Jul-09, 20:06
well there definitely was a picture of the wick gala queen + attendants in the groat quite a wee while back, as i remember delivering the papers they were in

Thanks for that, now just got to delve a bit and try to pin the right copy down.:)

Thurso Town Improvements
24-Jul-09, 20:17
Wick Gala Queen photo was on front page of Groat 12th June. I still have a copy if you want it.

dirdyweeker
24-Jul-09, 20:19
Wick Gala Queen photo was on front page of Groat 12th June. I still have a copy if you want it.

Can not believe I missed a front page item such as that. I must have been away or goodness knows what. Yes would love a copy. Will PM you.
Thanks

im behind you
24-Jul-09, 21:48
why are you so concerd about the gala queens and wanting pictures of them why dont you go down on saturday with your camera

dirdyweeker
25-Jul-09, 00:41
why are you so concerd about the gala queens and wanting pictures of them why dont you go down on saturday with your camera

Not concerned at all, just would like to see the photo from the paper.....as I usually do every year. The picture in the local paper shows the Gala Queen before the ceremony and that is the one I want. Fortunately someone has come to my rescue.
Do not fear I will be there today watching the whole event though not perhaps with a camera.