PDA

View Full Version : Dressed to Kill

Haywire
23-Jul-09, 20:33
Dressed to Kill will be in Orkney on Friday 21st August in Fusion nightclub if anyone's interested in a trip across the Firth and a weekend on the lash in Kirkwall. There's no support band only the trustee rock DJs to warm up the (sparse) crowd. I'm not sure how much the tickets are but they'll not be too expensive, likely 12 odd quid.

They played Fusion in September but it was a pitiful turnout what with it being a Sunday and poor promotion but don't let that put you off. The band was on tremendous form that night with plenty of indoor pyro so I'm hoping for a better turnout this time as it's a Friday.

Anyway, Orcadian1964 told me that he'll buy drink all night for anyone who comes across from Wick with him!!

theboss
24-Jul-09, 09:04
Dressed to Kill will be in Orkney on Friday 21st August in Fusion nightclub if anyone's interested in a trip across the Firth and a weekend on the lash in Kirkwall. There's no support band only the trustee rock DJs to warm up the (sparse) crowd. I'm not sure how much the tickets are but they'll not be too expensive, likely 12 odd quid.

They played Fusion in September but it was a pitiful turnout what with it being a Sunday and poor promotion but don't let that put you off. The band was on tremendous form that night with plenty of indoor pyro so I'm hoping for a better turnout this time as it's a Friday.

Anyway, Orcadian1964 told me that he'll buy drink all night for anyone who comes across from Wick with him!!

They're also in Skinandi's the night after on the 22nd of August for anyone that doesn't fancy a trip across the water.

orcadian1964
15-Aug-09, 10:37

Thanks for volunteering me for that one Haywire ....... I haven't been near Caithness.org for a while so haven't picked up on your comment till now :lol:

As Dressed To Kill are playing Skins next week I think I will going there and passing on the Fusion gig.

Anyone who has any kind of appreciation for Kiss' music should really go and see these guys ....... the gig in Kirkwall last year was absolutely excellent!

Metalattakk
19-Aug-09, 02:46
A lot of people interested in this gig, from what I've heard. Good to see the band taking centre stage over the disco crowd for a change. ;)

However, there seems to be a distinct lack of information regarding the admission price. One has to wonder why they don't want to tell people how much it's gonna cost to get in...

Maybe someone in the know will be able to inform us.

Kenneth
19-Aug-09, 08:53
seemed to me like this wasnt going to be such a well attended event but oh well we will see

Metalattakk
19-Aug-09, 17:09
Let me qualify my previous statement by saying that rather than 'A lot of people interested' I should have probably said 'A fair few people I know have expressed an interest in this gig'.

Again though, how much is it to get in?

buddyrich
19-Aug-09, 21:33
Again though, how much is it to get in?

Last time we spoke you said you were loaded-surely you can scrape together some fifties from down the back o the couch?

Metalattakk
19-Aug-09, 22:16
Last time we spoke you said you were loaded-surely you can scrape together some fifties from down the back o the couch?

Oh aye, nae bother. But I'll not be supporting Skins if they're only in it to rip the eyes out of us.

The lack of any information on their rather shambolic website is not encouraging, to say the least. ;)

buddyrich
19-Aug-09, 22:42
Ye gods! I just looked at the skins website. I didnt realise they were a Kiss tribute.

Do they do I was made for lovin you?

Metalattakk
19-Aug-09, 23:04
Nah, they perform the full 'The Elder' album though... ;)

I wouldn't think they do much of the 'unmasked' era stuff, hopefully they do the full pyro and blood and guts stage show. The Saturday night Skins dance dollies are in for a shock. :D

buddyrich
19-Aug-09, 23:14
Awesome. Music from The Elder. Absolute classic.

I might actually go to this if you're planning it. I behaved disgracefully at the last tribute i saw there so i'll make good this time.

Metalattakk
20-Aug-09, 00:31
Awesome. Music from The Elder. Absolute classic.

I might actually go to this if you're planning it. I behaved disgracefully at the last tribute i saw there so i'll make good this time.

Yes, yes indeed you did. Ya beeg galoot! [lol]

Aye, I'm planning it. Should be a welcome change from all the shoe-gazing, boring, jangly-guitar playing indie crap that's still on the go up here. Let's see a rock show, some stage craft and an entertaining performance, eh?

(Final decision dependant on ticket price though, as stated in previous posts.)

Kenneth
20-Aug-09, 07:58
Aye, I'm planning it. Should be a welcome change from all the shoe-gazing, boring, jangly-guitar playing indie crap that's still on the go up here.

BOOO!!!!!

Although I have to say, I have not seen a lot of Indie bands up here!??! Or in Thurso anyway?

Metalattakk
20-Aug-09, 10:22
Kenny - I take it even you, an employee of Skins, don't know how much the entrance fee is for Saturday night?

Kenneth
20-Aug-09, 11:25
£8!!!!!! hello RIP OFF!

but i get in for free :)

buddyrich
20-Aug-09, 13:55
£8? Come on, surely thats not too bad, considering what i hear you normally have to pay to get in on a saturday when theres just radio 1 being played over the pa.

guitarzan
20-Aug-09, 16:10
I don't think £8 is unreasonable!

As buddyrich says, it's £7 on a normal night and at least you're getting some live music.

From what I hear these boys are a cracking tribute band.

Kenneth
21-Aug-09, 09:09
Ahhh darn, I just thought you wanted to know how much it was on a normal sat night......

I don't know how much it is...not too sure if they are selling tickets for it at the Central or anything but I've not seen any....probably is just £8 at the door as usual

not a fan of KISS by any stretch of the imagination but it would be fun seeing this band i think, instead of the usual dance stuff

Metalattakk
21-Aug-09, 10:51
Ahhh darn, I just thought you wanted to know how much it was on a normal sat night......

Christ, it's like pulling teeth trying to get an honest answer to an honest question on here. [evil]

Q: How much does it cost to get in?
A: David Beckham!

A: Weetabix!

A: A bucket of fish and some troubadours!

A: Dihydrogen Monoxide!

A: A Fatwah and 20 Woodbines.

Kenneth
21-Aug-09, 15:12
apologies, i will now commit hari-kari for the shame i have brought upon myself. I reckon itll be £8 though

buddyrich
22-Aug-09, 03:37
Alas i cant go now. Playing down Loch Ness-side somewhere tomorrow night. Shame, maybe next time.

Metalattakk
23-Aug-09, 22:02
Good gig last night, the boys were certainly on form. Pyro, fire-breathing and Paul Stanley's biro'd-on chest wig (no curly ones mind) made for a very realistic performance. :D

Here's a very fuzzy 'phone pic:

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z55/Metalattakk/DSC00014.jpg

Kenneth
24-Aug-09, 09:54
I bloody loved them!!! haha

buddyrich
24-Aug-09, 09:59
Although if you were in a Kiss tribute band, surely at some point you would look at yourselves and think, how did things come to this?

Haywire
24-Aug-09, 10:39
They were very good over in Kirkwall on Friday night. If I hadn't had child care commitments on Saturday night I would have ventured over the water to see them In Thurso as well.

How well attended was it in Thurso? I reckon there was no more than 150 folk at the Kirkwall gig, maybe not even that.

loganbiffy
24-Aug-09, 11:19
Although if you were in a Kiss tribute band, surely at some point you would look at yourselves and think, how did things come to this?

That's exactly what I was thinking. And I certainly would not fancy getting dressed up in that clobber every night before a show!

Kenneth
24-Aug-09, 13:13

Hahaha! I guess so...still, I enjoyed the show they put on. Bit of a change from the usual.

Metalattakk
24-Aug-09, 14:34

Pretty sure it's only a part-time gig for the boys in the band. The drummer is a national radio presenter for talkSPORT - Ian Danter (http://www1.talksport.net/shows/presenter.asp?presenterId=100051).

BigKev
02-Sep-09, 12:33
I managed to miss this one being away with astronot for the weekend, was it busy at all? I take it they went on stage at 12.

I hear they hired in a bloke to do the sound, any idea who it was?

the_big_mac
02-Sep-09, 12:52
I managed to miss this one being away with astronot for the weekend, was it busy at all? I take it they went on stage at 12.

Unfortunatly for those that are not a fan of Kiss its was pretty dissapointing. Plenty of complaints. Probably not the best idea for a Sat night.

But personally I thought they were lethal beans.

God knows who did the sound, I was just a little bit blazin!

guitarzan
02-Sep-09, 16:52

It was dead to start with.

The band went on about 1145 and at that point there was about 15 - 20 folk in! Once the usual suspects piled in at 12 though there were a good few people on the go.

The guy that did the sound was from Inverness I'm sure... but like the big mac, I'd had a few as well so can't be 100%.

The Pepsi Challenge
02-Sep-09, 17:41
[QUOTE=the_big_mac;588533]Unfortunatly for those that are not a fan of Kiss its was pretty dissapointing. Plenty of complaints. Probably not the best idea for a Sat night.[QUOTE]

You mean, people who are not Kiss fans, knowing fine well it was a Kiss tribute act, actually went along only to complain? How odd.

Metalattakk
02-Sep-09, 18:23
You mean, people who are not Kiss fans, knowing fine well it was a Kiss tribute act, actually went along only to complain? How odd.

Yup, but that's your Disco Dollies for ya. ;)

The Pepsi Challenge
02-Sep-09, 18:27
Yup, but that's your Disco Dollies for ya. ;)

I guess there's no accounting for human behaviour.

the_big_mac
02-Sep-09, 18:55
[quote=the_big_mac;588533]Unfortunatly for those that are not a fan of Kiss its was pretty dissapointing. Plenty of complaints. Probably not the best idea for a Sat night.[quote]

Its Skins on a Sat night Pepsi. Of course the general public dont know whats on, they never have in the past and they never will in the future. They just all turn up expecting the same thing they get every week. Unless its an abba tribute or Kenny Rogers then I dont expect the majority of folk to "like" any event thats put on.

Thankfully there was a good few folk that do pay attention to whats on and they gave the band the reception that they deserved.

cullbucket
05-Sep-09, 16:08
The suspense is killing me - how much was it to get in?

Metalattakk
05-Sep-09, 22:42
[lol]

Nine quid.