PDA

View Full Version : Young Mothers.

cuddlepop
22-Jul-09, 17:06
Do you think "girls" are mature eneogh at 16+ to have a baby?

I was 23 before I had my first and that was a steep learning curve.
Not so much bringing up a baby as I'm the eldest of 4 but the isolation of living in Uig and having no immediate family of my own near by.:(

There seems to be a "young" baby boom overhere.:confused

Tubthumper
22-Jul-09, 18:58
I'm hoping there are enough sprogs being produced to support me in my old age.
I've seen plenty of mid 20's and early 30's mothers who have made a complete hash of parenting, and quite a few young lassies who've done a good job. And vice-versa of course.
Perhaps the boom you're seeing is in response to boredom? Or perhaps the young ladies concerned aren't fooled by the government's exhortations to 'go to university because it will make your life better'.

annemarie482
22-Jul-09, 19:33
i was 21 when i had my son and to be honest that was soon enough for me, but a pleasant surpise all the same!
i'm now 24 and he's 2 1/2 and i also have a seven month old daughter, and i wouldn't change a thing.
i'm glad i didn't leave it until i was older, as just now i have the patience and health to do everything we want to do, yet i'll be young enough that i'm not a dinosaur by time they hit their teens!:lol:

balto
22-Jul-09, 19:39
i think 16 is way to young to have a baby, as they are nothing more than kids themselves, they should enjoy life, practice safe sex and wait unto they are mature enough. i was 23 when i had my 1st daughter, and even i think that was to young to be honest, but i wouldnt change it now for anything.

ShelleyCowie
22-Jul-09, 19:43
I fell pregnant with athrun when i was 19, had him when i was 20. I did not think that was too young for me. I have always wanted children. Im 21 now so still young enough to have another, just need to get my OH round to the idea of having 4 kids! [lol]

16 years old might be a bit young. As Balto said, they are still kids themselves. Sometimes it can be sad to see them loosing out on so much.

Safe sex is not stressed enough i think. I know it wasnt in my school.

But there are young mums out there who are excellent mums! It just depends on the individual and whether or not they are prepared to mature so quickly.

brandy
22-Jul-09, 20:42
i see teen girls every day going on about... oh how they would love to have a baby, and how wonderful it would be... ect.. and when you try to mention that its a lot of responsibilty that get all afronted... these are the same girls that go out every weekend and drink theirselves sick.. lay in their beds to noon, then crawl into the daylight gurning how tired that they are and how they need more rest. and the majority of these kids still live at home.. smooch off mum and dad, and whine more than my 6 and 4 year old combined ever dreamed of.
should they be running out and getting preg. so they can play mommy?
absolutly not!
however there are some girls the same age, that are hard working, mature and if they fell preg. or planned to start a family, then they would carry on and get the job done. and do what was needed to be a mum.
it all depends on the maturity of the girl and boy.. remember it takes two to make a baby!
when i was 16, i had the same silly thought.. oh i would love a baby! i love kids.. ect.. and oh... if the all time fav. if i get preg, then he would stay with me.
the blindness of youth.
i was 26 when i had my first 27 when i had my second 29 when i had my 3rd.
im now 32 years old. we have decided that we would like to try one last time for another baby. if we are lucky enough to be able to have a baby, it will be our last as i dont think i could handle more than 3! *G*
anyeay back to subject.. in my humble opinion, with the experiance of once neing a young girl almost woman... my advice, enjoy your youth... party, have a good time. its the only chance you will ever ever have to be wild and free as you are now. once you have a baby you are tied down for the rest of your life. you will have loads of late nights.. just not the kind you are use to! *Winks*
its never a decision to be made lightly, as its not something that you can return, and once done... well your stuck with that baby, and its daddy... and usually that daddys parents.. because they will want to see their grandbaby... even if you dont want to see them! *laughs*
there are so many issues here.. it would take several threads to cover!
toddles off to watch tv... as my munchkins are upstairs watching munchkins.. aka wizard of Oz!

Vistravi
22-Jul-09, 20:57
16 is too young but one of my friends fell pregnant when she was 16 and the father my partner's best friend did a runner and left her to it after she refused to have an abortion. she is a excellent mum to her 4 month old baby. i did worry that she wasn't going to be mature enough but she matured and is a wonderful mum.

As long as the woman regardless of age can give a child what they need then being too young is not an issue.

I do think that 16 to 18 is too young. But 19 and above is not. I had a scare a while ago now and it made me see that i'd be more worried about coping finacinal than anything else.

I already live away from my close family so that is not an issue when kids do come along for my partner and myself.

Whitewater
22-Jul-09, 23:03
Have to agree with brandy. At 16 or 17 you are only becoming old enough to earn some money for yourself. That is the age when you begin to enjoy life and have a good time. I think all young people should have some fun while they can, life can become very difficult when you have children at too young an age. But I guess everybody will have different thoughts on this, but when you are too young I don't think you have the earning potential or maturity to support a family properly.

Anne x
22-Jul-09, 23:33
I was 27 when I had my daughter after being told I could not have children long boring story which I have no desire to share and far to emotional I was lucky enough to get there and have my child my one and only now
I was by a long way the oldest mum in the maternity ward and felt ancient compared with the young mums I was a bundle of nerves they all took it in there stride
young girls at 16 having kids they have not had a life and are but children themselves and have no lives or lived long enough they tie themselves down far to early having said that a lot of them do a good job under difficult circumstance

I sometimes think its just a way out for some and they get benefit and flats or housing

obviously practising safe sex and birth control was never mentioned or more important never heeded or taken in

purplelady
22-Jul-09, 23:43
I for one think 16 is too young was21 with my 1st and looking back that was too young had my last one at 36 and i found it easier with him not sure if that was duye to be older or more experenced but i do know at 16 i would never have coped x

miller30
23-Jul-09, 04:03
The best times of my life was 15/16!! where you were free to do what you wanted when you wanted, well within reason of course.

I was 21 when i had my first, 26 with the second, 29 with the third, and i know with the last two it was easier, especially the last, not sure if this is because i was older, or is it that your first is hard as it is such a life changing experience, or mabye that i am older (sadly) and hopefully wiser.

I think it is more of a shame when 16 year olds have children as they have lost their youth and you cant get that back. but for the majority of them they seem to cope, mabye because they dont really understand what is going to be coming at them in the future.

But I also think parents need to teach their children about contraception, i know that in my generation my mum didnt talk to me about it.

cuddlepop
23-Jul-09, 08:46
I agree with you 16 is too young,your only finding out about "the grown up world yourself".
If you find yourself tied down with a baby before your even 18 dont you think later on you'll want to find the youth like experiences you lost?
Can a relationship started so young last?
Does grandmum end up with the baby?

It seems its done in a moments madness,lets hope its not a lifetime regret.:(

porshiepoo
23-Jul-09, 09:04
I was married at 18 and had twins at 19.
Have to say that in one sense I was too young but in another sense I was too young to be neurotic and over protective with them.
Up to the point of having my twins I hadn't even picked a baby up as I was too frightened (And i had loads of nieces and nephews), but it's different with your own.

I agree 16 is too young in most instances and I would be mortified if one of my girls (now 18) decided to settle down with a baby.
There are some girls though that accidentally fall pregnant at 16 and turn out to be the most amazing of mothers and natural at it - who am I to say that in these instances the mother is too young?

Alot of people think that having kids at a young age ruins your life and makes you miss out on all those youthful, carefree experiences - not so!
I was never one for night clubs (been to one in my entire life), I preferred to go to the older style places with the in laws. I just didn't want to do what all the other kids my age was doing.
Having kids at a young age can make life more interesting and make you a better person than a life of partying etc ever can.
Since having my kids we've seen the world and experienced things that I never would have otherwise. Kids give you the impetuce to do things and to try harder.
Perhaps 16 year olds are not emotionally equipped to deal with a sprog - who knows! But I do know that there are some 36 year olds that are still not emotionally equipped to deal with a sprog. Every person is different and rightly or wrongly it wasn't that long ago that girls of 13 / 14 were expected to have kids. Thankfully, that is no longer acceptable in this day and age.

porshiepoo
23-Jul-09, 09:08
I agree with you 16 is too young,your only finding out about "the grown up world yourself".
If you find yourself tied down with a baby before your even 18 dont you think later on you'll want to find the youth like experiences you lost?
Can a relationship started so young last?
Does grandmum end up with the baby?

It seems its done in a moments madness,lets hope its not a lifetime regret.:(

I have to say that yes, they can last.
I met my husband at 17 (he was 27), married at 18 and have just celebrated 19 years together.
I do not regret a single moment, not even the hard times.
I do not regret the experiences I may have lost because they have been replaced with experiences that in my eyes are 100 times more precious.
What I think I would regret is a lifetime of partying, getting drunk, falling in and out of love etc etc.
I could never regret who and what I have now. :)

crashbandicoot1979
23-Jul-09, 10:33
I think it just depends on the person. I'm 29 now and I still feel too young to have a child!!! I've met some fantastic teen mothers and equally some older mothers who seem clueless, and vice versa. Its hard to say really...personally I think 16 is too young but thats because I've enjoyed my young life without children and wouldn't change it for anything, and I know I would have struggled with a child at 16.

It all depends what you want out of life aswell....

_Ju_
23-Jul-09, 10:44
I was by a long way the oldest mum in the maternity ward and felt ancient compared with the young mums I was a bundle of nerves they all took it in there stride
young girls at 16 having kids they have not had a life and are but children themselves ......

When you are young you are invincible. You know everything. Nothing can go wrong, and if it does, you are not yet 'responsible'. When you are older you know that everything you believed when you were young was a fantasy. You are responsible. You know that almost everything can and will go wrong. You know that some wrongs cannot be fixed. And you miss your youth for the freedom it afforded you.
There are good and bad in younger and older parents. But younger mothers are throwing away something they should savour. And in savouring your youth and making your mistakes, you usually gain the experience you need to be a good mother.
So leave it for a while. Go to Uni/college, even if you think it's a waste of time- it will be the most fun you have ever had. Most of us have a lifetime of work, bill paying, kid raising to look forward to. Holding all that off for a few years is a luxury no one should lightheartedly throw away.

Flashman
23-Jul-09, 11:07

Not so much bringing up a baby as I'm the eldest of 4 but the isolation of living in Uig and having no immediate family of my own near by.:(

I think if the girl wants to go places and see different thing's in life then yes it is too young, having a child then will hamper her education and limit her options in life.

But that does not mean they are not mature enough, it depends on the person but 16 year olds are more than capable of making perfectly good mothers

katarina
23-Jul-09, 16:32
do you think once a woman is over seventy she is maybe too mature to have a baby?

_Ju_
23-Jul-09, 16:47
As far as I am aware, even with dodgy insemination, no one over 70 has mothered a child.

From the point of the view of the child I think it is wrong for obvious reasons- age (ability to carry out child related activiteis- though this can be argued against by pointing out the case of very capable, but disabled mothers) , the risk of death while child is dependant, making it an orphan (which cannot be argued against- why raise the risk of something going wrong where it concerns a child?)

katarina
23-Jul-09, 20:07
there was a 74 year old on tv this morning looking desperately for some one to donate eggs so she could have her first baby. She got enough money so she can pay. Poor kid.
I must add that i had my first at age 20, and looking back, although I was a good enough mother - I was way too young! I remember standing washing nappies in the sink with tears in my eyes as i watched my friends dance down the street on their way to a dance or a party.

katarina
23-Jul-09, 20:09
oops! no. she was 72. just noticed there is another thread about her!

shamrock2007
23-Jul-09, 21:01
At 16 you should be out having fun with your friends with nothing to worry about. Ideal age to have kids is 20's or 30's fairer on them & you. They won't want to feel resented for being born when you were so young. I was 21 when i had my daughter & still feel it was a bit young but wouldn't change it for anything!

mums angels
23-Jul-09, 23:06
I was 16 when i fell pregnant with my daughter and i don't think it has done her or me any harm. I hate teenage mums that have babies because they want one or think its cool to have a pram to push around or have them and pass them off to other people all the time . I had to grow up fast when i had my daughter and so did her dad , we gave up most of our social life but that was what we chose to do . We knew that we had made a life so we therefore had to stand up to our responsibilites .We both had a supportive family that helped us get set up but ultimatly we raised her on our own , we worked hard as parents to give her the best life we could and she is now a very happy 10 and a half year old that we would never do without . We have been together almost 12 years and have in total 4 beautiful children together . So if i were asked if i was too young at 16 i would have to say no , but in saying that i wouldn't recommened it as it is hard work and i was very lucky that i had a good boyfriend and supportive network behind us .

i have seen many good young parents and many bad older ones and vice versa so it really is all down to each individual .

cuddlepop
24-Jul-09, 10:25
I was 16 when i fell pregnant with my daughter and i don't think it has done her or me any harm. I hate teenage mums that have babies because they want one or think its cool to have a pram to push around or have them and pass them off to other people all the time . I had to grow up fast when i had my daughter and so did her dad , we gave up most of our social life but that was what we chose to do . We knew that we had made a life so we therefore had to stand up to our responsibilites .We both had a supportive family that helped us get set up but ultimatly we raised her on our own , we worked hard as parents to give her the best life we could and she is now a very happy 10 and a half year old that we would never do without . We have been together almost 12 years and have in total 4 beautiful children together . So if i were asked if i was too young at 16 i would have to say no , but in saying that i wouldn't recommened it as it is hard work and i was very lucky that i had a good boyfriend and supportive network behind us .

i have seen many good young parents and many bad older ones and vice versa so it really is all down to each individual .

I'm so glad things worked out for you both and that picture of your kids does you credit.
Sadly I think your in the minority.:(

christina
24-Jul-09, 10:33
I had my first son when I was 18 and have never looked back it was the best thing I have ever done:). I feel that that was young enough for me, made me grow up a lot for the better.

I personally feel that at 16 I would not have been mature enough it all depends on the individual themselves, and has been said you need a good family network to help out.

Rheghead
24-Jul-09, 11:03
I think 16 is a fine age to have a child. If I have any hope of seeing any grand bairns then I have to take this line.[lol]

alanabain
19-Aug-09, 20:24

Just been looking through the threads...long time since i have been on here and this one caught my attention.

Most of the posts on this thread have a negative view on young mothers.

I fell pregnant with my son at 16 and had him at 17 and i wouldnt look back. I dont think age has any consideration as to whether someone is mature enough to have a baby. There is many 20-40 year olds that are immature.

I never planned kids so young but i took on the challenge head on and showed everyone. I think thats why i stepped up... all 16 year olds want to do is prove their parents wrong. Hes now 5 and he started P1 yesterday ( sob ) And now has a little sister and im only 22.

Maybe some 16,17,18 year olds arn't mature enough but its really down to the individual.

Ash
20-Aug-09, 08:12
Just been looking through the threads...long time since i have been on here and this one caught my attention.

Most of the posts on this thread have a negative view on young mothers.

I fell pregnant with my son at 16 and had him at 17 and i wouldnt look back. I dont think age has any consideration as to whether someone is mature enough to have a baby. There is many 20-40 year olds that are immature.

I never planned kids so young but i took on the challenge head on and showed everyone. I think thats why i stepped up... all 16 year olds want to do is prove their parents wrong. Hes now 5 and he started P1 yesterday ( sob ) And now has a little sister and im only 22.

Maybe some 16,17,18 year olds arn't mature enough but its really down to the individual.

I totally agree with you, i too was pregnant at 16 and had my daughter at 17, she was 11 weeks early, I had alot to cope with, I feel i am a far better parent that some in there 30 and 40's my daughter has been brought up well, and like alanabains child has just started P1, at 16 i was extremely mature so dont tar all young mothers with the same brush

cuddlepop
20-Aug-09, 08:54
I totally agree with you, i too was pregnant at 16 and had my daughter at 17, she was 11 weeks early, I had alot to cope with, I feel i am a far better parent that some in there 30 and 40's my daughter has been brought up well, and like alanabains child has just started P1, at 16 i was extremely mature so dont tar all young mothers with the same brush

Like every "age of parent" your going to get good and bads ones regardless of age.
If a 16 is a "bad parent" then surely thats because their not mature eneogh to cope with the 24/7 responsibility.
Mothers have to put their childs needs before their own and some "mature mothers"..see Old mothers thread just cant.

I thought you were far older from your posts so even on the Org you come across as " responsible and mature":)

alanabain
20-Aug-09, 10:36
Like every "age of parent" your going to get good and bads ones regardless of age.
If a 16 is a "bad parent" then surely thats because their not mature eneogh to cope with the 24/7 responsibility.
Mothers have to put their childs needs before their own and some "mature mothers"..see Old mothers thread just cant.

I thought you were far older from your posts so even on the Org you come across as " responsible and mature":)

again i dont think that this comes down to being immature... i think really that they are misguided. Nobody at any age can jump straight in and become the perfect parent.

women at any age can struggle and be unable to cope. It can be down to a number of reasons.

ShelleyCowie
21-Aug-09, 11:22
again i dont think that this comes down to being immature... i think really that they are misguided. Nobody at any age can jump straight in and become the perfect parent.

women at any age can struggle and be unable to cope. It can be down to a number of reasons.

Completely agree with you! (For once)

Being alanabains sister, she raised her son great and im so proud of her. He is a hyper, healthy, smart wee boy. And yes she had him at a young age but she stepped up to raising him. And thats why im proud of my big sister! ;)

balto
21-Aug-09, 11:46
i had my 1st daughter when i was 23 and to be honest i struggled to cope, but now im 35, i have 4 kids altogether the youngest is 8 months and feel as i have got older i have handled it better and felt i have been a more patient person with each child as i have got older, but thats just me.

i wouldnt want my daughters to give up on their educations to have a child, when they have so many years ahead of them, but if it happened i certainly would support them both 100%.

alanabain
09-Sep-09, 21:08
Completely agree with you! (For once)

Being alanabains sister, she raised her son great and im so proud of her. He is a hyper, healthy, smart wee boy. And yes she had him at a young age but she stepped up to raising him. And thats why im proud of my big sister! ;)

awwww i just read that..... thats lovely that is xxxxx

mums angels
09-Sep-09, 22:14
i had my 1st daughter when i was 23 and to be honest i struggled to cope, but now im 35, i have 4 kids altogether the youngest is 8 months and feel as i have got older i have handled it better and felt i have been a more patient person with each child as i have got older, but thats just me.

i wouldnt want my daughters to give up on their educations to have a child, when they have so many years ahead of them, but if it happened i certainly would support them both 100%.

I personally don't think it would be ones age that makes them cope better i think its experience. I know after each child i have had i've learnt more about patience and boundries etc and changed things accordinaly for the next child and each one has got easier than the last . I feel that i was just as good as a mother at 16 as many first time mums in there mid twenties etc .

balto
09-Sep-09, 22:15
I personally don't think it would be ones age that makes them cope better i think its experience. I know after each child i have had i've learnt more about patience and boundries etc and changed things accordinaly for the next child and each one has got easier than the last . I feel that i was just as good as a mother at 16 as many first time mums in there mid twenties etc .
agree with you there, i have to learnt to be more patient with each baby i have had.

mums angels
09-Sep-09, 22:19
I'm so glad things worked out for you both and that picture of your kids does you credit.
Sadly I think your in the minority.:(

Thank you cuddlepop , yes sadly i think we are in the minority but it took hard work and dedication to make it work . :D

cuddlepop
10-Sep-09, 13:49
Thank you cuddlepop , yes sadly i think we are in the minority but it took hard work and dedication to make it work . :D

I'm going to come clean now....

My sons girlfiend is expecting and she'll only be 17 when the babys born in January.
Everyones disappointed for them and not "happy".

I wish circumstances were different as not only is there a genetic possibilty the baby may be born with a heart defect,the scans show its fine,there is autism in my family.

A baby is hard eneogh work at the best of times but put that all together and its terrifing.
My sons 22 but still doesnt think he could cope with a baby like his wee sister.:~(

balto
10-Sep-09, 15:56

My sons girlfiend is expecting and she'll only be 17 when the babys born in January.

I wish circumstances were different as not only is there a genetic possibilty the baby may be born with a heart defect,the scans show its fine,there is autism in my family.

A baby is hard eneogh work at the best of times but put that all together and its terrifing.
My sons 22 but still doesnt think he could cope with a baby like his wee sister.:~(
im sure they will both be perfect when it comes to it, and with family like yourself behind them to support them both they will be fine, just wish we all had loving familys. congratulations to you all.

littledog
10-Sep-09, 16:53
I suppose there are lots of pros and cons for a sisituation like this but it vaires form person to person me my self had my first when i was 17 and i would not have changed anything for the world in fact if i had the choice to change anything i would not but like i have already said it depends on the person :lol:

cuddlepop
10-Sep-09, 17:41
im sure they will both be perfect when it comes to it, and with family like yourself behind them to support them both they will be fine, just wish we all had loving familys. congratulations to you all.

Thank you for your kind wishes lets hope everything will work out fine.

Just wish I could feel a wee bit happy about the situation.:confused

woowoo1
10-Sep-09, 18:19
i was 16 when i fell pregnant with my daughter shes now nearly 2 i wouldnt change anything for the world she is fantastic and i adore her to bits! she has made me the person i am today and i dont think i was to young to have a child then, i have my own flat doing a home learning course to be a midwife and i think i have managed very well with a little bit of help from my mum. (but everyone needs a little bit of help at sum stage!)

i dont agree with young mums having the grandparents looking after their baby all the time as they want to go out at night and go places fair enough the odd few hours but not every night and day.

cuddlepop
10-Sep-09, 19:39
i was 16 when i fell pregnant with my daughter shes now nearly 2 i wouldnt change anything for the world she is fantastic and i adore her to bits! she has made me the person i am today and i dont think i was to young to have a child then, i have my own flat doing a home learning course to be a midwife and i think i have managed very well with a little bit of help from my mum. (but everyone needs a little bit of help at sum stage!)

i dont agree with young mums having the grandparents looking after their baby all the time as they want to go out at night and go places fair enough the odd few hours but not every night and day.

You sound like a very responsible young mother.
Well done to you for making a real go of it.
Wish you all the best in your studies to become a midwife.:D

woowoo1
10-Sep-09, 20:02
You sound like a very responsible young mother.
Well done to you for making a real go of it.
Wish you all the best in your studies to become a midwife.:D

thank you :D

mums angels
10-Sep-09, 22:20

i don't agree with any mums doing this at any age and i know of many older and younger mums who will drop thier kids at the drop of a hat .

and good luck with your studies :D

mums angels
10-Sep-09, 22:26
Thank you for your kind wishes lets hope everything will work out fine.

Just wish I could feel a wee bit happy about the situation.:confused

Congratulations Cuddlepop , maybe not the news you would have liked just now but i'm sure you will be delighted in time . We had a high risk with one of my pregnancys and it really was a difficult time for us both and do hope your son and his girlfriend gets past the difficult time . Keep us all posted and try to enjoy being a granny ( remember you can hand them back - the best kind :D)

squidge
10-Sep-09, 22:56
Cuddlepop Im sure the smile of the new wee one will soon make everyone forget their concerns. I am still in touch with the mums from the ante natal group I went to when having my baby in 2007. The group includes a couple of very young mums who have done very well indeed. I think the vast majority of young mums try really hard and do an excellent job. Support and encouragement is the key and I am sure that your son and his family will get plenty of that.

changilass
10-Sep-09, 22:59
I don't think age is the major factor in how well someone cares for a child, there are good and bad mums at all ages.

celtic lass
10-Sep-09, 23:03

I was 16 when i fell pregnant with my first,18 when i fell pregnantwith my second and yes it was hard no doubt about it,but im delighted to say that my husband and i were 25yrs married past in january and we have a lovely 6 year old granddaughter.Would i change a thing?no way.I know we were young but it was like we grew up with our kids and we were still young enough to know when they were trying to con us as they got older.Good luck to your family.:)

Rie
11-Sep-09, 09:27
I think having a baby in your teens make you grow up a lot quicker , lets face it you have to when you hold that bundle in your arms for the first time.
But i dont think that if you do that you miss out on a lot but rather enhance your life, just because you have a baby doesnt mean you have to give up your life, , you can still do everything you want to do with hard work patience and good family and friends.
I know several people who have had children before they were 16 and still carried on at school went to collage and hold down very good jobs and are outstanding parents!!! who still love to go out once in a while too.

cuddlepop
11-Sep-09, 09:34
I was 16 when i fell pregnant with my first,18 when i fell pregnantwith my second and yes it was hard no doubt about it,but im delighted to say that my husband and i were 25yrs married past in january and we have a lovely 6 year old granddaughter.Would i change a thing?no way.I know we were young but it was like we grew up with our kids and we were still young enough to know when they were trying to con us as they got older.Good luck to your family.:)

They are incredibly happy together and as yet have not really had a cross word.I suppose you could say they're the "best of friends".

What I'm really apprehensive of is that this young girl will in time feel as though she missed out on all the things her mates are doing.My son although 22 had loads of things he still wanted to do ......

Its a lovely story you tell celtic lass so fingers crossed my two will be just as happy.:D

Ash
11-Sep-09, 10:10
They are incredibly happy together and as yet have not really had a cross word.I suppose you could say they're the "best of friends".

What I'm really apprehensive of is that this young girl will in time feel as though she missed out on all the things her mates are doing.My son although 22 had loads of things he still wanted to do ......

Its a lovely story you tell celtic lass so fingers crossed my two will be just as happy.:D

like I have said before i got pregnant at 16 had my daughter at 17, I was still able to achieve college, and have a life, from time to time I wonder what my life would be like if I didn't get pregnant ect but I love my life, if I didn't have my daughter I wouldn't have met my fiancé, I think everything happens for a reason