PDA

View Full Version : Rants of the day!

ShelleyCowie
21-Jul-09, 21:16
Well today as i went prancing down the street so chuffed that i was going to buy my henry hoover with my birthday money, i walked past graeme beggs to find a notice on the door saying "back in 5 mins". So i went off down to the 99p (not 99p) shop and to the butchers (took a total of 15-20 mins) went back up and the sign was still there, door still locked.

Went into semi-chem for 10 minutes, sign still there and door still locked! i looked in the window and what did i see but a henry hoover that i wanted! I was so raging that i did not even bother to go to the hydro to try and get it! See why we buy online?? :mad:

My next rant!!

Why do people feel the need to put these noise boxes on their cars? Do they do this on purpose? They are the most annoying thing ever! (apart from me) In the last few months cars with these noise makers on their cars seem to go up and down my street loads! Not only does it annoy me but there are a few that are so loud they keep athrun awake, or wake him up sometimes!

Rants over for now. :Razz

sam
21-Jul-09, 21:24
lol if that is all you have to rant about i would say so are a very lucky person:confused

ShelleyCowie
21-Jul-09, 21:35
lol if that is all you have to rant about i would say so are a very lucky person:confused

Thats true i am a lucky person, because that is all i have to rant about! :eek: Thats not bad for a woman eh! haha.

I could rant about the price of cheese but that would get out of hand! [lol]

Mik.M.
21-Jul-09, 21:37
Wasn`t it quiet when Shelley was on holiday?:lol::lol::lol: You can tell she`s back. ps has your Czech arrived yet?

poppett
21-Jul-09, 21:45
Saw a pink "Hetty" hoover in homebase this morning, Shelley, and thought of you.

Vistravi
21-Jul-09, 21:59
Well today as i went prancing down the street so chuffed that i was going to buy my henry hoover with my birthday money, i walked past graeme beggs to find a notice on the door saying "back in 5 mins". So i went off down to the 99p (not 99p) shop and to the butchers (took a total of 15-20 mins) went back up and the sign was still there, door still locked.

Went into semi-chem for 10 minutes, sign still there and door still locked! i looked in the window and what did i see but a henry hoover that i wanted! I was so raging that i did not even bother to go to the hydro to try and get it! See why we buy online?? :mad:

My next rant!!

Why do people feel the need to put these noise boxes on their cars? Do they do this on purpose? They are the most annoying thing ever! (apart from me) In the last few months cars with these noise makers on their cars seem to go up and down my street loads! Not only does it annoy me but there are a few that are so loud they keep athrun awake, or wake him up sometimes!

I found that annoying too shelley. used to get so annoyed when i had wait around for an hour.

Himself has a noisy exhaust as you know. his has the silencer in it too and its still so noisy i hear him down two roundabouts away from our flat when he's coming home.
But some people do have over the top noisy exhausts. there is a parent of a child in toddlers that has a car with a noisy exhaust. you can hear it growling down the road from the nursery. that wee lad always knows when mum and dad are coming to pick him up;)

ShelleyCowie
21-Jul-09, 22:16
Wasn`t it quiet when Shelley was on holiday?:lol::lol::lol: You can tell she`s back. ps has your Czech arrived yet?

Well tuff cos am back now! lol. And no i have recieved no Czech! I will be comin round to ur house soon til throw toilet roll everywhere til i get it! haha!

Saw a pink "Hetty" hoover in homebase this morning, Shelley, and thought of you.

Aww bless! A hetty. I just think im not meant to have a henry or hetty now! Its so sad.

I found that annoying too shelley. used to get so annoyed when i had wait around for an hour.

Himself has a noisy exhaust as you know. his has the silencer in it too and its still so noisy i hear him down two roundabouts away from our flat when he's coming home.
But some people do have over the top noisy exhausts. there is a parent of a child in toddlers that has a car with a noisy exhaust. you can hear it growling down the road from the nursery. that wee lad always knows when mum and dad are coming to pick him up

I just never see the point in this noise! Gosh im soundin old aint i! I dont mind a wee bit o noise from them, but there are noisey cars everywhere!

Vistravi
21-Jul-09, 23:27
I just never see the point in this noise! Gosh im soundin old aint i! I dont mind a wee bit o noise from them, but there are noisey cars everywhere!

I know, its crazy lol. They are different fair enough. Himself's celica sounds like a different car with his exhaust on it. I can't actually remember what it sounded like before he got his exhaust changed. ;)

hotrod4
22-Jul-09, 06:53

Went into semi-chem for 10 minutes, sign still there and door still locked! i looked in the window and what did i see but a henry hoover that i wanted! I was so raging that i did not even bother to go to the hydro to try and get it! See why we buy online??

My next rant!!

If it was me shelley i would sell your Smiling faced hoover and buy myself a nice big loud "noise box".
Sounds alot more fun than hoovering!!![lol]

P.s Have you ever heard the noise some of them hoovers make? They keep me awake in the mornings when the missus:lol: switches it on!!!!!

ShelleyCowie
22-Jul-09, 18:56
Well i bought a hoover today. But it wasnt a henry!

Took athrun to the doctors and he has asthma, so they said not to use bagged hoovers etc etc. Lucky i never bought a henry then eh! So ordered one of those anti-allergy hoovers. Rather pricey but thats ok! It will be a good one! :Razz

Liz
22-Jul-09, 18:59
Henry is actually good for allergies even though it is bagged.

The one I have is approved by the Allergy Society.

Still I am sure the one you got is good.

Poor wee Athrun.:(

Liz
22-Jul-09, 19:04
This is the Henry I have. http://www.henryvacs.co.uk/acatalog/Henry_Micro_Vacuum_Cleaner_HVR_200M-22.html

Katy
22-Jul-09, 19:20
That was lucky Shelly you didn't buy a Henry the other day, as they say everything happens for a reason and you obviously wasn't meant to buy a Henry!

Poor wee Athrun hope he's ok xxx

ShelleyCowie
22-Jul-09, 19:39
This is the Henry I have. http://www.henryvacs.co.uk/acatalog/Henry_Micro_Vacuum_Cleaner_HVR_200M-22.html

Yea Liz that the one i intended to buy anyways i think.

That was lucky Shelly you didn't buy a Henry the other day, as they say everything happens for a reason and you obviously wasn't meant to buy a Henry!

Poor wee Athrun hope he's ok xxx

I will get a henry one day! If this hoover is pants then i will get one.

Hopefully the medicine helps athrun. Im sure it will. Its only really been noticable wheezing since he got on the move.

balto
22-Jul-09, 19:41

My next rant!!

Rants over for now. :Razzi think they do this, as no-one actually knows when the 5 mins started lol.

golach
22-Jul-09, 19:46
Hopefully the medicine helps athrun. Im sure it will. Its only really been noticable wheezing since he got on the move.
I am truly sorry to hear about your wee one and his asthma, as an asthma sufferer myself of many years now, I know how it feels, may I suggest this should be the time you try to stop smoking and get rid of the hairy animals you like so much, your wee ones health should come first, but Shelley this is only a suggestion, you need not heed me.

ShelleyCowie
22-Jul-09, 19:46
i think they do this, as no-one actually knows when the 5 mins started lol.

I know when it started! Thats whats annoying! Do people not wear watches anymore? Or keep track of time?

Their loss though. They lost out on my money, it might not have been alot but in the times of the recession it may have been needed! :lol:

sassylass
22-Jul-09, 19:48
ShelleyBain you are a breath of fresh air lol

ShelleyCowie
22-Jul-09, 19:49
I am truly sorry to hear about your wee one and his asthma, as an asthma sufferer myself of many years now, I know how it feels, may I suggest this should be the time you try to stop smoking and get rid of the hairy animals you like so much, your wee ones health should come first, but Shelley this is only a suggestion, you need not heed me.

Thanks Golach. Me and my OH are talking about saying goodbye to Jox and giz first, their shavings might have a serious affect on him. (been doing alot of reading about asthma in babies)

And the smoking is sorted already! ;)

Thanks again Mr G!

George Brims
22-Jul-09, 20:51

I assume you mean exhausts that make the car louder? That is a fashion with the immatures over in the US too. What they don't seem to realise is that a wee hatchback with a wee engine and one of those things doesn't sound like a car with a big engine. It sounds like a wasp trapped in a teapot. The other thing they used to do a lot, but it's died out now, is replace all the lights with those ones with lots of chromed plastic surrounding them. They would spend hundreds of dollars to make their car look like one of those really cheap toy fire engines that makes the (not) realistic siren noises when you push a button.

George Brims
22-Jul-09, 20:53
Took athrun to the doctors and he has asthma, so they said not to use bagged hoovers etc etc. Lucky i never bought a henry then eh! So ordered one of those anti-allergy hoovers. Rather pricey but thats ok! It will be a good one! :Razz
Our hoover has bags but they are dear bags, and it also has a HEPA filter, so it's recommended for allergy sufferers.

Vistravi
22-Jul-09, 21:10
Thanks Golach. Me and my OH are talking about saying goodbye to Jox and giz first, their shavings might have a serious affect on him. (been doing alot of reading about asthma in babies)

And the smoking is sorted already! ;)

Thanks again Mr G!

Jox and Giz are cat food. Caramel would have them for breakfast;):lol:

american gal
22-Jul-09, 22:08
:~(im sick of working here i hate stakn shelves grrr but its a job!

ShelleyCowie
22-Jul-09, 22:13
I cant wait to get my new hoover and test it out. The old one will have til do til it arrives! Cant go without hoovering can i.

Its a morphy richards one im getting. Its sad that a 21 year old gets so excited over a hoover eh! :eek:

Also whilst i was at it i bought a new kettle too. Yet again morphy richards, optional whistle on boiling point! :Razz

I suppose i can stop ranting about hoovers now.

But my rant still stands with the loud car exhausts! dozens of times going up and down the street outside my house! :mad:

hotrod4
23-Jul-09, 06:29
Our hoover is a "pet friendly "one with hepa filters and removable cylinder, no bags, no dust when emptying its just bliss!!!
Mrs Rod has Asthma so we had to get one like that.
She also pops anti-allergy tablets everyday so she isnt allergic to our dogs and it works!!.
I am thinking of selling my hoover and getting a 6 inch Diameter Chrome exhaust pipe and taking a wee spin up to Thurso,which streets should i cruise around Shelley????;) And is 1am or 2am too late for a drive by?[lol]

ShelleyCowie
23-Jul-09, 10:33
Our hoover is a "pet friendly "one with hepa filters and removable cylinder, no bags, no dust when emptying its just bliss!!!
Mrs Rod has Asthma so we had to get one like that.
She also pops anti-allergy tablets everyday so she isnt allergic to our dogs and it works!!.
I am thinking of selling my hoover and getting a 6 inch Diameter Chrome exhaust pipe and taking a wee spin up to Thurso,which streets should i cruise around Shelley????;) And is 1am or 2am too late for a drive by?[lol]

Yeah i take anti-allergy tablets too. Hopefully this hoover i have invested in does the job!!

:eek: U had better not! I just wont tell u what street i live in. I would rather sit and hear a child scream for 24 hours than hear all these loud exhausts constantly!