PDA

View Full Version : Rain

Kevin Milkins
22-Jul-09, 01:13
It's past 1-00am, it's pouring with rain, I want to go to bed, and the rain is coming in through the kitchen roof.:mad:

I know this thread is not going to stop the rain or the leak, but a problem shared,..........:confused

Fran
22-Jul-09, 01:26
Poor Kevin, you will just have to get your wellies on and get up there and get mrs.m to hold a brolley for you and put a plastic sheet over it or plastic bags or something.
Seriously, it must be a great worry to you, hope you can sort it and the kitchen doesnt get wet,

goldenguernsey
22-Jul-09, 01:29
Oh never lad, put a bucket under it till mornin

Vistravi
22-Jul-09, 01:34
Will a bucket or several buckets do til the morning when you can see on the roof?

If not you'll have to go climbing;)

ShelleyCowie
22-Jul-09, 08:49
It's past 1-00am, it's pouring with rain, I want to go to bed, and the rain is coming in through the kitchen roof.:mad:

I know this thread is not going to stop the rain or the leak, but a problem shared,..........:confused

That rain was mental last night. I was awake pretty much all night anyways. Felt bad for the cats, but they took shelter in the shed.

Hope you got the problem fixed Mr Milkins! :D

Kevin Milkins
22-Jul-09, 09:10
Yep, thanks all and I got it sorted, (I put two buckets under it).lol.:roll:

It was not so much the heavy rain that was causing the problem, but the direction that the wind was blowing it at the house.:eek:

I noticed the cement flashing's were looking a bit shabby and cracked, but it has not been a problem untill now. Best get up and have a look.:confused

Anne x
22-Jul-09, 10:11
Hope you got it sorted Kevin it was awful rain here last night after a glorious day the sun has got his hat off now though :cool:

tonkatojo
22-Jul-09, 10:14

Aye it does seem like the Caithness "monsoon season" is a bit early this year. LOL roll on May 2010.

joxville
22-Jul-09, 11:22

...is a problem laughed at. ;)

tonkatojo
22-Jul-09, 20:45
...is a problem laughed at. ;)

That really depends if the person can take a joke/jest or not, I believe K/M can give and take. :)

Kevin Milkins
22-Jul-09, 21:03
That really depends if the person can take a joke/jest or not, I believe K/M can give and take. :)

I laughed so much I gave jox a good rep.:lol:

joxville
22-Jul-09, 22:22
I knew Kevin would see the funny side which is why I posted it. Thanks for the good rep Kevin. :)

weeksider
22-Jul-09, 22:26
It was raining by the BUCKET load earlier this evening in Wick