PDA

View Full Version : Just popped in for that Dummy I spat ..

Gene Hunt
23-Jul-09, 11:07
.. Oh Dear .. :~(

I apologise if it hit anyone as well. But seeing as I havent had Injury Lawyers 4 U on the phone I reckon I am safe. I humbly seek forgiveness from the Org fraternity for my hasty actions and if it makes any difference I have spent the last week chained to a Welsh hilltop, buck naked, with no solid food, just getting water from the freezing cold rain and chanting "If people annoy me I can always use the Ignore function" over and over. I believe I have learned my lesson.

Coudnt resist popping back in and seeing what was happening, whether Northerner had survived his journey, whether Crayola was still as a saucy as a direct hit on a Heinz factory and whether Jox was still bald. Well to be honest I didnt have much doubt about the last one. But you never know. Maybe he got himself a syrup.

I did take a trip to Wick. I was sitting in the house one day a couple of weeks after my hissy fit and just got in the car and kep driving. I overnighted in Inverness with an old colleague but once I got across the big bridge I just marvelled at the scenery. And the last twenty miles into Wick were just an amazing driving road, the car got a good workout and I had a major smile on my face when I arrived. I got in at about 8 in the morning and had a drive around. Had a cup of tea in a cafe at the harbour and then a local woman told me the best place for a breakfast was Tesco's. Had one there and then off to Thurso for a look, nice place too. Back to Wick but couldnt find the Bignold Hospital I was born in, apparently it has been torn down. The guy I stopped and asked just looked at me like I was mad. I had some dinner and a pint in a Hotel just south of Wick and headed home again. Loved the place, beautiful scenery and everyone was friendly. And thanks to Trixie and her writing in dialect I even understood a bit of local lingo. The family have been convinced they dont know what they are missing. Even the wife realises she was stupid, something I take great pleasure in reminding her of. Frequently.

bekisman
23-Jul-09, 11:15
Welcome back!

northener
23-Jul-09, 11:17
Oh Gawd 'elp us all.

Nice to have you back, Gene.

Fluff
23-Jul-09, 11:23
The lure of the Org was too strong. Welcome back Gene, glad your trip went well!

The Angel Of Death
23-Jul-09, 11:40
couldnt find the Bignold Hospital I was born in, apparently it has been torn down.

You would have passed it as you went to tesco's its been pulled down but there are houses there and its called bignold court now its right on the corner before the straight taking you out to tesco's

shazzap
23-Jul-09, 11:51
Hi again you are not the first and won't be the last to spit your dummy out. we have all done it if we are honest with our selves. Glad you enjoyed your trip. :)

butterfly
23-Jul-09, 13:41
It's great to have you back Gene,missed your posts,been dull around here without you.:)

Venture
23-Jul-09, 13:48
Welcome back Gene I for one have certainly missed your very witty posts. It's a shame you couldn't have met up with someone when you were here. You more than likely passed a few orgers in Tescos without knowing it. :lol:

Now no more huffing and dummies are banned. Good to have you back and great that you managed a visit to Wick while you were away. Perhaps you would have never visited if you hadn't left us for a break so things did come good in the end.;)

Part of the Bignold Hospital is still standing. I don't know 100% for sure but I don't think babies were born there. It was more than likely the Henderson you were born in and that I'm afraid has been pulled down.

Kevin Milkins
23-Jul-09, 14:39
Welcome back to the org Gene, shame you didn't give us the heads up on your visit as it would have been good to say hi.

The mountain that you sat on to contemplate life, was that where Morgan the Moon launched his rocket from?

Gene Hunt
23-Jul-09, 15:30
Cheers folks,

I didnt think to give a heads up as I just got in the car and went. Had a lot on my mind at the time and just needed the break. Please dont be offended. The wife wasnt too happy with me, not because I came North but just because I was almost in Edinburgh before I told her. I was obviously in trouble when I got home (Edinburgh ?? .. EDINBURGH ?? .. WHAT THE *censored* ARE YOU DOING IN EDINBURGH ??) so I figured "in for a penny, in for a pound" and just kept going. It was an amazing drive especially Inverness-Wick, I really enjoyed that. I stopped more than once to just admire the view. Then I got back and realised that I had gone all that way and couldnt have gone to John O Groats but didnt .. Doh.

And Kevin .. if its one near Maerdy then probably !!, I have been spending a lot of time up hills lately as work has been just manic and I need the peace to be honest.

katarina
23-Jul-09, 16:31
You would have passed it as you went to tesco's its been pulled down but there are houses there and its called bignold court now its right on the corner before the straight taking you out to tesco's

Its not actually been pulled down, the origonal building still stands and has been converted into houses.

ciderally
23-Jul-09, 16:55
haste ye back.....xx

joxville
23-Jul-09, 16:58
Hi Gene

Northener is still inflicting expounding his unique brand of wit & wisdom on us, I can't tell you about Crayola being saucy-she's sworn me to secrecy and yep, I'm still bald....but handsome with it. :cool:

BTW, welcome back.

[lol]

northener
23-Jul-09, 17:51
Hi Gene

Northener is still inflicting expounding his unique brand of wit & wisdom on us,...............

[lol]

Right, I'll have my Farrah Fawcett poster back if your going to take the pish...........

Alice in Blunderland
23-Jul-09, 18:39
Here you go.....................

http://www.ian.coates.btinternet.co.uk/images/pacifier.jpg

One dummy returned to owner. I caught it and kept it for you. ;)

Alice in Blunderland
23-Jul-09, 19:20
Oh and by the way I didnt its a big one ....................are you sure it will fit........... ;) :lol: :lol:

Bobinovich
23-Jul-09, 19:27
Was that the one under your coffee table yesterday Alice? If so then there's some explaining to do :lol:

Gene I'm delighted you're back. I've washed down the perspex screen I'd bought for in front of my monitor - no more free tea washes there when I'm reading your posts! Welcome home :D

weeboyagee
23-Jul-09, 19:30
And there's me just about to head south and return the visit! Eisteddfod, Y Bala - here I come!

WBG :cool:

Alice in Blunderland
23-Jul-09, 19:30
Was that the one under your coffee table yesterday Alice? If so then there's some explaining to do

:D

Darn and I told you it belonged to my pals little one oh Sherlock Holmes that you are............. ;)

Shh now you've told everyone you were at ma hoose yesterday..... :eek:

Alice in Blunderland
23-Jul-09, 19:31
Welcome home :D

err less of the welcome home he snuck up and away again without taking us all to the pub. :Razz

golach
23-Jul-09, 19:35
Oh and by the way I didnt its a big one ....................are you sure it will fit........... :lol: :lol:
I am sure Gene will find an orifice to fit , no matter where [lol]

cuddlepop
23-Jul-09, 19:38
Glad your back Gene,now no more throwing the dummy out the pram but you can shake that rattle.

It can be quiet entertaining when you shake that rattle......;):lol:

Cinderella's Shoe
23-Jul-09, 19:41
Gene

This old thread has some old photos of what you were looking for

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=7694

Gene Hunt
23-Jul-09, 19:59
Nice to see that the welcome commitee consists of mickey taking, a picture of a dummy and a suggestion that I can no doubt find an orifice to put it .. :eek:

I expected no less .. warms my heart so it does.

Alice in Blunderland
23-Jul-09, 20:05
I expected no less .. warms my heart so it does.

I'm so glad we have lived up to your expectations................. :D

No matter how high or low they may have been. ;)

scorrie
23-Jul-09, 20:21
Here you go.....................

http://www.ian.coates.btinternet.co.uk/images/pacifier.jpg

One dummy returned to owner. I caught it and kept it for you. ;)

This is strange Alice. A former org user contacted me and asked me to return Mr Hunt's Dummy to him asap. I have been promised that THIS one, pictured below, is the genuine article:-

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/513525847_01747be6bc_o.jpg

Gene, I was told to tell you:-

"Get your lips round this one"

Maybe you know who/what this is all about? Welcome back.

scorrie
23-Jul-09, 20:25
This Dummy was listed as "Redneck Pacifier - SMALL"

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/redneck-20pacifier-small.jpg

Gene Hunt
23-Jul-09, 20:29
This is strange Alice. A former org user contacted me and asked me to return Mr Hunt's Dummy to him asap. I have been promised that THIS one, pictured below, is the genuine article:-

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/513525847_01747be6bc_o.jpg

Gene, I was told to tell you:-

"Get your lips round this one"

Maybe you know who/what this is all about? Welcome back.

I have an idea .. ;) .. but no .. just no. But you have to wonder what someone what would be looking for to find that !!

Alice in Blunderland
23-Jul-09, 20:34
Aww shucks its not the dummy he came back for ....thats an excuse.........................what hes trying to say, but hes shy :eek:

is that he really, really, missed us.................. ;)

< group hug >

Gene Hunt
23-Jul-09, 21:52
Aww shucks its not the dummy he came back for ....thats an excuse.........................what hes trying to say, but hes shy :eek:

is that he really, really, missed us.................. ;)

< group hug >

*Gulp*

Alright then I did. You lot were my oasis of insanity in the world of feminine logic, nagging and organisation I inhabit at home and the world of largely humour free chaos and stress I am partly responsible for at work. I missed the madness.

But if anyone dares to think the Gene Genie has gone soft I will fire up the Quattro, drive round to your houses and stamp on all your toys.

Good kids .. ;)

Fran
24-Jul-09, 00:52
What a pity to come all this way and not see john o groats.the bignold hospital building is just the same even though it has been converted to houses, the middle door was the entrance to A & E. Come back again.

Vistravi
24-Jul-09, 01:58
Rattles are much more fun than dummies. More noise and more chaos when used as a weapon ;)

You're posts make me laugh keep them coming;)

sassylass
25-Jul-09, 21:09
phew good to know your intention wasn't to bash heads :eek: