PDA

View Full Version : Orger Curry Night

Kevin Milkins
21-Jul-09, 22:58
A reminder that the monthly orger curry night is Thursday 23rd in Wetherspoons from about 7pm.

If anyone that has not been before and would like to come and join us in this informal gathering, but is a bit shy then PM me.

We may ahve a couple of out of towner's making a guest apperiance this month;)

Kevin Milkins
22-Jul-09, 01:05
Fran your in box is full.

Julia
22-Jul-09, 08:52
Oh good, I thought it was going to be next Thursday (30th) when I was out of town, see you guys tomorrow!

Anne x
22-Jul-09, 10:13
Enjoy your Curry night and your out of town visitors visitors ;)

Alice in Blunderland
22-Jul-09, 20:54
Woops I thought it was going to be next week. :D

Kevin Milkins
22-Jul-09, 21:01
Woops I thought it was going to be next week. :D

An out of town orger cotacted me via pm and ask if the curry night was this week as they are visiting and would like to join us.

I got confussed (as I often seem to do nowadays):( and said yes it was and looking forward to meeting her.

I then announced it as this week so hope it does not cause any problems.:confused

Alice in Blunderland
22-Jul-09, 21:42
I got confussed (as I often seem to do nowadays):( and said yes it was and looking forward to meeting her.

I then announced it as this week so hope it does not cause any problems.

Ah poor Kevin old age doesnt come alone................. :lol:

I will not make the food but can join you for a drink or two or three............ you know how Alice likes her tipple. :lol:

Fran
22-Jul-09, 23:30
Sorry will be in Inverness. thought it was next week. I am dissapointed as I so look forward to orgers night. Maybe i will make it about closing time!!!!! I will definetly pop in when i get back and hope there will still be one of you there.

Kevin Milkins
23-Jul-09, 00:04
Ah poor Kevin old age doesnt come alone................. :lol:

I will not make the food but can join you for a drink or two or three............ you know how Alice likes her tipple. :lol:

It's funny you shoud say that Alice as it was one of my late mother's favourite sayings and as a youngster I never understood why she used to say that,I DO NOW!!!:lol:

Kevin Milkins
23-Jul-09, 00:06
Sorry will be in Inverness. thought it was next week. I am dissapointed as I so look forward to orgers night. Maybe i will make it about closing time!!!!! I will definetly pop in when i get back and hope there will still be one of you there.

Sorry I cocked it up Fran and hope you you back in time for a blether.:confused

Rheghead
23-Jul-09, 00:58
Is curry night still on? I just had a weird day as I thought it was today (wednesday) but had a great day in bord d'leau instead after shifting a load of furniture for THS! :lol:

I'm hoping to meet as many orgers as possible if it is still on, I keep such a fleeting mindset with social engagements it's hard to keep up.[lol]

Kevin Milkins
23-Jul-09, 15:03
Is curry night still on? I just had a weird day as I thought it was today (wednesday) but had a great day in bord d'leau instead after shifting a load of furniture for THS! :lol:

I'm hoping to meet as many orgers as possible if it is still on, I keep such a fleeting mindset with social engagements it's hard to keep up.[lol]

Hi Rheghead.

Yes we still have a meet tonight from about seven onwards.

BINBOB
23-Jul-09, 17:14
That paint is still not dry!!!;)

Alice in Blunderland
23-Jul-09, 18:25
That paint is still not dry!!!;)

Keep on watching it then as its a good enough pass time and about as mentally challenging as some can cope with :Razz

We can all post a sarcastic comment at times. :(

Julia
23-Jul-09, 18:46
You coming along tonight Alice?

Alice in Blunderland
23-Jul-09, 19:11
Not got transport wee-sparkles off with the car :D She passed her test on Monday and hubby is off with the other car.

BINBOB
23-Jul-09, 21:26
Keep on watching it then as its a good enough pass time and about as mentally challenging as some can cope with :Razz

We can all post a sarcastic comment at times. :(

Really.................????:lol:

Rheghead
24-Jul-09, 00:25
Had a good night with nice food and great company.:D

Kevin Milkins
24-Jul-09, 00:46
It was really nice to see a few new faces at the curry night tonight and put a face to the names of Margaret M that is visiting from Virginia who brought her friend Liz, our most senior orger Rheghead ( I shook his hand and touched my forelock), nice guy., and Alice in Blunderland who coheres her brother weeboyagee (http://forum.caithness.org/member.php?u=1058) better known as weebegeebee to do the driving.

Thank you all for your company.

Fran
24-Jul-09, 00:59
Nice to see you all and to meet the orgers who haven't been before. Have a nice stay margaret m and a good trip back to virginia.
Pity you didnt make it binbob, I notice you are always decorating.

BINBOB
24-Jul-09, 10:17
Nice to see you all and to meet the orgers who haven't been before. Have a nice stay margaret m and a good trip back to virginia.
Pity you didnt make it binbob, I notice you are always decorating.

Big house to do...never ending!!!!!!!:lol:

Alice in Blunderland
24-Jul-09, 13:32
Big house to do...never ending!!!!!!!:lol:

As Kevin once said ' Every cloud has a silver lining' ;)

Sorry Kevin. :lol:

butterfly
24-Jul-09, 13:46
Big house to do...never ending!!!!!!!

What a blessing.......for Kevin!;):lol::lol:

BINBOB
24-Jul-09, 15:29
As Kevin once said ' Every cloud has a silver lining' ;)

Sorry Kevin. :lol:

Absolutely!!!!!;)

BINBOB
24-Jul-09, 15:32
[quote=butterfly;577217]What a blessing.......for quote]

Sorry,butterfly??????????????????????????????????? ??:roll:

Alice in Blunderland
24-Jul-09, 15:54
[quote=butterfly;577217]What a blessing.......for quote]

Sorry,butterfly??????????????????????????????????? ??:roll:

Oh dear you need to get that ? key looked at its sticking again. :roll: The technical section in the org is quite helpfull. ;)

BINBOB
24-Jul-09, 18:20
Dog.....Bone.....;)

Moira
24-Jul-09, 18:40
It was really nice to see a few new faces at the curry night tonight and put a face to the names of Margaret M that is visiting from Virginia who brought her friend Liz, our most senior orger Rheghead ( I shook his hand and touched my forelock), nice guy., and Alice in Blunderland who coheres her brother weeboyagee (http://forum.caithness.org/member.php?u=1058) better known as weebegeebee to do the driving.

Thank you all for your company.

It sounds like you all had another great night out. I'm glad Margaret M and her friend received a warm welcome here while on their travels - safe journey Margaret and Haste Ye Back. :)

Kevin - tell me - did weeboyagee sing or did he leave that up to his sister?
Oh, btw I had no idea Rheghead was so old - I hope you all looked after him well. ;)

Alice in Blunderland
24-Jul-09, 18:44
Dog.....Bone.....;)

You looking for the pet section ? :eek: you seem to have posted this in the wrong place. ;)

butterfly
24-Jul-09, 18:44
Dog.....Bone.....

Or maybe the pet section?[lol][lol][lol]

Alice in Blunderland
24-Jul-09, 18:49
It sounds like you all had another great night out. I'm glad Margaret M and her friend received a warm welcome here while on their travels - safe journey Margaret and Haste Ye Back.

Oh, btw I had no idea Rheghead was so old - I hope you all looked after him well. ;)

Its okay Kevin I can answer this one.

Weeboyagee was humbled to be in Alice's presence after such a long time and was unable to speak let alone sing. :lol:

Reghead old :eek: well that one slipped by me I thought he was quite young looking must make an appointment for specsavers.

I believe everyone had a lovely evening and who knows maybe next time Weeboyagee will find his singing voice.

Missed you Moira maybe next time eh ?

Rheghead
24-Jul-09, 18:53
Reghead old :eek: well that one slipped by me I thought he was quite young looking must make an appointment for specsavers.

I think your eyesight is perfectly fine.:Razz

Alice in Blunderland
24-Jul-09, 19:01
I think your eyesight is perfectly fine.:Razz

Phew I knew I was only drinking lemonade. :D

Moira
24-Jul-09, 19:18
Its okay Kevin I can answer this one.
Weeboyagee was humbled to be in Alices presence after such a long time and was unable to speek let alone sing. <snip>
I believe everyone had a lovely evening and who knows maybe next time Weeboyagee will find his singing voice.
Missed you Moira maybe next time eh ?

I just knew there had to be a reason Alice.

Maybe next time - who knows? If WBG promises to sing I may just turn up. :)

I think your eyesight is perfectly fine.
Humble apologies Rheghead. I was momentarily confused by Kevin's description of how he had greeted you - "our most senior orger Rheghead ( I shook his hand and touched my forelock), nice guy., "
Then I remembered..........
You're the one who posted a photo of yourself, in a kilt, on here, some time back. Fine figure of a young (ish) bloke who actually suits the kilt, I thought. Then my memory faded - sorry. ;)

BINBOB
24-Jul-09, 19:22
[quote=butterfly;577364]Or maybe the pet section?]

No this is right place....[lol]:lol:;)

Kevin Milkins
24-Jul-09, 19:25

I think a couple more pints and we would have had a sing song, (next time perhaps).:eek:

Rheghead is a much younger and slimmer guy than any of of that had not met him before imagined.

The senior referance was to the ammount of posts he has made.:D

Moira
24-Jul-09, 19:44
I think a couple more pints and we would have had a sing song, (next time perhaps).:eek:
Rheghead is a much younger and slimmer guy than any of of that had not met him before imagined.
The senior referance was to the ammount of posts he has made.:D

Thanks Kevin.

I was jesting about Rheghead (but don't tell him I said that) :)

Sporran
24-Jul-09, 23:13
Humble apologies Rheghead.

Then I remembered..........
You're the one who posted a photo of yourself, in a kilt, on here, some time back. Fine figure of a young (ish) bloke who actually suits the kilt, I thought. Then my memory faded - sorry. ;)

I remember that photo Moira, and thought our Rheggers suited the kilt as well. :cool:

Glad to hear Margaret M made it to the curry night, and was made welcome. She's one of my favourite Orgers! :)

Moira
24-Jul-09, 23:21
Thank goodness for that Sporran. I was beginning to think I was alone in my ramblings :D

Kevin Milkins
24-Jul-09, 23:35
I remember that photo Moira, and thought our Rheggers suited the kilt as well. :cool:

Glad to hear Margaret M made it to the curry night, and was made welcome. She's one of my favourite Orgers! :)

Margaret M is for sure a very pleasant lady and was delighted to have met her and her friend Liz.

It was mentioned that we could have an orger night in Virginia, now that would be something. (Do they have a Wetherspoons over there?)lol

Sporran
25-Jul-09, 05:26
Margaret M is for sure a very pleasant lady and was delighted to have met her and her friend Liz.

It was mentioned that we could have an orger night in Virginia, now that would be something. (Do they have a Wetherspoons over there?)lol

Unfortunately, they don't have Wetherspoons over here, Kevin. But the Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant would make a great substitute. They have a tasty, varied menu and wonderful beer. It's a Sporran family favourite, in fact! :D

Kevin Milkins
25-Jul-09, 09:05
Unfortunately, they don't have Wetherspoons over here, Kevin. But the Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant would make a great substitute. They have a tasty, varied menu and wonderful beer. It's a Sporran family favourite, in fact! :D

The Gordon Biersch Restaurant sounds just fine Sporran:Razz, now all we need to do is to raise a few quid to get over there.

How big is your house?:roll:

Alice in Blunderland
25-Jul-09, 10:07

And do you have a garden for a tent or two should the house not be big enough. :lol:

I think your onto a winner here Kevin.

Sporran
25-Jul-09, 17:58
The Gordon Biersch Restaurant sounds just fine Sporran:Razz, now all we need to do is to raise a few quid to get over there.

Not very big, I'm afraid, but it just so happens there's a Hilton located just a few steps away from the Gordon Biersch! :lol:

Margaret M.
06-Aug-09, 14:40
It sounds like you all had another great night out. I'm glad Margaret M and her friend received a warm welcome here while on their travels - safe journey Margaret and Haste Ye Back.

Thanks, Moira. I met Liz, a childhood friend who now lives in Glasgow, at the train station and told her we were heading to Weatherspoons to meet with the orgers, none of whom I knew. She thought I was a little crazy but then some things never change. It was a great night and it was lovely to meet some orgers, all as nice in person as they are on the boards. Kevin's interpretation of Weeboyagee's name was priceless and catching. I now think of him as Weebeegeebie.

I have a few extra beds so you are all welcome in Virginia anytime. Just let me know when and I will put the welcome mat out for you and meet Sporran at Gordon Biersch.

canuck
06-Aug-09, 15:20
Is the date for the August gathering set yet?