PDA

View Full Version : Pussycat with major ear problem

teenybash
22-Jul-09, 13:36
Had my little cat at the vets for what looks like a serious ear problem affecting her balance. Not sure what happened to cause this...a bite or a silent infection that has errupted affecting her balance very badly.
She goes to vet again tomorrow for further exam under anesthetic and to flush out...............I am up to high doh with worry that it is something sinister.
Is there anyone who has had a cat with this problem...... help!!:~(

Liz
22-Jul-09, 14:12
Oh Teenybash I am so sorry to hear about your wee cat.

An ear problem of any kind would probably affect balance so here's hoping the 'flushing' out will help. She may just have a lot of wax which needs to come out?

I will send white healing light and say some prayers for her. Sending you a big hug as well! xxx

teenybash
22-Jul-09, 14:29
Thanks so much Liz.....I am praying she will be okay and get well again. Life is pretty tough at the moment so I really appreciate your kind thoughts.

BINBOB
22-Jul-09, 15:52
Had my little cat at the vets for what looks like a serious ear problem affecting her balance. Not sure what happened to cause this...a bite or a silent infection that has errupted affecting her balance very badly.
She goes to vet again tomorrow for further exam under anesthetic and to flush out...............I am up to high doh with worry that it is something sinister.
Is there anyone who has had a cat with this problem...... help!!:~(

Hi...I had a cocker with something like this.Initially vet[not here] thought brain or ear tumour.........I had a second opinion from a vet friend.He recognised/diagnosed it as a severe middle ear infection.Lucy was on antibiotics for over 3 months.........she recovered to a point where her head was permanently[ slightly] tilted to one side.
It never bothered her again...so hopefully same will be for ur wee cat...wishing him/her better soon.;)

cuddlepop
22-Jul-09, 17:15
teeny hope your wee cat is well soon.
Its horrible when they're ill and we cant seem to "fix" them.:(

Healing light fast tracked to caithness,should catch the evening breeze.:)

Jovi
22-Jul-09, 22:05
Hi Teenybash, I had a cat with a severe inner ear infection a long time ago but remember it cleared after two courses of antibiotics,hope your cat is on the mend soon.:)
(he was walking like he was 'under the influence')

teenybash
24-Jul-09, 19:36
My little feline friend seems to be improving, though still veering off to the one side...... Today she was grumping at me as she didn't want her pill......a good sign I think.:)

Liz
24-Jul-09, 19:40
So glad that there is an improvement. Yes I'm sure that the 'grumpies' are a good sign!lol

Take care and love to you both xxx

Liz
08-Aug-09, 12:23
I'm afraid our dear friend Teenybash isn't able to get on to the Messageboard for some strange reason (she is working on it!) and is missing all her friends in Pets Corner very much.

Very sadly, her wee cat had to be pts as it turned out to be cancer. Obviously Teenybash was heartbroken.:(

I am glad to say though that she has adopted a lovely wee cat called Clover from Caithness Cats Protection.

Clover is settling in really well and is lucky to have such a wonderful and loving home.

Once Teenybash is back where she belongs in Pets Corner she will be posting photos of her new furbaby.:D

Margaret M.
08-Aug-09, 13:23
I am just now reading this thread and I'm so vexed to read such a sad outcome. Teenybash was sensing something more than an ear infection. Hugs to you, Teenybash, and I'm sure Clover will help ease the pain of losing your friend. Thanks for updating us, Liz.

Liz
08-Aug-09, 17:42
I am just now reading this thread and I'm so vexed to read such a sad outcome. Teenybash was sensing something more than an ear infection. Hugs to you, Teenybash, and I'm sure Clover will help ease the pain of losing your friend. Thanks for updating us, Liz.

Yes she was worried that it was something really serious but had then hoped for a happier outcome so it came as a real shock to her.:~(

BINBOB
10-Aug-09, 10:10
I'm afraid our dear friend Teenybash isn't able to get on to the Messageboard for some strange reason (she is working on it!) and is missing all her friends in Pets Corner very much.

Very sadly, her wee cat had to be pts as it turned out to be cancer. Obviously Teenybash was heartbroken
I am glad to say though that she has adopted a lovely wee cat called Clover from Caithness Cats Protection.

Clover is settling in really well and is lucky to have such a wonderful and loving home.

Once Teenybash is back where she belongs in Pets Corner she will be posting photos of her new furbaby.:D

Oh...no..how sad.Iam really sorry....u are in my thoughts,teenybash.bless the wee cat.:(
Happy to hear she has now got clover.:D

teenybash
11-Aug-09, 00:12
Thank you all so much....your kind thoughts have been very appreciated.
When I got the awful news that a tumour had been found I was devastated as I knew I had to let my little friend go.

For the first time in my entire life I found myself with no cat...............which made the torment even worse.............Thankfully and I really mean thankfully, Liz came to the rescue and the wonderful Clover arrived..............my little patchwork lady I will always miss and cherish the memories I have of her but, Clover will help me along the way and she will stay with me for the rest of her life.

To Liz and everyone who cares....Thank you so much. xx

cuddlepop
11-Aug-09, 08:24
So sorry to here of your sad news teenybash.Cancer just seems to rear its ugly head just as often in our pets and takes them away too early......:~(

Glad Liz was there for you and managed to find Clover for you,I'm sure you'll find her a comfort just now and in years to come.

Bet that wee Clover is in "clover" now that she's found such a loving home.:D