PDA

View Full Version : When is a lump not a lump.

cuddlepop
21-Jul-09, 14:58
After losing my beloved Connie to cancer its probably got us paranoid as OH though he felt something as long as a banana just under Scorries left shoulder.
I havent found anything so could it just be a wayward muscle?

If we take him to the vet Saturday and the vet cant find anything what would you do?:(

tonkatojo
21-Jul-09, 16:40
After losing my beloved Connie to cancer its probably got us paranoid as OH though he felt something as long as a banana just under Scorries left shoulder.
I havent found anything so could it just be a wayward muscle?

If we take him to the vet Saturday and the vet cant find anything what would you do?:(

When we lived on Skye Neil Stevenson was our vet, he was rough and ready but a damn good vet. I don't know if he is still there now.

cuddlepop
21-Jul-09, 17:04
When we lived on Skye Neil Stevenson was our vet, he was rough and ready but a damn good vet. I don't know if he is still there now.

He's been retired a few years now.

Kathy@watten
21-Jul-09, 17:20
Poor Scorrie hope it is nothing sinister, but prob not as he is a young fit dog it may be he has a strain and an agrivated muscle or something....but would take to the vet and have him checked out as it is obviously worrying you. good luck and let us know how you get on!

Liz
21-Jul-09, 17:29
It does sound like a muscle but as Kathy@watten says probably best to get it checked out if it is worrying you?

It is actually a good thing to check our pets for lumps and bumps etc and find out what is 'normal' for each pet.

Most of the time they are quite innocent as,hopefully, will be the case with Scorrie.

With all the running around he does it is possible he has done something to the muscle causing it to swell.

Good luck! xxx

teenybash
21-Jul-09, 18:24
Cuddlepop I don't think you have a thing to worry about. Scorrie is such a wonderful fit energetic boy, he probably uses those shoulder muscles to full advantage when running and lopping around. The muscles will become engorged a little if he has had a bit of excersise and this will have them feel more bulky............here is a link to let you see the muscles...hope it works. dogs.lovetoknow.com/wiki/images/Dogs/0/8Dog-systems.jpg (http://forum.caithness.org/dogs.lovetoknow.com/wiki/images/Dogs/0/8Dog-systems.jpg)

cuddlepop
21-Jul-09, 21:34
Cuddlepop I don't think you have a thing to worry about. Scorrie is such a wonderful fit energetic boy, he probably uses those shoulder muscles to full advantage when running and lopping around. The muscles will become engorged a little if he has had a bit of excersise and this will have them feel more bulky............here is a link to let you see the muscles...hope it works. dogs.lovetoknow.com/wiki/images/Dogs/0/8Dog-systems.jpg (http://forum.caithness.org/dogs.lovetoknow.com/wiki/images/Dogs/0/8Dog-systems.jpg)

I'm pretty sure your all right and its just his shoulder muscles.Just now the ferns are about two feet high and he literally bounces just like skippy through them.
Didnt feel anything tonight and his appetite is just the same.
Thanks for the link teeny.:D