PDA

View Full Version : motor cycle trianing

jockyplunck
23-Jul-09, 08:19
hi can any one tell me where to get a cbt test for a motor cycle? i am looking for the telephone no. and possibly some more information as to how long the course lasts for. i have never riden a motor cycle before and i would like to give it a try. any information would be much appreciated. thanks

Alice in Blunderland
23-Jul-09, 08:36
David Bremner from Thrumster 01955 651317 does the CBT locally. Give him a ring and he can sort you out. He can give you all the information you will need :)

northener
23-Jul-09, 09:05
Jocky, the CBT lasts one day and is suitable for complete beginners. It starts off with off-road tuition and finishes with a supervised ride-out in the afternoon.

Davids' a good instructor, though he can be difficult to get hold of sometimes as he works during the day and is out teaching in the evening and at weekends.

ShelleyCowie
23-Jul-09, 11:30
Im pretty sure it was David that i done my CBT with. Very good instructor! :D

EDDIE
23-Jul-09, 17:16
It lasts a day i did mine a month a go quite enjoyed it never done it before but it is a good idea to read your highway code before u go because it does help u on the day when they ask u questions?.
I had never riden a bike before and i got the certificate at the end when u go out on the road for the first time on a bike i felt very vunerable to start with

im behind you
23-Jul-09, 19:23
i to am interested in doing this. so can i turn up on any size bike to start with or what. and if i pass the test at the end of the day is at me able to ride a bike with Ls on until i pass.

northener
23-Jul-09, 19:36
i to am interested in doing this. so can i turn up on any size bike to start with or what. and if i pass the test at the end of the day is at me able to ride a bike with Ls on until i pass.

All the info you need is here: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/LearnerAndNewDrivers/LearningToDriveOrRide/index.htm

In a nutshell, you need to be 16 to ride a 50cc scooter and 17 to ride up to a 125cc scooter or motorbike. You MUST be in possession of the correct provisional licence when you turn up for your CBT.

The CBT can be taken on your own bike if it is suitable for the category in which you wish to ride.

Or you can hire bikes off David on the day.

Hope this helps.

Alice in Blunderland
23-Jul-09, 20:08
Or you can hire bikes off David on the day.

I hired my bike from David on the day and it wasn't too expensive. :)

EDDIE
23-Jul-09, 22:44

Its not a test at the very worst they can ask u to come back for a we bit extra training if they think u need it your far better of using there bike there insurance so if u have an accident with the bike its not ure problem and no u cant turn up on any size of bike u need to do the cbt first before you can go on a motorbike with L