PDA

View Full Version : Asda

WICKER09
22-Jul-09, 14:11
ASDA:lol: have at long last been given Planning to open in Inverness.
It is great to have them coming and breaking the hold that TESCO have cheaper fuel will be available in Inverness also.
Hope they still come North to Caithness at some time.

Mik.M.
22-Jul-09, 14:55
It is great to have them coming and breaking the hold that TESCO have cheaper fuel will be available in Inverness also.
Not if councillor Smith & Co have anything to do with it.:lol:

Kodiak
22-Jul-09, 15:03

Fuel will not be any cheaper in ASDA Inverness to Tesco Inverness.

ASDA is selling Unleaded at 99.9p per litre and Tesco is the same price, that is in Inverness.

I have just come back from visiting my Son in Edinburgh and both Tesco and ASDA are the same price in all satations I was in in Edinburgh, Dundee, Arbroath & Perth.

Also the two ASDA Supermarkets I went into I quickly left as I did not like them and their staff were not as friendly and as helpful as the Staff in Tesco.

brandy
22-Jul-09, 15:34
well have to say i really like asda and when we go on holiday in a couple weeks will def. be stopping to buy school supplies! i really like the george range and unlike tesco they tend to have a decent boys selection. so come on asda! its nice to have a choice of shops. dont get me wrong i love tescos in fact i spend quite a lot there.. but variety is the spice of life *G*

WICKER09
22-Jul-09, 15:36
Fuel will not be any cheaper in ASDA Inverness to Tesco Inverness.

ASDA is selling Unleaded at 99.9p per litre and Tesco is the same price, that is in Inverness.

I have just come back from visiting my Son in Edinburgh and both Tesco and ASDA are the same price in all satations I was in in Edinburgh, Dundee, Arbroath & Perth.

Also the two ASDA Supermarkets I went into I quickly left as I did not like them and their staff were not as friendly and as helpful as the Staff in Tesco.

The point i was making about the fuel is that ASDA will bring in its National Price Fuel eg the same price all over the uk.
Up until the P&J highlighted the price TESCO Inverness were 3ppl more expensive than ASDA Elgin.
Also a lot of grocery items are cheaper than Tesco.

bekisman
22-Jul-09, 15:53
It's all here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/8162891.stm

I see that the Councillors voted for it, which was against the Planning Officers (uhh?). Good. Pity a couple of parochial councillors voted against ASDA up here..

The Oracle
22-Jul-09, 15:58
It's all here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/8162891.stm

I see that the Councillors voted for it, which was against the Planning Officers (uhh?). Good. Pity a couple of parochial councillors voted against ASDA up here..

Yes indeed. But then we are getting a much better, bigger, Tesco store !

Will it be open by Christmas do you think ????

annemarie482
22-Jul-09, 16:02
can't wait! hope they have the george clothes in inverness, far nicer than tesco clothes for kiddies!

Stefan
22-Jul-09, 16:34
Yes indeed. But then we are getting a much better, bigger, Tesco store !

Will it be open by Christmas do you think ????

Have they started building ???

The Oracle
22-Jul-09, 16:38
Have they started building ???

Like many other Tesco sites around the country....No !!!

....and will they ever is the real question ?

ShelleyCowie
22-Jul-09, 16:51
I far prefer Asda! The George range is brilliant, i now order clothes for Athrun online and get it delivered. £3.95 delivery. I found that tesco had very little for boys compared to girls clothes.

And the new Tesco site that will be built will have no clothing in it. Just electricals. :roll: What use is that to us without a car?

So i will stick to buying from Asda! :D

cuddlepop
22-Jul-09, 17:01
Like many other Tesco sites around the country....No !!!

....and will they ever is the real question ?

We're suppose to have a Tesco's opening up here but so far nothing its all gone deadly quiet.
LIdl pulled out of coming when Tesco got planning.

Prefer Asda.:D

quaich
23-Jul-09, 23:46
us in wick should get Asda. there is no compation with big major companys and Tescos prices is creeping up every time you buy anything.:roll:

Alice in Blunderland
23-Jul-09, 23:51
The point i was making about the fuel is that ASDA will bring in its National Price Fuel eg the same price all over the uk.
Up until the P&J highlighted the price TESCO Inverness were 3ppl more expensive than ASDA Elgin.
Also a lot of grocery items are cheaper than Tesco.

Your not related to a couple of ex - orgers one of whom may have driven a MAZDA ;) who had the fascination with fuel prices are you ?? :confused

northener
24-Jul-09, 08:59
Nice to see another retail leviathan is going to squat over our Highland capital.
Just what they need, another huge supermarket, there's a bit of a shortage of those in Snecky, I believe......

And there's something familiar about Wick09......;)

christina
24-Jul-09, 10:06
Hopefully they will open one in Inverness:D.

You can now shop online at asda. I have just received an order for school uniform and was really pleased with the quality of the fabric. Far better than tesco school trousers I have bought in the past.

dietcokegirl
24-Jul-09, 10:22
I far prefer Asda! The George range is brilliant, i now order clothes for Athrun online and get it delivered. £3.95 delivery. I found that tesco had very little for boys compared to girls clothes

Shelley, I had no idea that you could order George online.

After I read your post i looked it up and ended up spending a fortune!

The kids stuff is lovely, and good quality - Thanks for the info. :D

Rheghead
24-Jul-09, 11:30

I see lot of instances of when planning officers recommend something and it gets refused by councillors. And the other way around... It makes you think why we have the added expense of planning officers if their 'advice' is rode rough shod by councillors who always have being 'popular' on their agenda as a higher priority than the long term planning of their environs.:roll:

bobbyrussell09
24-Jul-09, 14:55
Not if councillor Smith & Co have anything to do with it.:lol:
wasnt councillor smith against tescos if i remember correctly,but what do you know who pops in for his petrol an shopping

bobbyrussell09
24-Jul-09, 14:59
I far prefer Asda! The George range is brilliant, i now order clothes for Athrun online and get it delivered. £3.95 delivery. I found that tesco had very little for boys compared to girls clothes.

And the new Tesco site that will be built will have no clothing in it. Just electricals. :roll: What use is that to us without a car?

So i will stick to buying from Asda! :D
get donna to help you there then lol,

ShelleyCowie
24-Jul-09, 16:08
Shelley, I had no idea that you could order George online.

After I read your post i looked it up and ended up spending a fortune!

The kids stuff is lovely, and good quality - Thanks for the info. :D

Haha sorry to give you info that cost u money! I love buying from asda. Just about to order school uniforms for my OH's kids. And get some new clothes for athrun because he took a growth spurt!

Asda are really good priced, delivery is cheap, and its also fast!

get donna to help you there then lol,

Haha she wud cost me a fortune! U know what she is like! ;)

Alice in Blunderland
24-Jul-09, 17:00
And there's something familiar about Wick09......;)

My thoughts exactly but it looks as though he has gone the same way as his predecessors (sp)....................... the naughty banned corner. He probably drove there in his Mazda and passed the Coachman on his way. ;)

grumpy1
24-Jul-09, 20:26
us in wick should get Asda. there is no compation with big major companys and Tescos prices is creeping up every time you buy anything.:roll:

why should asda go to wick....thurso has as much to offer..

ShelleyCowie
24-Jul-09, 20:47
why should asda go to wick....thurso has as much to offer..

Well said G1! Thurso needs something like that! Woolies was basically our all round shop, wick has the big tesco.

I have no transport through so only maybe get through a few times a year. Would prefer if asda came here.

northener
24-Jul-09, 21:56
Will somebody please shoot me.........

Mrs Bucket
24-Jul-09, 21:59
It is really good to know that Tesco will have competition in Inverness everyone needs a bit of competition keeps us on our toes. We would benifet from a store further north I would settle for an Asda in Tain.

Rheghead
24-Jul-09, 22:01

No because you are buying me a few seconds...;)

Alice in Blunderland
24-Jul-09, 22:55
Oh Northener come out come out wherever you are Alice has a surprise for you

http://nastyish.com/images/pandas/shotgun.jpg

Now do you want a blindfold or are you a MAN................ :lol:

brandy
24-Jul-09, 23:24
ooohhh is that a 12 gauge single pump action... just remember shot gun pellets are messy... they splatter and separate and hit in a large area... very yucky.. now a high power rifle.. impacts a nice neat hole... Alice think of the mess you would leave.. now are you gonna clean that up?
you can borrow my hose!
back to subject though...
i would be happy with thurso or wick having an asda...i would quite happily drive thru to thurso to go to asda...

joxville
24-Jul-09, 23:48

I will if you'll stand still! ;)

northener
25-Jul-09, 01:28
I dunno, I come back for a few days and the sare lining up to shoot me.

Anyway, who sells the cheapest guns - Tescos or Asda?

Alice in Blunderland
25-Jul-09, 10:12
Anyway, who sells the cheapest guns - Tescos or Asda?

You may be lucky if there's an offer on .............buy one get one free. :eek:

Alice in Blunderland
25-Jul-09, 10:14
Alice think of the mess you would leave.. now are you gonna clean that up?

As a policeman once said to me dont shoot anyone poison them it makes less mess. :eek: